From Chris Myers Dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Chris Myers Dad

For everyone on this board I wish to say hello and I am so excited Denver picked my son today you just have no idea. He has been highly under rated due to playing out of position for the last couple years and I could not understand him not being selected till the 6th round. He in my view came out rated the number # O lineman of the Senior Bowl and I personally was there the entire week to watch his progress.
    At the time Denver called him he was on the phone with Dallas and was discussing being selected in just a few picks. I think Denver is going to be thrilled they took Chris when they did he will fill any spot needed on the O line with a fury. After 5 years at the U of Miami I have seen him take control of the line no matter what size player was up against him.

I look forward to many years on this board and am just so very excited to be a Bronco.

sig by Snk16

sig by White Dragon

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed...every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle...when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."

Welcome!!!

Originally posted by 77OlinesDad
    For everyone on this board I wish to say hello and I am so excited Denver picked my son today you just have no idea. He has been highly under rated due to playing out of position for the last couple years and I could not understand him not being selected till the 6th round. He in my view came out rated the number # O lineman of the Senior Bowl and I personally was there the entire week to watch his progress.
    At the time Denver called him he was on the phone with Dallas and was discussing being selected in just a few picks. I think Denver is going to be thrilled they took Chris when they did he will fill any spot needed on the O line with a fury. After 5 years at the U of Miami I have seen him take control of the line no matter what size player was up against him.

I look forward to many years on this board and am just so very excited to be a Bronco.
    Hi and welcome to the Denver Broncos community!!! Congratulations on your son being a Bronco. I truly know that he will make a huge impact to this offensive line.
    Ultimate Thread Killer!!!

Sig above made by me!

Comment

Welcome! I didnt think players relatives actually came on here? But this is great. He is a very versitile linemen from what have read and he will fit perfectly into the Broncos system.

Comment

Thank you for coming to the boards. A lot of us had been discussing how well your son would fit in Denver's system and would be a great pick for us in the later parts of the NFL draft. Chris did very well in college and we're encouraged with his play and I think he's going to do well here in Denver. He was a fantastic choice and I also, look forward to seeing him help our football team as much as possible!

Comment

Welcome, I hope he can makea a great impact. I know he can play all 5 positions. Just don't get too mad if your son gets bashed by some people.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
          2. Taxes
          3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Well you have had ur welcomes so let me tell u ur son is a hoss and i couldnt be happier for him to be playing for the broncos i cant wait to see him knock some people out

Comment

Welcome!!

Welcome to the boards, i can honestly say that the pick of your son was my favorite pick of the draft. I truly think he will make a big impact in the coming seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
                Welcome, I hope he can makea a great impact. I know he can play all 5 positions. Just don't get too mad if your son gets bashed by some people.
                There's no reason to bash him. That was a good pick!

I never criticize Shanahan for picking OL even if some other lineman was more highly rated at the time of the pick. After all Denver uses a zone blocking system unlike a lot of other teams, so they need to choose OL that fit that system, and not all do.

It makes the rating of OL rather different from other teams' and the system has been highly successful molding OL into successful starters in a few years.

Hopefully, in a couple of years he'll be a starting OG in our system!
                sigpic

Comment

Congratulations!

Congratulations to your son and your family! Welcome to the board. Many posters here including myself have been hoping for some time now that Denver might draft your son and I think we are all very excited to see him as a member of the Broncos.

This must be an exciting time for your family and you have a lot to be proud of. I hope the transition goes great for your family and we look forward to your imput on the message boards.

Comment

I thank everyone for their positive posts and even when there are negitive ones. I have been on the U of Miami boards the entire 5 years he played at Miami. I do know one thing. He is so pumped about playing in Denver he will be bleeding blue and orange before he arrives there.
                    Chris doesn't get excited too easy about things to fast. So seeing his reaction that Denver was on the other line to pick him ( as he was saying bye bye to Dallas ) a overwhemling look of "HOW AWESOME" came across his face. I tell you what after hearing from him when he was 9 years old that he would win a championship with Miami then play in the pros.........then actually today that dream comming close to all true....You cannot find a prouder pop on this planet. I do look forward to getting to know everyone on here and hopefully meet at some tailgates in the future.

sig by Snk16

sig by White Dragon

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed...every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle...when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."

Comment

Originally posted by 77OlinesDad
                      I thank everyone for their positive posts and even when there are negitive ones. I have been on the U of Miami boards the entire 5 years he played at Miami. I do know one thing. He is so pumped about playing in Denver he will be bleeding blue and orange before he arrives there.
                      Chris doesn't get excited too easy about things to fast. So seeing his reaction that Denver was on the other line to pick him ( as he was saying bye bye to Dallas ) a overwhemling look of "HOW AWESOME" came across his face. I tell you what after hearing from him when he was 9 years old that he would win a championship with Miami then play in the pros.........then actually today that dream comming close to all true....You cannot find a prouder pop on this planet. I do look forward to getting to know everyone on here and hopefully meet at some tailgates in the future.
                      He must be happy, he's on one of the best O-Lines!

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                      2. Taxes
                      3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Well, I was getting down on the pick then, because I didnt know anything about him. But after reading about him, he actually looks like a good addition. Congrats and good luck having him sign with the team.
                        sigpic

Comment

he will make tatum bell a super star

Comment

So i bet in the furture it will be him and clabo soming up in the next couple of years.

Comment

Welcome, and I have to say, Chris was one of the picks I was very excited about. I think we were very lucky to get him at where we did!
                              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X