Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kiper-All Four Bronco Draft Picks Considered Reaches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiper-All Four Bronco Draft Picks Considered Reaches!

On ESPN Insider Mel Kiper lists his steals and reaches. All FOUR of our first day picks were considered reaches. Hopefully we can prove everyone wrong, as Mel isn't the only person who considered our picks questionable.

Yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver724
      On ESPN Insider Mel Kiper lists his steals and reaches. All FOUR of our first day picks were considered reaches. Hopefully we can prove everyone wrong, as Mel isn't the only person who considered our picks questionable.
      You're right; a lot of morons in the media have expressed their low, worthless opinions on the draft. They have certain draft choices going down the tubes and certain others single-handedly taking their teams to the Super Bowl--before any of them has played a down in the NFL! Shows real intelligence, doesn't it?

Comment

I really bet Kiper had Tom Brady as a steal! Ha! Idiots...

Comment

I thought the more telling Kiper quote was that the Broncos had one of the worst drafts of all 32 teams. Of course, it doesn't take a draft "guru" to figure that out.

Comment

brutal....

Man, you guys sure are negative right now.... Drafts are kinda like newborns.... could be something great... could be terrible.... the thing is... you just don't know until later.

Come on now... why does Kiper matter at all? Because espn tells us he does?

every year there are low rounders and undrafted free agents that shine ... and first rounders that crap out.... his record at picking the right/wrong ones isn't any better than anyone else....

Ya might like who the drafted.... ya might not... but it seems silly to get worked up over a hypothetical.. (coulda/shoulda/mighta/woulda)... when it all boils down to the fact that we just don't know...

Kiper? must be the hair?

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
              I thought the more telling Kiper quote was that the Broncos had one of the worst drafts of all 32 teams. Of course, it doesn't take a draft "guru" to figure that out.
              Had someone been able to get past the excitement of the draft they could've predicted beforehand that we'd have the worst draft of all 32 teams. You know it's not going to be anything great when your first pick is #56. Most teams had at least 2 picks before we had one. Some like Dallas & Minnesota had 3 before we picked our first! No wonder they had good drafts.

So... you're right, MUG. There's nothing special about figuring this one out; before or after the draft - but only time will provide the truth.
              Winter is Coming!

Comment

Who cares about Kiper!!! His No. 1 receiver, Mike Williams, went all the way to the Lions!!!
                Ultimate Thread Killer!!!

Sig above made by me!

Comment

Mel Kiper Jr. and the rest of these draft gurus know players 40 times, bench press reps, and players height and weight. They don't know football heart, vision, intangibles, football knowledge, work ethic, and feel for the game. If these gurus were so good they would be GM's and coaches themselves.
                  The three Keys to football
                  1. Turnovers
                  2. Field Position
                  3. Red Zone Play

Comment

[QUOTE=BroncoRT]Mel Kiper Jr. and the rest of these draft gurus know players 40 times, bench press reps, and players height and weight. They don't know football heart, vision, intangibles, football knowledge, work ethic, and feel for the game. If these gurus were so good they would be GM's and coaches themselves.[/QUOTE
                    __________________________________________________ _______________

No offense to anyone, but I think we do a poor job at the draft.

Comment

[QUOTE=Superchop7]
                      Originally posted by BroncoRT
                      Mel Kiper Jr. and the rest of these draft gurus know players 40 times, bench press reps, and players height and weight. They don't know football heart, vision, intangibles, football knowledge, work ethic, and feel for the game. If these gurus were so good they would be GM's and coaches themselves.[/QUOTE
                      __________________________________________________ _______________

No offense to anyone, but I think we do a poor job at the draft.
                      only time will tell.
                      The three Keys to football
                      1. Turnovers
                      2. Field Position
                      3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoRT
                        Mel Kiper Jr. and the rest of these draft gurus know players 40 times, bench press reps, and players height and weight. They don't know football heart, vision, intangibles, football knowledge, work ethic, and feel for the game. If these gurus were so good they would be GM's and coaches themselves.
                        Actually you should listen to what Mel has to say about which players were reaches!

Not because Mel is such an expert, he is a loudmouth sportscaster.

But because, while teams BEFORE the draft aren't talking, so the opinions are Mel's own, AFTER the draft, everyone loosens up and Mel has very good contacts with all the NFL teams. So he can talk to personnel directors about what they think about other teams' draft!

Of course, each personnel director hypes his OWN picks, but by talking to a LOT of GM's and personnel directors, Kiper can figure out what the league sentiment is about each team's draft.

So, those opinions aren't just his own, but reflect what other GM's around the NFL are saying!

And they're saying that Shanahan reached on all his picks once again this year!

The Broncos are universally considered to have had poor drafts for years now, with occasional hits like D.J. Williams and occasional solid pros like George Foster.

Darient Williams? Paymah? People are scratching their heads, asking "what was he thinking." We had those guys as 4th round/5th round picks!

That's called a REACH folks!
                        sigpic

Comment

Anyone with a pulse knows we reach, but thats Shanny's half a** way of drafting. He just gets his guys no matter what, and does not take into correlation what the other 31 teams will do and whether better value presents itself or not
                          Does it bother you that a Bronco fan might like a NON Bronco? Deal with it!

Making fun of career threatening accidents because you dont agree with me is fun, right? Losers...

Comment

i think we did reach on our picks
                            but i still think mel kiper is an idiot, everyone think he's some kind of genius except he rates some players way high and every year the draft seems to prove him wrong
                            Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
                            http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

Please, somebody tell me what a reach really is!
                              If a coach has 6 players on their board, and they are available, then who the hell cares WHEN they were taken, if for no other reason than what they will get paid.

I could care less, myself, whether bighair says a player was a 'reach' or not!
                              Has he ever been an NFL GM? Coach?

If an organization has the ability to get the players they want, then bully for them.
                              I guarantee they know a hell of a lot more about the players, than what the mock drafters have to say about them to fans.....

(.02)
                              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X