06 1st round pick for P. Rivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 1st round pick for P. Rivers

Its just a thought but lets say Brees has a great year next season and the chargers shop Rivers for a first round pick. Depending on which one of our picks will be more benificial for the trade, it isnt a bad idea. Afterall we do have two 1st rounders and Plummer isnt a long term solution to a important position in the NFL.

In european soccer its a huge no no trading for a rival player, and I can't help to think the same way in this situation. Even if it would benefit my team, I would have hard time giving my love for a Charger. I can't imagine the scenario until he actually dressed up in the orange and blue. I know it's childish, but I wouldn't like it, for that fact only...

Comment

No, we want someone who wants to play instead of holding out before he ever steps on the field. Rivers can get bent. Let's draft our own guy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
        No, we want someone who wants to play instead of holding out before he ever steps on the field. Rivers can get bent. Let's draft our own guy!!
        I agree 100% let Shany draft our guy he knows what he's doing.

Comment

I don't know. If it wasn't for the excitment of following a QB drafted by us, I would rather see us trade for a young QB whos been in the league for a couple of years. Not only because he knows football a bit better, but because I don't know if I'd trust Shanny with drafting a QB. If it was for immidiate impact I'd go with a trade ahead of the draft...

Comment

well this might be a shocker to you, or not, but shanahan isnt the greatest talent scout when it comes to the QB position. He might actually scout some fairly decent qb's but drafting them is a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBrOnCoS16
              well this might be a shocker to you, or not, but shanahan isnt the greatest talent scout when it comes to the QB position. He might actually scout some fairly decent qb's but drafting them is a different story.
              Yeah but it also depends on what spot we get in the draft.If we get a high spot Shanny won't get the best QB out there.

Comment

Why help an AFC team w/ a 1st round pick, much less a division rival?
                My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

now that i think about it, the team doesnt have a whole lot of money to work with so they probably will trade the higher 1st round pick so they wont have to rob a bank in order to pay for the high draft pick.

Comment

there are some under rated quarterback's comin out next year, like the guy from iowa whos name escapes me at this moment. but i assure you, he good
                    for loving the game and never letting go, thank you dennis

Join Football Board!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBrOnCoS16
                      Its just a thought but lets say Brees has a great year next season and the chargers shop Rivers for a first round pick. Depending on which one of our picks will be more benificial for the trade, it isnt a bad idea. Afterall we do have two 1st rounders and Plummer isnt a long term solution to a important position in the NFL.

Not a chance.

If your going to trade a 1st round pick, you trade it for a player's that's proven.

...and Drew Tate is the QB from Iowa for whomever wants to know.

Comment

i would take drew tate in a sec i live in mn and got to see him play live a couple of times. hes got it all. he can throw on the run as good as plummer and i think hes got a stonger arm then jake. it would be an awsome in our system it would be great to learn under jake i would love this pick i personlly think hell be better then matt from usc

Comment

Originally posted by JkThSnake #16
                          i would take drew tate in a sec i live in mn and got to see him play live a couple of times. hes got it all. he can throw on the run as good as plummer and i think hes got a stonger arm then jake. it would be an awsome in our system it would be great to learn under jake i would love this pick i personlly think hell be better then matt from usc

OT:

If you a Gopher fan, watch my NDSU beat you guys in 2007!!

Comment

silk i hate mn im a mich fan been one for years but my wife is lol

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                              OT:

If you a Gopher fan, watch my NDSU beat you guys in 2007!!
                              LOL! Yeh....and my SDSU will beat UCLA......
                              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X