Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver interested in Freddie Mitchell !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey you never know maybe being around TO so much rubbed off him. This might not be so bad, Im sure Rod Smith, Al Wilson and John Lynch can keep him in line. The only thing Im worried about is him and Clarett haging out at the Aurora IHOP in the wee hours of the morning! lol jk but Im sure everyone thats brought in will keep their acts togther, Im mean look at how fast Shanny shipped Clinton Portis out of town and how he cutt Daryl no job Gardner lose. A tight ship is run here and examples have been made, so its no big deal as long as there are contract clauses in these deals, meaning we can break ourselves free of any problem children.

Comment

Originally posted by MilitantDBFan
      Yall are over reacting. You should make this post about Hakim and not Fredie Mitchell. This is just one mans opinion. It says COULD have interest. And just below it says for Hakim that they HAVE shown interest. Obviously one thing has already taken effect and one just a hunch.

The broncos should have signed David Boston 5 weeks ago. Real Talk. If healthy he could be a problem for the league on this team.

Mili I agree with you here. The article said the Broncos COULD be interested not that they are. Hakim would cost us nothing to sign (not that I'm interested) Mitchell would cost us a draft pick.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
        Mili I agree with you here. The article said the Broncos COULD be interested not that they are. Hakim would cost us nothing to sign (not that I'm interested) Mitchell would cost us a draft pick.
        Great point, but I dont think its happening. Im not sure the broncos want him bad enough to trade for him when hes about to be cut. I know there'll be other teams to contend with but still thats no reason to ship off a draft pick for him when we have Watts, Johnson and an extra first rounder next season! He'll if anything trade a first rounder to Tampa Bay for Michael Clayton!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
          we dont need him he is a punt returner/speedster.. we already have enough of those we need a possession guy to step in for rod when he retires knowing it takes a average of 2-3 years to get a guy ready to play wide out and be a frocethey need to start now .........heres hoping one of those rookies from last year really step up
          Well, that would be a big problem for them. Whom would they cut? There are so many on the roster now, and virtually all are showing a lot of promise, according to staff. Incidentally, Nate Jackson was showing great promise as a possession receiver, and Mattos, who isn't a little guy, also has their attention. Both have respectable speed--around the 4.6 range. Not as fast as Rod, but decent. Of course there's B.J. Johnson, who isn't tiny, either, and runs in Smith's range. So we MAY already have the possession receiver--we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeTime
            Great point, but I dont think its happening. Im not sure the broncos want him bad enough to trade for him when hes about to be cut. I know there'll be other teams to contend with but still thats no reason to ship off a draft pick for him when we have Watts, Johnson and an extra first rounder next season! He'll if anything trade a first rounder to Tampa Bay for Michael Clayton!
            I could go for that but I doubt Tampa would.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I don't think there's any way Gruden would let Shanny have Clayton. Shanahan wanted him real bad and could have had him if he gave up a second round pick. Essentially, we would have had Michael Clayton last year instead of D.J. Williams and Darius Watts.

To the Fred Ex story, I'm with those on the board who are pointing out that this is just a columnist tossing out some info. There's no merit to it, yet, and I sure hope there ever be any. I'm totally on board with and excited about Clarett, I could go for David Boston to see what he and Plummer could do together again, and I could even see Az Hakim making contributing at the right price. But Freddie Mitchell doesn't merit discussion even by the coaching staff. The guy is a total and complete joke. He does nothing!

He has 90 catches and 5 TD's over FOUR years in the league and has only missed two games in that time. The guy would throw John Elway under the bus as an excuse for himself. The guy has made one great play we remember as 4th and 26 and has spent the rest of his career talking, and talking, and running his mouth some more. My only question is, what is he talking about, he's never done enough to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by jletourneau
                I don't think there's any way Gruden would let Shanny have Clayton. Shanahan wanted him real bad and could have had him if he gave up a second round pick. Essentially, we would have had Michael Clayton last year instead of D.J. Williams and Darius Watts.

To the Fred Ex story, I'm with those on the board who are pointing out that this is just a columnist tossing out some info. There's no merit to it, yet, and I sure hope there ever be any. I'm totally on board with and excited about Clarett, I could go for David Boston to see what he and Plummer could do together again, and I could even see Az Hakim making contributing at the right price. But Freddie Mitchell doesn't merit discussion even by the coaching staff. The guy is a total and complete joke. He does nothing!

He has 90 catches and 5 TD's over FOUR years in the league and has only missed two games in that time. The guy would throw John Elway under the bus as an excuse for himself. The guy has made one great play we remember as 4th and 26 and has spent the rest of his career talking, and talking, and running his mouth some more. My only question is, what is he talking about, he's never done enough to talk about.
                Add to that he was a number one pick and this all the production they have gotten out him in four years! His best season he only caught 34 passes.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                  Well, that would be a big problem for them. Whom would they cut? There are so many on the roster now, and virtually all are showing a lot of promise, according to staff. Incidentally, Nate Jackson was showing great promise as a possession receiver, and Mattos, who isn't a little guy, also has their attention. Both have respectable speed--around the 4.6 range. Not as fast as Rod, but decent. Of course there's B.J. Johnson, who isn't tiny, either, and runs in Smith's range. So we MAY already have the possession receiver--we'll see.
                  More and more Im thinking Darius Watts will be our possession guy.

Comment

WOW! Think of what he could do after the catch at that positon! However, do you think potential injury might be a concern at his size? He isn't tiny, but he isn't overly big, either.

Comment

But as a possession receiver he has to learn to get open over the middle. Right now he doesn't have the strength that's where having Jackson could have helpful to us. Also Putzier has to be more involved in the offense especially in the red zone imo.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

But as a possession receiver he has to learn to get open over the middle. Right now he doesn't have the strength that's where having Jackson could have helpful to us. Also Putzier has to be more involved in the offense especially in the red zone imo.
                        But that is what I was saying. Nate Jackson and Grant Mattos do have strength.

Comment

But that is what I was saying. Nate Jackson and Grant Mattos do have strength.
                          I hear ya and I agree. It's too bad that Nate was hurt, if had not been our red zone production might have been better. Mattos we have no idea what he can do.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I hear ya and I agree. It's too bad that Nate was hurt, if had not been our red zone production might have been better. Mattos we have no idea what he can do.
                            All I know is that the staff likes Mattos. I hope they're right. But I like Nate Jackson a lot. He seemed to show a lot of Eddie Mac to me. (To those who just got a burr in their jockstraps, I am not equating N. Jackson with Eddie Mac--yet.)

Comment

All I know is that the staff likes Mattos. I hope they're right. But I like Nate Jackson a lot. He seemed to show a lot of Eddie Mac to me. (To those who just got a burr in their jockstraps, I am not equating N. Jackson with Eddie Mac--yet.)
                              I'm knocking Mattos at all I just don't know much about him. Some may not understand what you're saying about Nate but I do.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Freddie Mitchell is starting to get more face time in the media then Paris Hilton. That isn't going to fly well with my 9milli.

Comment

Working...
                                X