No announcement yet.

Still have some cash to play with come June 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We already have a very full roster...I don't think we should sign anyone else, unless something amazing pops up. We can use the extra cap space to resign one of our soon-to-be departing free agents during the year to a long term deal, if they are having a good year (i.e. Warren, Brown, possibly Walls or Lepsis). I'm not saying Brown and Warren are as good as Sean Rogers of Detroit, but this is what they did towards the end of last year.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoDefense
      We already have a very full roster...I don't think we should sign anyone else, unless something amazing pops up. We can use the extra cap space to resign one of our soon-to-be departing free agents during the year to a long term deal, if they are having a good year (i.e. Warren, Brown, possibly Walls or Lepsis). I'm not saying Brown and Warren are as good as Sean Rogers of Detroit, but this is what they did towards the end of last year.
      Sounds to me as if you are using your head, BD. Is the money burning a hole in our pocket, or what? If we have what we need, why sign people just because they are there? The only exception, of course, is if they are dramatically better. But "better" does not include only skills (ala T.O., Mitchell, Kennison, Carter, Gardner, etc.). What will they add to the team, and what will they take away? In other words, whom will we have to cut, and what will be the changes in chemistry and in the locker room (which extends out to the field, no matter how one looks at it)?

And I do believe C. Brown can be as good as Sean Rogers--if he can just stay healthy. He wasn't snapped up in the draft, like he was, for nothing.

Make sense?
      Last edited by topscribe; 05-03-2005, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoDefense
        Highly doubt Walls or Lepsis will be re-signed! Walls has Rosen****s as an agent and Lepsis will want 5-8 million. Denver would be better to let him go and add to a need area. Cause Clement and Foster are just as good! Denver will use some to sign those on the D-Line to longer contracts, well the one's whom prove worthy. And Topscribe is right Denver should only use the money for a player that actually elevates the team and doesn't bury the team.
        We Buc, We Bronc And Now We Bite... Go BroncDawgs!

Defense brings the pain but linbackers bring the terror!!!

Sig By SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
          Well, we have GOT to pick up a pass rushing DT at some point this offseason. Resigning Ellis Johnson or acquiring Corey Simon would go a LONG way in terms of optimism for me.
          Don't hold your breath MUG! Shanahan is probably through making moves on the DL.

Frankly, I don't see acquiring any more FA DL as the answer anyway. He should have DRAFTED one so he'd have someone at a reasonable contract when all the Browns DL hit FA. But that ship has sailed. Unless he could find a quality undrafted FA DL who could have say, 3rd round value who would sign a 3 year contract for not a lot of money. . . . And develop into a starter for 2006. . . . What the hell am I saying?!

What if I woke up one morning and found my pillow had magically transformed into Katherine Heigl. That's about the likelihood!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
            Our current cap situation.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=2004973

Not bad. We still have a little room to maybe grab a decent FA after June 1st. Well, provided we don't give Freddie Mitchell a huge contract offer .
            We get Mitchell.........an I hope we get burnt all year. That guy is a TO wanna be with less than half the talent.
            Bronco fan from Packer Land.
            Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
            Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
              We get Mitchell.........an I hope we get burnt all year. That guy is a TO wanna be with less than half the talent.
              I can't believe these people who wish ill will for the Broncos if they make certain moves. Makes you wonder whose fans they really are.

Comment

Originally posted by KellenWinslow81
                Can you say FredEx
                Can you say bum?
                sigpic

Comment

we need to cut Willie Middlebrooks, Q, Kanell, and Roc Alexander

that should give us a little bit of cap space to play around with...there are upgrades that can be made

Made by Snk16

Comment

Working...
                  X