Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is D'Brickshaw Ferguson a better prospect then gallery was?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is D'Brickshaw Ferguson a better prospect then gallery was?

just a Q to throw out there for the serious college gamers

Winston would be a good fit, assuming he will come back from his injury. From what I understand, he would have been a lock first rounder this year, but after his injury he decided to return for his senior year.

Comment

At this point, Gallery seems like he was a better prospect than Ferguson. But after Ferguson's senior year, Ferguson might be the best tackle prospect of all time. But he is still pretty raw. Other awesome tackles coming out next year are Winston and Jonathan Scott of Texas. I would guess that Ferguson is the best of the three, followed by Scott, with Winston as a close third.

Ferguson would fit well here; he's 6-5 295 (probably will be 310 by next February) and moves laterally very well. He was by far the best pass blocker in the college ranks. He would also be perfect as a pulling lineman in outside runs, bootlegs, and counter plays.
      A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by Black59Razor
        If we go Left Tackle, Miami's Eric Winston is the player I prefer...he is a perfect fit for the Broncos O-line...
        Razor, I applaud you. I wouldn't doubt us taking him. Bringing him along to team back up with Myers? Sounds good to me.

Comment

Gallery was making headlines as sophmore and junior. I've never heard of this guy from Virginia.

IMHO Gallery is a beast. He is the thinest 6'7" 300+lbs I've ever seen. He's also mean and fast.

Comment

I think both Ferguson and Winstrom would fit well on our line. I think there are a few other tackles that would fit also. I don't think we will have a shot at Ferguson.

How does he rate compared to Gallery? good question. Ferguson is not nearly as polished and currently makes more mistakes than Gallery did at this point. Ferguson has much better feet. In fact I have heard more than one person say he has better feet than some RBs. He will be a premier pass blocking tackle because he moves so well. I think he will be top 5 next year. Heck he would have been top 5 this year. Gallery was stronger and better at the point of attack at this point in his career.

I love Winstrom and if the Skins have an off year we could have a shot at him. I think he will go top 10 though so the pick would have to be in the top part of the draft. I am still not sure we would go OL next year. I think alot of questions will be answered with our DL this year. Next year there are alot of very good DL prospects as well. I know we seem to ignore this in the draft every year. And that mistake is already costing us games. Hopefully we learn at some point. There are some excellent pass rushing ends out there next year.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoInATL
              Gallery was making headlines as sophmore and junior. I've never heard of this guy from Virginia.

D'Brickshaw Ferguson would have been a lock first round in this draft. He will be a franchise OLinemen wherever he goes in the NFL, barring injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncology
                Razor, I applaud you. I wouldn't doubt us taking him. Bringing him along to team back up with Myers? Sounds good to me.
                We have NO IDEA where the Broncos will draft next year! People are assuming we'll have a top 10 pick. That is extremely unlikely. Even if the Redskins go 6-10 next year, that only means a pick from about 8-12. The balance of probability is 10 or higher.

If the Redskins improve their record to 7-9, that would drop the pick to about 15 or so. An 8-8 record and we could be drafting about 18-20.

The pick might not be that high!

A really top OL could go higher than that.
                sigpic

Comment

yes but the redskins had the #9 pick thus year and thier offseason moves really haven't made them any better, the only positive differnce for them from last year is Jansen coming back and Carlos Rogers. but there team is in shambles Sean Taylor one of thier better players doesn't even want to work out with the team, Clinton Portis is a 'team leader', like every year they have no chemistry.

If Campbell turns out to be the savior which he will not be, then there might be something to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Dub-DeuceKnight
                    yes but the redskins had the #9 pick thus year and thier offseason moves really haven't made them any better, the only positive differnce for them from last year is Jansen coming back and Carlos Rogers. but there team is in shambles Sean Taylor one of thier better players doesn't even want to work out with the team, Clinton Portis is a 'team leader', like every year they have no chemistry.

If Campbell turns out to be the savior which he will not be, then there might be something to worry about.
                    it would be great if they thought that campbell was the savior and started him from day 1 because then that would make them bad

for the redskins they dont have the weapons on offense, maybe it took them 1 year to work out that portis isnt a between the tackles runner like they tried to use him, if they run him outside more their ground game will be good but i dont believe their WR's are that good, so whoever plays QB this season will have a tough time because they dont have the weapons

their D has regressed, they lost their best CB and is replacing him with a rookie (and rookie CB's generally dont do that well), they didnt upgrade their DE when they wanted to, they lost antonio pierce who was a solid presence at MLB but they have lost him and there is uncertaintly who will play instead of him, barrow is old and was injured all of last year
                    Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
                    http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

i think portis is a between the tackles guy.... just needs to have a oline that makes holes they way they did for him in denver
                      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                      While he sits by his hearth at home.
                      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                      That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                        We have NO IDEA where the Broncos will draft next year! People are assuming we'll have a top 10 pick. That is extremely unlikely. Even if the Redskins go 6-10 next year, that only means a pick from about 8-12. The balance of probability is 10 or higher.

If the Redskins improve their record to 7-9, that would drop the pick to about 15 or so. An 8-8 record and we could be drafting about 18-20.

The pick might not be that high!

A really top OL could go higher than that.
                        There are several OT's that will probably be on their board wherever we're picking.

Comment

Working...
                        X