We passed on Mcphearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We passed on Mcphearson

How could we pass up on this guy? I mean his only 20 and was already an accomplished QB in Arena football. This kids 10times better than kanell and in future will be much better than jake.

Its just sad that shanahan is still content to have Kanell as our backup inspite of the fact he can't win at all.

In case you hadn't noticed, McPherson didn't go untl the 5th round (152 overall). That means that 31 teams other than the Broncos also thought he wasn't worthy of anything better than a 5th rounder. And considering we didn't have a 4th or 5th round pick, McPherson would have had to stuck around until our 6th round pick for us to have used a reasonable pick on him. Even then we might not have drafted him. Just because you like McPherson doesn't mean the Broncos did.

But why do you think Shanny is satisfied with Kanell? Didn't he try to sign Jeff Garcia to replace him? Didn't he draft two QBs last year and bring in a third to compete? The Broncos obviously would like an upgrade at backup QB but they probably didn't think McPherson was the answer.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

It's hard to say who is a good NFL qb.
      Look at Brady, a 6th round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by cheach
        How could we pass up on this guy? I mean his only 20 and was already an accomplished QB in Arena football. This kids 10times better than kanell and in future will be much better than jake.

Its just sad that shanahan is still content to have Kanell as our backup inspite of the fact he can't win at all.
        I don't think by any set of legitimate standards that McPherson can be call an accomplished qb. Also if you think Shanaha is content with qb situation then you haven't been following what we've been doing this offseason concering this position.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

i think that mcpherson would of been a good pick but not in the 3rd round!! hes very young and i think that he could become a solid backup later in his career, hey may be the Saints will cut him or release him next year. you never know.

^^^made by OrangeShadow

Comment

Originally posted by NJfan26
            i think that mcpherson would of been a good pick but not in the 3rd round!! hes very young and i think that he could become a solid backup later in his career, hey may be the Saints will cut him or release him next year. you never know.

Not in the third round. Think of it this way: Who was more worthy a 3rd rounder Maurice "the 40" Claurett, or Adrian McPherson?
            Bronco fan from Packer Land.
            Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
            Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

i don't like the maurice pick either but i don't think that we need a qb at that time. and i don't think that we should of drafted a rb at that time either. we had more important needs at that time which we didn't address like dept at WR or Depth on the o--line, i think that those were more important at the time when there were still good players on the board.

^^^made by OrangeShadow

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
                Not in the third round. Think of it this way: Who was more worthy a 3rd rounder Maurice "the 40" Claurett, or Adrian McPherson?
                Unfortunately you have a point there. But then again, ANY player who might actually produce is a better pick than Clarett. That's holding the bar pretty low.
                sigpic

Comment

Just give it up. We wil forever continue to make questionable moves as long as Mike Shannahan is associated with this franchise. Once you get out of denail and realize Elway and TD won those championships for us and realize that Shannahan is incompetent to run a team's personnel decisions, you will feel better. Just accept that we have the worst front office in football.
                  Does it bother you that a Bronco fan might like a NON Bronco? Deal with it!

Making fun of career threatening accidents because you dont agree with me is fun, right? Losers...

Comment

Originally posted by KellenWinslow81
                    Just give it up. We wil forever continue to make questionable moves as long as Mike Shannahan is associated with this franchise. Once you get out of denail and realize Elway and TD won those championships for us and realize that Shannahan is incompetent to run a team's personnel decisions, you will feel better. Just accept that we have the worst front office in football.
                    Dude, you need to lighten up. This ain't life or death.
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

im back and forth on this. I really wanted Mcpherson the kid is young, can toss a pigskin 70 yards flat footed, and can run well, played in the AFL so he already has a feel at the pro level at 20. But the more i think about takin 3 cb the more i like it, its not like we got some crap of CB they are talented and im sure that we will be seeing the ol switch a roo with positions from CB to Safety(williams hopefully). Clarett will be great the next TD in my book. Look at his highlight tape, i know they are highlights but the kid ran a 4.3, 4.4 comin out of highschool and was runnin over seniors as a 17 year old freshman.

Comment

We didn't draft him, the Saints did, get over it. We didn't need him.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                        2. Taxes
                        3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
                          We didn't draft him, the Saints did, get over it. We didn't need him.
                          Says a plummer fan

Comment

Originally posted by dabreeze1984
                            Says a plummer fan
                            It's true. We're in no need of a quarterback.
                            Ultimate Thread Killer!!!

Sig above made by me!

Comment

No desperate need right now. but after this season we will, but ive taken a vow not to bash plummer so ill just be quiet

Comment

Working...
                              X