TD or MC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD or MC

Ive noticed alot of bashing on clarett. Hes to slow, he's been injured, off-field problems etc. Would u guys think the same way if he was takin with our 6th rd pick? What did u guys think when shanny took TD in the sixth im sure it wasnt all cheers and hoorays was it? HAVE FAITH IN MC!!!!!!!

Originally posted by dabreeze1984
    Ive noticed alot of bashing on clarett. Hes to slow, he's been injured, off-field problems etc. Would u guys think the same way if he was takin with our 6th rd pick? What did u guys think when shanny took TD in the sixth im sure it wasnt all cheers and hoorays was it? HAVE FAITH IN MC!!!!!!!
    To slightly lesser degree I would still feel the same because of Clarett's own actions. Him quitting at the combine just doesn't set well with me. However, I think with the past success of other backs in this system if anyone is capable of getting the most out MC its Bobby Turner.

Now I wouldn't compare TD's situation with Claretts for one reason, TD did not come to Denver with baggage that MC comes with.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

we have to remember that clarett is still young and very influenced by his agent. I dont know for sure but im sure that clarett not finishing his work out had alot to do with that his pr people have. (if he has any) they might not want him to hurt his stock anymore at the time. And yea TD did have the similar prob maybe not with the PR part but as far as injuries and people wondering if he was worth takin a chance on. FYI: not tryin to argue i just slightly disagree with u too but we all have opinions. Clean slate for MC, no baggage as far as off the field probs go

Comment

Originally posted by dabreeze1984
        We used a 6th round pick on Davis so nobody really cared.

"The Dayne agreement"

Comment

From what ive seen on Total Access TD seems to like Maurice and if TD likes him and thinks he can do something then i have to believe so.

Comment

Davis was a late round pick and he was not publicly known as a cheat and a quitter. Clarett cheated the college system and then quit at the combine and more specifically on his past teamates. I would not be complaining about the pick as much if it was our 6th rounder but in round 3. Well listen to what all the experts have said about it. I have yet to hear a single draft expert say anything good about this pick. Not only because of Clarett being the guy he is but because we picked him so early. It was a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Q_Ball22
              From what ive seen on Total Access TD seems to like Maurice and if TD likes him and thinks he can do something then i have to believe so.
              I agree with u my man. TD is def the role model that a young RB needs.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
                Davis was a late round pick and he was not publicly known as a cheat and a quitter. Clarett cheated the college system and then quit at the combine and more specifically on his past teamates. I would not be complaining about the pick as much if it was our 6th rounder but in round 3. Well listen to what all the experts have said about it. I have yet to hear a single draft expert say anything good about this pick. Not only because of Clarett being the guy he is but because we picked him so early. It was a waste.
                I agree with pickin him early was a bad idea, a waste i dont think so. But only time will tell and i hope nothing but the best for the kid id love to see him running for us for years to come. man i wish we could have gotten mcpherson(throws 70 yards flat footed) and then get clarett back in shape and on the right track. how things could have been. but im prolly wrong i just love the underdog

Comment

You know what's funny to me, people just bash! I have done it and I admit it, but Denver is second chance valley not just dove valley! The Brown's D-Line, love em or hate em there Broncos now. Alfred Williams, Romanowski, Berry, T. Davis, McCaffrey, Rod Smith, Ron Dayne, and even Jake Plummer. You ridicule and ridicule but then when Sundays are here and they do good you are cheering the same as the rest of us. Maurice Clarett deserves his shot, and like it or not you have no say so nor do I and all the complaining and whining will do nothing to change that fact. And if Bell went down with an injury your tune would be a total change if Clarett came in and rushed for 100 plus yards in a game or more.

And I remember a lot of people complaining about T.D. and then when he was a premier back those same people are like "I told you he was a good back"! I mean just deal, if I have to live with Plummer whom I do not like and I have agreed not to bash, maybe you should do the same for some of us whom like Clarett and think he deserves a chance. Respect as fellow fans is something that goes a long ways from being rude and annoying fans like Oakland has.
                  We Buc, We Bronc And Now We Bite... Go BroncDawgs!

Defense brings the pain but linbackers bring the terror!!!

Sig By SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by Denver-D-Dawg
                    You know what's funny to me, people just bash! I have done it and I admit it, but Denver is second chance valley not just dove valley! The Brown's D-Line, love em or hate em there Broncos now. Alfred Williams, Romanowski, Berry, T. Davis, McCaffrey, Rod Smith, Ron Dayne, and even Jake Plummer. You ridicule and ridicule but then when Sundays are here and they do good you are cheering the same as the rest of us. Maurice Clarett deserves his shot, and like it or not you have no say so nor do I and all the complaining and whining will do nothing to change that fact. And if Bell went down with an injury your tune would be a total change if Clarett came in and rushed for 100 plus yards in a game or more.

