Charlie Friehauf... The future!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Friehauf... The future!?

I just looked up his stats from his senior year from the Colorado Mines and I saw some amazing stats. 4,700 yards passing, 29 touchdowns, 10 interceptions, and the most suprising stat that my eyes buldge out of my head when I saw it... 800 yards scrambling. He also wore #7.

I know, I know, low level of compitition but still, those are some stats you can not pass up.

I can tell you right now though, I personally think, in 3-5 years the franchise will rest in the hands of Matt Mauck, Bradlee Van Pelt, or Charlie Friehauf.

I could see the franchise being given to Matt Mauck, because he did bring LSU to a national championship and won it. The only reason he was a 7th round pick was because coaches didn't know if he was going to play baseball or football. He was a top 10 quarterback last year.

I could also see it given to Bradlee Van Pelt who has a good chance because he is a Colorado native and Shanny knows what he can do. He is very mobile and had a great college career, and the preseason game he played in; he lit it up.

But Charlie Friehauf, I dunno, but those stats are great, the low level of compitition makes me think.
    Last edited by ReleaseTheBeast7; 04-30-2005, 09:23 PM.
    sigpic

i hope he can pass those stats to the NFL, but like you said, low level of compitition. i fell in love with bradlee van pelt when he was in college and i saw him play twice on friday night espn. i think he will be the starter for two reasons:

1. hes a great quarterback

2.he will be better in an offense that just had a mobile quarterback and is used to it.

not the best reasons but they do to me.
    for loving the game and never letting go, thank you dennis

Join Football Board!

Comment

Well, two things....

1. Mauck wasn't drafted because gm's didn't know if he would become a dentist....not play baseball.

2. I haven't personally seen BVP play, but looking at stats (not impressive) and hearing people say that he's not impressive at reading defenses or making smart decisions in the heat of battle (sound familiar?), makes me wonder if he'll ever be a starting qb in the league, or another JJ.
      Maybe he can be groomed as the next best TE or follow crouch's path, and become a safety.?.?.
      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
        Well, two things....

1. Mauck wasn't drafted because gm's didn't know if he would become a dentist....not play baseball.

2. I haven't personally seen BVP play, but looking at stats (not impressive) and hearing people say that he's not impressive at reading defenses or making smart decisions in the heat of battle (sound familiar?), makes me wonder if he'll ever be a starting qb in the league, or another JJ.
        Maybe he can be groomed as the next best TE or follow crouch's path, and become a safety.?.?.
        Oh it was a dentist? Could of sworn it was baseball.

Yeah, I heard that BVP really couldn't read a blitz before the play if his life depended on it. I don't really like Bradlee, but I just saw something in him because of the fact that he's very very mobile.

But like I said, Matt Mauck could very well be our franchise QB.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
          No. But he did play baseball for a while...i think he was on a cubs minor leauge team...that may be what your thinking of.

Comment

btw, i don't think our "franchise QB" is on our team right now...I think we could get him in the nest 2 drafts or so.

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
              btw, i don't think our "franchise QB" is on our team right now...I think we could get him in the nest 2 drafts or so.
              Very true, could be next year with one of our 1st round picks.
              sigpic

Comment

Well, two things....

Well, I'm originally from CSU country. (I didn't go there, but my cousin quarterbacked there, and I matriculated 30 miles away at Division II UNC) My heart, therefore, is with BVP. However, my head isn't. BVP has Favre type guts and grit without Favre's skills (apparently). Mauck is reputed to have a stronger, more accurate arm and is definitely faster afoot. (In fact, Mauck is faster than Plummer.) If our future QB is on the roster, I would have to go with Mauck, too.

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                  Well, I'm originally from CSU country. (I didn't go there, but my cousin quarterbacked there, and I matriculated 30 miles away at Division II UNC) My heart, therefore, is with BVP. However, my head isn't. BVP has Favre type guts and grit without Favre's skills (apparently). Mauck is reputed to have a stronger, more accurate arm and is definitely faster afoot. (In fact, Mauck is faster than Plummer.) If our future QB is on the roster, I would have to go with Mauck, too.
                  UNC? I hate you!!! (j/k) You'd always kick the **** out of my jackrabbits! Oh well.....sie la vie(sp).

And I had no idea Mauck had ANY speed, to speak of. I sure didn't see it in the BCS game against OU.....but then again, I was severely impaired......

It'll surely be interesting to see who Shanny keeps this year, for qb's........
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

UNC? I hate you!!! (j/k) You'd always kick the **** out of my jackrabbits! Oh well.....sie la vie(sp).

And I had no idea Mauck had ANY speed, to speak of. I sure didn't see it in the BCS game against OU.....but then again, I was severely impaired......

It'll surely be interesting to see who Shanny keeps this year, for qb's........
                    I understand Bears like to eat Jackrabbits. But, you know, that was my high school mascot: The Grover (Colorado) High School Jackrabbits. There were 21 in my entire graduating class, and we were the largest one in all 12 grades! I didn't actually graduate from there, though--moved to Greeley for my senior year.

Anyway, we're both Bronco fans.

Back to business: According to my statistics, Mauck ran a 4.67, as opposed to BVP's 4.88. Plummer, by the way, is at 4.78. Get past Young, Vick,and (a young) Elway, and QBs don't tend to be very fast, do they? (Well, there are a couple others, I guess. Collins? )

Comment

yup. but when qbs scramble, it gives the illusion that they are fast cuz the slow ass Dlinemen are chasing them.
                      EDIT: mcnabb, culpepper, and garcia are who i would add to the fast list

Comment

Mobile QB's work for us so I can't see him not working for us but I don't know how hte competition is there so i can't really say how good he'll be in the NFL.

Comment

IMHO Brad Van Pelt's accuracy problems and inability to read defenses will spell his doom as a QB. I think that the Broncos have their "franchise QB" playing for them right now. He makes some poor decisions at times but so does Favre and others. The deciding factor is,"does the team win when he is under center?" So far the answer is yes.

Comment

Yeah, I heard that BVP really couldn't read a blitz before the play if his life depended on it. I don't really like Bradlee, but I just saw something in him because of the fact that he's very very mobile.

But like I said, Matt Mauck could very well be our franchise QB.

Mauck played Minor League baseball before he went to LSU and after he's done with pro football he's going to dental school.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I can tell you right now though, I personally think, in 3-5 years the franchise will rest in the hands of Matt Mauck, Bradlee Van Pelt, or Charlie Friehauf....

But Charlie Friehauf, I dunno, but those stats are great, the low level of compitition makes me think.
                              His name is Chad Friehauf.

Thanks for the sig NORTHERN!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X