June 1st cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 1st cuts

Any word leaking out of Dove Valley about who we'll be letting go on June 1st? I figure a few D-linemen (Raylee Johnson comes to mind) and I hate to say it but a RB, too (Mike Anderson). I haven't heard anything about the who we might be cutting and a lot of other teams seem to be tipping their hands.

i think Ron dayne will be cut

and Mike Anderson will be staying

thanx to TMHG

Atwater makes the hit
    Woodson makes the pick
    Lott takes it back

All for respect this is how the game should be played

Comment

Originally posted by HaroldWoods41SS
      i think Ron dayne will be cut

and Mike Anderson will be staying
      Maybe, but I also thing the reverse is just as likely. Danye is cheaper to keep around than Anderson.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I agree, Anderson will be gone. They have Johnson & Miree @ FB for a fraction of the cost of Anderson. Nice knowin' ya...™
        This space for rent

Comment

I think Q might be cut.
          The three Keys to football
          1. Turnovers
          2. Field Position
          3. Red Zone Play

Comment

The only person I'd miss if we cut would be Mike Anderson, out of the ones likely to be cut.
            BRONCOS fan is in my blood!
            IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/vannote/cutlersig.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

To get to your answer there is any easier way to somewhat breakdown the possibilities.

1. Who has been plagued by injuries this last season?

2. Out of those who are proned to having injury filled careers?

3. Who can run and cut better and also has better vision?

4. Who can shed tacklers better?

5. Who is a better north and south type runner?

6. Whom can block better?

7. Whom catches better out of the backfield?

8. Whom has the best carrying ability?

If you take all the questions I have posted and take each back Denver has you are most likely to come up with the answer of the likely two who may be cut.

In the end I see Bell and Clarett being the top two, Bell will start. Anderson could go to fullback and he will only loose that if Miree can beat him for the backup spot. Q, Dayne and Sapp will be fighting for the third spot. Q is smaller hasn't developed the best vision and has health questions. Dayne hasn't proved much but overall is healthy, he has good vision but lacks speed and movement is not quick. Sapp hasn't proven much, he is a lot lie Dayne plus he has not developed to his potential.

I think that Quentin and Mike are the likely ones with their heads on the chopping block. Sapp will go to the practice squad so he can develop, they may offer the same to Q and Anderson but likely one of them will be gone, if not both. Dayne will earn the 3rd spot cause of his overall intangibles. Miree will likely be the backup FB unless Anderson stays healthy and actually shows he is capable in the position. But Miree is likely the winner.

So in the end I see our backfield like this:

Halfback:
              Tatum Bell
              Maurice Clarett
              Ron Dayne

Practice Squad and backup:
              Cecil Sapp

Fullback:
              Kyle Johnson
              Brandon Miree

But you never know we could end up signing someone to come in and compete after a few more cuts as well! And Sapp could do better the Dayne and take the third slot away. You never know.... And come on this is Shanahan were talking about, we will never figure out what he is thinking!
              We Buc, We Bronc And Now We Bite... Go BroncDawgs!

Defense brings the pain but linbackers bring the terror!!!

Sig By SNK16

Comment

Im sorry but Kyle Johnson is sweet, I was so impressed by him last year. I really hope we keep him at FB, and put Anderson on trade block or something, and all this talk about Clarrett being the backup, come on he has a long way to go. I mean we drafted Bell with our high second last year to replace Portis is he was third on the depth chart to begin with. It took QG to get on IR, and our backup Fullback to start fumbling for him to get some carries. I know he was injured but Shanny aint goign to give a rookie that much credit. Hell Portis didnt even start his first 4 games and he was a beast as we all know.
                New England Patriots GM

Comment

See ya Q!

Q is recovering from a major injury and too small. He is nowhere near Barry Sanders category (yes, it is possible to be a small RB). Q gets traded or cut.

Anderson, I hate to say this because of tthe respect I have for him will most likely not be a Denver Bronco on opening day because of financial reasons. Johnson will step up.
                  He loved that moment just as the unit was leaving camp, locked and loaded for bear. It was the end of thinking, worrying, imagining . . . He relied on his training, worked on instinct and reflex. "You're so alert," he says. "Everything matters and none of it is under your complete control, and you're counting on muscle memory, and after that all you have is this absolute trust in the man next to you, and all he has is you."

-Excerpt from "Damage Control" by Eric Neel, ESPN

Comment

If it came down to Mike Anderson or Ron Dayne, Dayne has to go, even taking the injuries Mike has had in account.

Ron Dayne is an absolute worthless RB in the NFL. I still can't understand to this day, what the hell Shanahan was thinking when he signed him.

Comment

One June 1st cut Shanny will keep on eye on P Todd Sauerbraun.
                      Last edited by defense!!!; 04-29-2005, 03:28 PM.
                      Ultimate Thread Killer!!!

Sig above made by me!

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                        If it came down to Mike Anderson or Ron Dayne, Dayne has to go, even taking the injuries Mike has had in account.

Ron Dayne is an absolute worthless RB in the NFL. I still can't understand to this day, what the hell Shanahan was thinking when he signed him.
                        Imho MA is the most likely cut for financial reasons. Shanahan signed him because Dayne has run in offensive scheme similar to what we run here in Denver.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31
                          Im sorry but Kyle Johnson is sweet, I was so impressed by him last year. I really hope we keep him at FB, and put Anderson on trade block or something, and all this talk about Clarrett being the backup, come on he has a long way to go. I mean we drafted Bell with our high second last year to replace Portis is he was third on the depth chart to begin with. It took QG to get on IR, and our backup Fullback to start fumbling for him to get some carries. I know he was injured but Shanny aint goign to give a rookie that much credit. Hell Portis didnt even start his first 4 games and he was a beast as we all know.
                          I agree! This guy made some plays last year and he just looks like a football player. If I'm not mistaken, I think I read in the papers a week or two ago maybe recently that Shanahan said Johnson will be the starting full back.

Comment

Originally posted by urinal_cake
                            I agree, Anderson will be gone. They have Johnson & Miree @ FB for a fraction of the cost of Anderson. Nice knowin' ya...™
                            Well, Miree didn't make it past the practice squad for the lowly NFLE. I'd have to say he's treading shallow water.....
                            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

I'll go out on a limb and project that the best rb's in camp will be kept, with the rest either getting cut, or placed on the practice squad.

There you have it!
                              You heard it here first!
                              Mark it in red.
                              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X