Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Redskins finish Dead Last.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If the Redskins finish Dead Last.....

    ....and Plummer has a great year, who will Denver draft as the #1 overall pick next year?

  • #2
    Originally posted by buchosiete
    ....and Plummer has a great year, who will Denver draft as the #1 overall pick next year?
    I dont see how they pass on Leinart. If they dont draft Leinart then they'll trade the pick. Leinart will be the first pick of the draft.

    Comment


    • #3
      If Peterson (OU RB) decides to come out then I wouldn't be suprised to see him taken first. But then again, Plummer aint no spring chicken, so maybe they take Leinart.
      Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bleedbluorange
        I dont see how they pass on Leinart. If they dont draft Leinart then they'll trade the pick. Leinart will be the first pick of the draft.
        Why would you draft a QB that won't play for 4 or 5 more years. You easily have to go out and get someone you know can play for you right now. #1 picks don't come around very often, and especially to playoff caliber teams.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by luvdembroncs
          If Peterson (OU RB) decides to come out then I wouldn't be suprised to see him taken first. But then again, Plummer aint no spring chicken, so maybe they take Leinart.

          Denver take a runningback first?

          I can't see that happening.

          Especially when were getting production out of other peoples draft fodder.

          I can see us taking a QB or a WR in the top 5.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by luvdembroncs
            If Peterson (OU RB) decides to come out then I wouldn't be suprised to see him taken first. But then again, Plummer aint no spring chicken, so maybe they take Leinart.
            I don't believe Peterson can come out next year, he has to play through is Junior year if I'm not mistaken.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The Dark Knight
              Denver take a runningback first?

              I can't see that happening.

              Especially when were getting production out of other peoples draft fodder.

              I can see us taking a QB or a WR in the top 5.
              Are there any good WR's available? Seems like there was a lot that came out this year. I guess Reggie Bush would come out. I wouldn't mind seeing him come to town.

              But that OU RB is really good. I believe he will be better than anyone Denver has.
              Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jimdez7784
                Why would you draft a QB that won't play for 4 or 5 more years. You easily have to go out and get someone you know can play for you right now. #1 picks don't come around very often, and especially to playoff caliber teams.
                I am not that big on Leinart. I know the media hype will make him the top pick. If we didnt draft him, he'll be great trade bait.

                If Plummer has a great year and we loose in the first round, I could see anything happening. No one would be safe.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by luvdembroncs
                  Are there any good WR's available? Seems like there was a lot that came out this year. I guess Reggie Bush would come out. I wouldn't mind seeing him come to town.

                  But that OU RB is really good. I believe he will be better than anyone Denver has.
                  I like Peterson also. I just doubt we'll draft him in the first round.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                    I am not that big on Leinart. I know the media hype will make him the top pick. If we didnt draft him, he'll be great trade bait.

                    If Plummer has a great year and we loose in the first round, I could see anything happening. No one would be safe.
                    Who cares what the media thinks or says. Did that influence Shanahan to draft Justin Miller, NO...Everyone thought that Denver would pick him, but Shanny didn't. Also everyone thought Clarret would go 5th-7th, but again that influence didn't change Shanahan's mind at all. He choose Clarret because he felt that was our biggest need at that pic and Mike didn't care and still doesn't care what the media thinks.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jimdez7784
                      Who cares what the media thinks or says. Did that influence Shanahan to draft Justin Miller, NO...Everyone thought that Denver would pick him, but Shanny didn't. Also everyone thought Clarret would go 5th-7th, but again that influence didn't change Shanahan's mind at all. He choose Clarret because he felt that was our biggest need at that pic and Mike didn't care and still doesn't care what the media thinks.
                      That's true. The first overall pick in the draft is different though. Eli Manning is an example of what I'm talking about. Everyone new he'd be the first pick overall, and that worked in the Chargers favor. I would hope that happens to us.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by buchosiete
                        ....and Plummer has a great year, who will Denver draft as the #1 overall pick next year?

                        If we draft number 1, there will be aparty at my house. When it gets much closer to the draft with the combine results in I will worry about whether the Broncos pick or trade and who to pick. This is way too far ahead they may die before then.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If the Wash pick is the first overall, we trade if we can. Slide down four or five spots for picks. We will have a future need of WR, CB, OT and OG. OG will not be a 1st round pick, but WR, CB and OT are. It also depends on how the Dline plays this year.
                          Broncos forever!! :clap:
                          \


                          Me and my daughter, Christmas eve 2006

                          My wife and my daughter, same game against the Bengals.

                          :wave:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Peterson from OU was a true freshman last year so he can not come out until the 2007 draft.

                            As much as I love Reggie Bush I think that the Broncos need to adress WR and the O-Line. I like Martin Nance from Miami (OH) at receiver and Mike Degory from Florida at Center

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CH3COOH
                              Peterson from OU was a true freshman last year so he can not come out until the 2007 draft.

                              As much as I love Reggie Bush I think that the Broncos need to adress WR and the O-Line. I like Martin Nance from Miami (OH) at receiver and Mike Degory from Florida at Center
                              A center though would most likely still be around with our second 1st round pick.

                              "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X