June 1st cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rcsodak
    I'll go out on a limb and project that the best rb's in camp will be kept, with the rest either getting cut, or placed on the practice squad.

There you have it!
    You heard it here first!
    Mark it in red.
    Yeah this really looks like you're going out on a limb RC.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
      I'll go out on a limb and project that the best rb's in camp will be kept, with the rest either getting cut, or placed on the practice squad.

There you have it!
      You heard it here first!
      Mark it in red.
      Naw, I can't see that. What is really going to happen is that the worst is going to be cut or placed on the practice squad and the rest will be kept.

Comment

The question was who would be cut June 1st, not after training camp. I don't see a pricey vet. we need to wait to cut. The only cuts I see coming would be to fit a released vet after the cut date under the maximum roater number. These players are almost always poor performers from previous years or roster fluff signed in Jan or Feb. I seriously doubt it would be anyone noteworthy.

Comment

I think Bell and Anderson will be our 1-2 punch.

I believe Anderson will be kept as he is a proven player and our other HB's are not.

I see the depth chart like this...

1. Bell (pure speed, 1 cut home run threat)
          2. Anderson (solid, reliable, proven RB that can grind down the D)
          3.Clarett (Potential to be a special player and if Bell goes down he moves to #2)

FB

1. Johnson
          2. ?
          3. Anderson

I think theres more than meets the eye regarding the pick of Clarett.

I think with Bell and Clarett being so young Shanahan will decide over the next season or two which one is the future. One of them will be traded within the next two years, IMO.

If they both turn out to be studs then we cant keep them both and can get some real value from one of them.
          kiwi Bronco fan

Comment

in my honest assessment, q should be let go. i dont like him, his running style or his size. i just cant see him doing anything to help the club whatsoever. and i think bell and clarett are gonna have a fun time competing this year!

Comment

one of the Dlineman. Marco Coleman or somebody like him.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                one of the Dlineman. Marco Coleman or somebody like him.
                Yup we have to trim down the number of D-Lineman.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenaline
                  Yup we have to trim down the number of D-Lineman.
                  Too bad a Dlineman couldn't transfer into an Olineman.

Comment

Originally posted by NZrichy
                    I think Bell and Anderson will be our 1-2 punch.

I believe Anderson will be kept as he is a proven player and our other HB's are not.

I see the depth chart like this...

1. Bell (pure speed, 1 cut home run threat)
                    2. Anderson (solid, reliable, proven RB that can grind down the D)
                    3.Clarett (Potential to be a special player and if Bell goes down he moves to #2)

FB

1. Johnson
                    2. ?
                    3. Anderson

I think theres more than meets the eye regarding the pick of Clarett.

I think with Bell and Clarett being so young Shanahan will decide over the next season or two which one is the future. One of them will be traded within the next two years, IMO.

If they both turn out to be studs then we cant keep them both and can get some real value from one of them.
                    if i read your post correctly, are you saying that clarett might be number 2 FB? because he wont, that would be patrick hape
                    Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
                    http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

The only reason to cut players on Jun 1 is for capp purposes no otehr reason. SO look for those cuts being thse that have sigining bonuses that then can be spread over 2 year instead of being absorbed in this current year.

No reason to get rid of a VET, other than the cap space clearance. Most of the players under 4 years do not fit into that area especaily ones later than round 2.

Now who do we have in that area? MA and some linemen come to mind folks that have restructured their contracts over the past 2 years. Who are marginal to make the squad. The reason that 01 jun was chosen, it gave those vets cut, a chance to find another team before training camp.

Other than that they can take X number of folks to Training camp and have to make cuts at certain times.

Comment

Originally posted by dbdom
                        if i read your post correctly, are you saying that clarett might be number 2 FB? because he wont, that would be patrick hape
                        Right............ about time someone got it. Clarett is not a FB.

Comment

Working...
                        X