Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think all of our draft picks will make the final roster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think all of our draft picks will make the final roster?

We only had six. All would seem to be a positional need outside of Clarett...

Will the trio of speedy cb's, powerhouse rb, booming punter and prototypical denver o lineman make the cut?
    Yes
    24.49%
    No
    26.53%
    All have a great chance of at least making the P.S., with a couple making the final roster
    48.98%
    Originally posted by boltzpride619
    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

i think all of them have a shot...so i voted yes...but i think Karl Paymah will be on the practice squad...

Comment

The last one
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RunByDesign
        We only had six. All would seem to be a positional need outside of Clarett...

Will the trio of speedy cb's, powerhouse rb, booming punter and prototypical denver o lineman make the cut?
        That's a very good question, brings things into perspective more.

Comment

It would be a rare draft where ALL the picks make it. In this case there were only 6, but my guess is that at least 1 will be cut. Happens almost every year. (Last year everyone made it though -- including practice squad) though I think Brandon Miree, RB will be cut this camp.
          sigpic

Comment

Im sure they will all make the 53 man roster even karl paymah, he is talented and in his interviews and pics of him talkin with coyer he looks very determined.

Comment

I think Paymah and Clarett will both be on the practice squad.....

Comment

I think all these guys have a shot, Chris Myers will start at G or possibly C in a year or two, guys got a huge upside, as for Ernster will be our new punter this season. I am not at all impressed by Baker, and I beleive Ernster will most definately outkick him, after all he's know as "Boomer". As for Clarett i think he has a good shot, but like I mentioned in an earlier post he could be allocated to NFL Europe, that will get him back into the rhytim that he had at Ohio State his freshman year.

As for the Corners, Williams has been penciled in as our kick returner this season, and will keep the job unless he flubs out. as for Paymah and Foxworth, these guys will have to perform on special teams in order to make the club. Alot of talk of one of them going Nickel, all three cant play Nickel so like I said special teams will decide their fates.

And with the addition of Brandon Browner, it should make for an interesting training camp as far as competition goes for that Nickel spot

Comment

I'd be shocked as hell to have three corners drafted and thought of so highly not making the roster or the practice squad.

Comment

I think they will...we only had 6, and we could use all of them...
                    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Way to go I was thinking that also Gouger

Originally posted by Gouger
                      I think all these guys have a shot, Chris Myers will start at G or possibly C in a year or two, guys got a huge upside, as for Ernster will be our new punter this season. I am not at all impressed by Baker, and I beleive Ernster will most definately outkick him, after all he's know as "Boomer". As for Clarett i think he has a good shot, but like I mentioned in an earlier post he could be allocated to NFL Europe, that will get him back into the rhytim that he had at Ohio State his freshman year.

As for the Corners, Williams has been penciled in as our kick returner this season, and will keep the job unless he flubs out. as for Paymah and Foxworth, these guys will have to perform on special teams in order to make the club. Alot of talk of one of them going Nickel, all three cant play Nickel so like I said special teams will decide their fates.

And with the addition of Brandon Browner, it should make for an interesting training camp as far as competition goes for that Nickel spot
                      You and I are pretty much thinking the same thing. I do think my son will be starting within a year or two for the Broncos. Its all he has talked about since they picked him Sunday.

sig by Snk16

sig by White Dragon

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed...every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle...when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."

Comment

Clarett must get into his former playing shape. The present stable of RBs is deep and good. Myers was a ridiculous steal for where we selected him, and he came at a good time and is needed because the Oline needs depth. I believe he needs to increase his upper body strength, however, to look at an eventual starting role.

The three CBs bring group speed we've never had, but they are entering a logjam in the defensive backfield. Williams has the best chance here to make an immediate impact because of his special teams potential. Browner also is an intriguing FA addition if he is interested in safety. Some good people will be departing the Broncos from this group. That may be the most interesting competition in camp.

A change is desparately needed and definitely coming at the punter position, and Ernster may have the best chance of all to make the team if he will just perform up to his previous standards. If his leg demonstrates its reputed power and he can nail some corner kicks, he might even bring some flashbacks of Ray Guy to some of us older fans. (Now, before someone has a myocardial infarction over this, I didn't say Ernster would supplant Guy as the greatest. However, one can be not as good as Guy was and still have jaw-dropping abiltiy.)

I must admit that this draft left me stunned, and the first word that came to mind was "noooooooo!!!!" Yet this draft may--may--turn out to be a masterpiece for no more than they had to work with. Time will tell--we'll see. If this draft and this year's FAs work out, however, the Broncos will be a team whom no one wants to play.
                        Last edited by topscribe; 04-27-2005, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Foxworth is the least to make the roster. He's more of an athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkman
                            Foxworth is the least to make the roster. He's more of an athlete.
                            huh?

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                              huh?
                              They keep 6 CB's at best. At this point, they'd keep 4 vets and 2 rookies. Darrent Williams and Paymah are likely to make the roster unless Foxworth is great in training camp. I'd think he ends up in the practice squad or else.
                              Last edited by Darkman; 04-27-2005, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X