No announcement yet.

From Chris Myers Dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I asked the last thing because I play line at my school, and if I could ever make it even to college I would love it, but I am afraid I will be too small to play line, and too slow to play backer.
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

• Originally posted by 77OlinesDad
      For everyone on this board I wish to say hello and I am so excited Denver picked my son today you just have no idea. He has been highly under rated due to playing out of position for the last couple years and I could not understand him not being selected till the 6th round. He in my view came out rated the number # O lineman of the Senior Bowl and I personally was there the entire week to watch his progress.
      At the time Denver called him he was on the phone with Dallas and was discussing being selected in just a few picks. I think Denver is going to be thrilled they took Chris when they did he will fill any spot needed on the O line with a fury. After 5 years at the U of Miami I have seen him take control of the line no matter what size player was up against him.

I look forward to many years on this board and am just so very excited to be a Bronco.
      Congrats on joining the community of donkies!! All joking aside, congrats to u and ur son, im sure its a dream come true for him and urself.

Comment

I like him at guard because he has had a great career at Miami pulling for runners like Clinton Portis and Willis MacGahee and others. He has had some major break loose blocks that have won games against FSU and the Florida Gators and VT. It appears you don't know too much about Chris's ability to block downfield. I have a article from West Palm Beach from a Willis Mac Gahee interview his Senior years just before the Fiesta Bowl. They asked him out of all of his awesome accompishments over his college career ( and they named a complete paragraph of them ) what would he remember most of his college career.

Willis answered:

Watching Chris Myers run downfield blocking for me, I can always count on him to be there blocking for me.

Trust me Chris can be a awesome pulling guard if they wished him to be.
        I'm pretty sure that is the main reason Denver drafted him. Mobile guards who can get downfield are essential to the Broncos' running scheme. Had he been able to play guard again last year, I'm sure he would have been drafted higher than the sixth round. Plus, the success of Portis in both Denver and Miami might imply your son will be successful in both places.

And I trust you guys with Rosenhaus. You, the parent, seem to play a big role in that kind of stuff, and if you say he won't hold out, he won't hold out. The player can always override the agent.
        A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

• Originally posted by Superchop7
          What do you think of the T.O. and J Walker holdouts?
          How does Chris feel about Tutens workouts?
          What are his aspirations for life after football ?
          __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Still waiting for an answer, maybe you missed the post.

Comment

For everyone on this board I wish to say hello and I am so excited Denver picked my son today you just have no idea. He has been highly under rated due to playing out of position for the last couple years and I could not understand him not being selected till the 6th round. He in my view came out rated the number # O lineman of the Senior Bowl and I personally was there the entire week to watch his progress.
            At the time Denver called him he was on the phone with Dallas and was discussing being selected in just a few picks. I think Denver is going to be thrilled they took Chris when they did he will fill any spot needed on the O line with a fury. After 5 years at the U of Miami I have seen him take control of the line no matter what size player was up against him.

I look forward to many years on this board and am just so very excited to be a Bronco.
            Get me an autograph lol. Welcome.

Comment

• Mr. Myers, Who is your favorite offensive lineman of all time?

Comment

• When he makes the big time, can we(actually me) tell him "I'm good friends with your father and talk to him often", can he get us(me) good seats?
                "Go away kid, you bother me"....W.C. Fields

Comment

• Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
                  Hey,

I understood perfectly what you meant by the contract, and I truly hope you are right. I had a question though, Chris is nearly or at around 300 lbs......how big was he growing up? Just curious
                  Chris was always a large kid growing up but it was when he was about 12 or so that he started to get very tall. He was 11 pounds 8 ounces as a baby.

sig by Snk16

sig by White Dragon

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed...every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle...when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."

Comment

• Originally posted by oaklandxraiderx
                    Congrats on joining the community of donkies!! All joking aside, congrats to u and ur son, im sure its a dream come true for him and urself.

Thank you so much. Its pretty awesome to watch your sons dreams come true one after another. I cannot wait for this season to start.

sig by Snk16

sig by White Dragon

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed...every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle...when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."

Comment

• Originally posted by PsychoChicken
                      I'm pretty sure that is the main reason Denver drafted him. Mobile guards who can get downfield are essential to the Broncos' running scheme. Had he been able to play guard again last year, I'm sure he would have been drafted higher than the sixth round. Plus, the success of Portis in both Denver and Miami might imply your son will be successful in both places.

And I trust you guys with Rosenhaus. You, the parent, seem to play a big role in that kind of stuff, and if you say he won't hold out, he won't hold out. The player can always override the agent.
                      Yes I agree with you last year Chris really took it on the chin for the Hurricanes learning tackle spot during the season his senior year. He was ranked in the top 5 guards in the country the year before. I think he would of gone in the 2nd round if he played guard all year.

sig by Snk16

sig by White Dragon

Comment

• TO and JW hold outs

Originally posted by Superchop7
                        __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Still waiting for an answer, maybe you missed the post.
                        Personally I think TO should of played out this season before going to contract issues. JW also. At the same time I think that Rosenhous gets a lot of bad press when his clients ask him to re negociate at times like that. Drew is always the scapegoat and he is ok with that. I still think he is a great agent for Chris.

So far Chris is pretty in tune with the work outs. I can tell you one thing. The workouts in the pros are not 70% of what he did at the U of Miami.

Chris has always wanted to settle down at his old high school and be a history teacher and head football coach.

sig by Snk16

sig by White Dragon

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigplayshay84
                          Mr. Myers, Who is your favorite offensive lineman of all time?

I would say my favorite offensive lineman was Larry Little of the 72 dolphins. He could blow a whole a mac truck could drive through.

sig by Snk16

sig by White Dragon

Comment

Personally I think TO should of played out this season before going to contract issues. JW also. At the same time I think that Rosenhous gets a lot of bad press when his clients ask him to re negociate at times like that. Drew is always the scapegoat and he is ok with that. I still think he is a great agent for Chris.

So far Chris is pretty in tune with the work outs. I can tell you one thing. The workouts in the pros are not 70% of what he did at the U of Miami.

Chris has always wanted to settle down at his old high school and be a history teacher and head football coach.
                            __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Thanks, I appreciate the reply, opened my eyes with the workout comment, I would have thought it was the other way around. I guess Tuten may not be as good as advertised. (Hmmmmmm) You reinforced my opinion that the agent does what the client desires (as if I needed a reason to dislike T.O. any more than I already do) I saw that you answered at 3:40 am (our time), are you a night owl or is this a reflection of your work schedule?

Comment

I like him at guard because he has had a great career at Miami pulling for runners like Clinton Portis and Willis MacGahee and others. He has had some major break loose blocks that have won games against FSU and the Florida Gators and VT. It appears you don't know too much about Chris's ability to block downfield. I have a article from West Palm Beach from a Willis Mac Gahee interview his Senior years just before the Fiesta Bowl. They asked him out of all of his awesome accompishments over his college career ( and they named a complete paragraph of them ) what would he remember most of his college career.

Willis answered:

Watching Chris Myers run downfield blocking for me, I can always count on him to be there blocking for me.

Trust me Chris can be a awesome pulling guard if they wished him to be.
                              Oops, my bad, you misunderstood my post (i didn't put any names in it ) I was talking about ben hamilton. I have a lot of faith in chris as a guard, and i know he can upgrade ours on either side.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
                              ABWRFRC

Comment

• How is Chris doing so far in the team camps?
                                My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

Working...
                                X