Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scouting the top 32 prospects for next years draft

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8418674/2

Wow... only 2 WR's in the top 32? Far cry from the last few years. Offensive line talent seems abundant though. We should get some nice additions next year.
    Winter is Coming!

Comment

11. Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech: At 6-3, 219, he is big corner with good speed. Played safety early in his career at Tech, but make no mistake about it. This is a corner.

well now wouldn't that be nice?
      Holdin' down the Blue and Orange fort here in Missouri....

Comment

Originally posted by JLesSPE
        11. Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech: At 6-3, 219, he is big corner with good speed. Played safety early in his career at Tech, but make no mistake about it. This is a corner.

well now wouldn't that be nice?

He was recruited as a WR. He has very good hands, I could definetely see him playing a little offense also. Unfortunately, our draft last year and this year pretty much makes the point that Denver won't be going after him, or any other CB in next years draft.

Comment

I disagree, I think this draft was more about a return man and depth in the nickel and dime sets. I doubt we'll re-sign Walls next season so a very talented, tall, fast corner with good hands would be very welcome. None of the guys we drafted are starters, or at least aren't standout starters.
          Holdin' down the Blue and Orange fort here in Missouri....

Comment

I would love if Denver somehow got their hands on D'Brickshaw Ferguson and Marcedes Lewis. Both of those players will be impact starters for whomever drafts them right out of the gate.

As for the WR's, unfortunately at this point it is the weakest class ever for receivers. Things could change, and they probably will throughout the year, but as of now there are no franchise recievers or any in general that would be a great 1st round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by JLesSPE
              I disagree, I think this draft was more about a return man and depth in the nickel and dime sets. I doubt we'll re-sign Walls next season so a very talented, tall, fast corner with good hands would be very welcome. None of the guys we drafted are starters, or at least aren't standout starters.

I know.

I just feel, if something happens where they do end up drafting a CB in the frist round, Denver would be ignoring some glaring team needs, like another possible dangerous recieving threat.

Smith isn't getting any younger, and even if Watts and Lelie continue to improve, we need more than 2 threats at catching the ball. We also need to start on an OLine, and next year is loaded with franchise OLine. It would be a great draft to solve that problem, and if we could somehow grab Lewis it would add a completely new dimension to the offense.

I think next year's draft will be offense early.

Comment

Jonathon Scott, from Texas is our guy...

Comment

Scott and Ferguson would be plain awesome. Next year is a great LT draft in general. But the guy I would most like is Rodrique Wright from Texas. He alone could bring our d-line from below average to elite. I can see it now: Wright bulls through Will Shields and forces Trent Green to drop further back and to his right. Meanwhile, Brown speed rushes from his LE position and sacks Green. That is art.
                  A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Im really hoping for Rodrique Wright or Mathias Kiwanuka.

Comment

Thanks for that list.

Mathias Kiwanuka would have been the first defensive lineman off the board if he were to have came out this year. The guy is an absolute beast. There are pass rushers coming out each year, but guys like Mathias are few and far between.

God, there are so many players I like coming out next year. With two first rounders, we SHOULDN'T be able to go wrong, but I'm ready to expect the worst.

Here would be my top ten list of players coming out next year, based on need -- not where we'll be picking.

Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
                      Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas
                      Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina State
                      Gabe Watson, DT, Michigan
                      Eric Winston, T, Miami
                      Jonathan Scott, T, Texas
                      D'Brickashaw Ferguson, T, Virginia
                      Marcus McNeil, T, Auburn
                      Martin Nance, WR, Miami of Ohio
                      Jason Avant, WR, Michigan

I think you know where I'm going with this... you know that feeling.

Of course, if we could get Leinart why not?

Comment

Interesting that they didn't include Bush. Has Bush already said something about staying for his senior season? Because if he comes out next year, he would at worst be the 2nd pick of the draft behind Leinart. And if he counts as a WR, you can throw him right in front of Nance on your list, Broncology.
                        A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
                          Interesting that they didn't include Bush. Has Bush already said something about staying for his senior season? Because if he comes out next year, he would at worst be the 2nd pick of the draft behind Leinart. And if he counts as a WR, you can throw him right in front of Nance on your list, Broncology.
                          I'm not sure if he'd go #2, but that's possible.

9. Reggie Bush, RB, Southern California (Jr.): Some will say he's too small (6-0, 200) to be an NFL running back. They will be wrong. This kid will get 25 touches a game in the NFL and make defenses tremble every time.

I'm doing it by need, and I don't think we need another running back.

Comment

Am I correct to assume that all those listed are seniors?

Here is one player that IMHO is good though very over-rated because the last good o-line players at UF were Kenyatta Walker and Max Starks.

26. Mike Degory, C, Florida: He's the best center in the country, a player adept at blocking for the run and the pass.

Not as good as Jeff Mitchell was at UF. Better run blocker than pass blocker. Has a mean streak.

Comment

Mercedes Lewis should be a good pick
                              Jimmy Williams should be a very good pick 6-3, this guys big, and good speed, and played safety too, damn i hope we get this guy, lets see how he does this coming year.
                              aparently cbs thinks that Reggie is gonna leave SC, i dont think he will be, unless they win again, which is a good possibilty.
                              Who is gonna be a better NFL back Reggie or LenDale?

Comment

Working...
                              X