And I remember a lot of people complaining about T.D. and then when he was a premier back those same people are like "I told you he was a good back"! I mean just deal, if I have to live with Plummer whom I do not like and I have agreed not to bash, maybe you should do the same for some of us whom like Clarett and think he deserves a chance. Respect as fellow fans is something that goes a long ways from being rude and annoying fans like Oakland has.
                    There are valid criticisms that we can discuss. I don't see anything wrong with looking at his history and having doubts about him being picked. However, what does lessen the doubts at least for me is that our rb coach knows this kid and has been instumental in the success of our running attack, and someone like Bill Parcells was interested in drafting MC in the 4th round.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

The past is NOTHING now! MC learned a valuable lesson and Shanny has driven into his brain that he has a clean slate and he has the chance to prove himself in the NFL. I want Bell to be the main back, but if he goes down, I am very happy to have Clarett fill the spot.

Comment

You know what ur right. I bash plummer alot and often but thats not goin to change the fact that he is are qb. MOST OF U GUYS HAVE SEEN MY POST AND THREADS, I SWEAR TO DO NOTHING BUT SUPPORT JAKE EVEN WHEN HE THROWS WITH HIS LEFT AND MAKES REALLY BAD JUDGEMENT CALLS. OK THOSE WERE THE LAST ONES

Comment

I think people should also have thick enough skin to listen to another persons opinion and not feel disrespected. The fact of the matter is that several of us were shocked at the pick and listening to all the experts we have every right to be. I don't know what this has to do with respect for other fans wanting to give him a shot. The conventional wisdom in this case says stay away from the guy. So if you want to defend him fine; but you don't have to feel disrepected because others disagree with you. And being compared to Raiders fans because we are critical of a draft pick is ridiculous.

Comment

Mc

Nice comments, Dawg. I've seen a degree of bashing, and a lot of laughter from other teams, but I have to say the pick is easier to defend than to bash. It's obvious the Broncos decided to take a chance on a few guys that their scouting dept. has liked for some time (they obviously picked Darrent Williams based on what they saw of him in 2003-04 and looked past his injuries last season). They clearly had their eye on Clarett, and probably believed that he wouldn't be around at the 200th pick. That basically forced them to take him at 101. Otherwise, they would have had to make a deal to move up, and it appears that they want to save as many picks as possible to load up next year.

Given that the Broncos were forced into a worst-case-scenario last year after they had injuries to Bell, Anderson, and Griffin (Droughns and the system pretty much bailed them out, or Denver could have been sub-.500 last year), my guess is that they felt that they could never have enough RBs. It will be even more intriguing this year than last to see who emerges as the premier back in Denver's system. It looks like Bell has the inside track, but should something happen to him and Griffin and/or Anderson aren't ready, it will fascinating to see if a) Dayne can resurrect his career, or b) Clarett becomes a star.

Denver's obviously learned how to turn coal into diamonds, and they're no longer worried about letting their current feature back go. They let Olandis Gary move on, they traded Portis, they traded Droughns. So, if someone steps up, Denver can move them and get a good return on a small investment.

I would like to have seen the Broncos pick up a receiver and perhaps add a little more depth at O-line, but there will be a lot of cap casualties hitting the market in June, and there are some promising UFAs out there, too.

Personally, it would be great to see Clarett grow up, put his past behind him, and return to the form he showed in his only college season. Remember, Clarett was one of the most highly recruited HS running backs ever, and one of the most dominating freshman RBs ever, too. He was spectacular in the Buckeyes' Fiesta Bowl win over Miami (look back at the Hurricanes' roster to see how many current NFL players were in that game - it's shocking). The play I remember most was him running Sean Taylor down after a turnover and stripping the ball. Will he ever be that kind of player again? Who knows? But it's certainly an interesting "what if."
                            Last edited by TJforHOF; 04-25-2005, 02:51 PM. Reason: content

Comment

Clarett

Most "experts" are saying it was a reach because of his last 2 years out of FB. They are saying the same thing about Mike Williams, he will be a stud. Clarett, had he played the last 2 years would have been a 1st round pick...
                              We took him in the 3rd, because Dallas was going to take him in the 4th round, we did not have a 4th or 5th round....so we had to grab him. I support Clarett and welcome him to Denver, he will flourish in Denver, as long as he sticks to hard work. Denver will pick up a vetern receiver after June 1, so we will be alright as long as the browns def line steps up....

Comment

Working...
                              X