Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Gonna Be Third String Reciver Watts, Luke? Thats why we get Freddie Mitchel if

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=ChampBaliey24]
    Originally posted by topscribe
    Hello deep ball?? Have you heard of a WR by the name of Ashley Lelie?

So the Broncos don't have any prospects for #3 receiver? What happened to Watts? Watts is just coming out of his rookie season; it doesn't take much patience to be patient with a rookie.

For speed, Watts and Luke are .04 a second apart. But the Broncos have nothing behind them? What happened to Nate Jackson, B.J. Johnson, Grant Mattos, Charlie Adams, and Romar Crenshaw (who is the fastest of all the receivers, BTW)? While we're at it, what happened to Rod Smith?--It seems that this premier receiver is going to be with us for at least another year.
    Yeah Lelie si a deep threat, but teams will seee that and stop that like the Colts did by playing a a man deep on Lelie's side. With one more deep threat like Luke they will have to play a 2 Man deep and that will live the middle open for Smith and Carswell, Alexander, Putizer or whoever we start at TE. I did not say they didn't have any prospects our prospects at the WR will be good in thier third year when they learn to develop the simple things just like Lelie and when Rod Smith might be gone. I wanna win now and thats why I think the Broncos should sign Mitchell to a one year deal so Watts and Luke and these other guys who suck by the way and never saw the field execpt for on special teams and won't see the field again, can progress. Then give Mitchell the boot and make way for a young QB and the new Eddy Mac and Rod Smith combo Ashlie Lelie and Darius Watts and the modern era deep threat Ashlie Lelie and Triandus Luke.
    How do you know those other WRs suck if they have never been on the field? How do you know they will "never see the field again"? Where we going to get a "new Eddy Mac and Rod Smith combo"? Motor Mouth Mitchell? (I haven't heard a Broncos coach say McCaffrey or Smith wasn't welcome back, if you know what I mean.) What does it take to be a "deep threat"? Did you know before my post that there is a Romar Crenshaw on the roster who is faster than any of them?

Where we going to get a "young QB"? We had a "young QB" in Griese! Plummer is 30; that's still pretty young for a QB.

I'm just glad there are knowledgeable coaches holding down those jobs on staff.

Comment

Rodney Harrison had more catches than Freddie "Look at me!" Mitchell in the superbowl. The guy is a hack.

Comment

How do you know those other WRs suck if they have never been on the field? How do you know they will "never see the field again"? Where we going to get a "new Eddy Mac and Rod Smith combo"? Motor Mouth Mitchell? (I haven't heard a Broncos coach say McCaffrey or Smith wasn't welcome back, if you know what I mean.) What does it take to be a "deep threat"? Did you know before my post that there is a Romar Crenshaw on the roster who is faster than any of them?

Where we going to get a "young QB"? We had a "young QB" in Griese! Plummer is 30; that's still pretty young for a QB.

Those recivers wern't on the field for a reason because they do suck. Oh and I never said " Moter Mouth Mitchell" as you would say wa spart of the New Eddy Mac and Rod Smith combo it was Lelie and Watts. To be a deep threat you have to be fast with pads on and Crenshaw isn't and was did ever see a snap last year and don't think he will this year so he can't be a deep threat and Luke is the only fast guy we have who will ever see a snap and has hands to catch the deep ball and the leaping abilty to catch the deep jump ball. He also has a good second gear so when he cathes the ball and if he gets any room he can turn on the second gear and burn by a defender or juke them out with his tremendous agilty.
        Tatum Bell will run for 1500 yards next year and Champ Bailey will have 5 INTs, Darius Watts future star mark my words. Watch the middle Al Wilson will hunt you down.

Broncos 31 Packers 24 Super Bowl XXXII

Broncos 34 Falcons 19 Super Bowl XXXIII
        To John Elway I give you a Mile High Salute

THANKS SNK16

Comment

I did't say Plummer wasn't young I meant that Plummer is a liabiltie a talent, but makes stupid desicions and throws to many INTs becaus of lack of 3 WR thats why we get Mitchell and if we don't we need a QB and you can't find a good QB right now who is young or has previously been good and is still young. So why not draft one with one of our two first round picks next year and if the Redskins are really bad wich is a possibiltie we could maybee get Matt Leinert.
          Tatum Bell will run for 1500 yards next year and Champ Bailey will have 5 INTs, Darius Watts future star mark my words. Watch the middle Al Wilson will hunt you down.

THANKS SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by ChampBaliey24
            I did't say Plummer wasn't young I meant that Plummer is a liabiltie a talent, but makes stupid desicions and throws to many INTs becaus of lack of 3 WR thats why we get Mitchell and if we don't we need a QB and you can't find a good QB right now who is young or has previously been good and is still young. So why not draft one with one of our two first round picks next year and if the Redskins are really bad wich is a possibiltie we could maybee get Matt Leinert.
            Well, I'm sorry, but I'm one of those stupid people who think Jake is a good QB. Of course, I wouldn't put it past the bunch up there who are making drafting decisions to take Matt Leinert, assuming he is available. That's just what we need: a QB with the mobility of a crippled tortoise. And I still don't understand why you think we have a lack of WRs. The Broncos are deep in that area. All they have to do is sort through all the competition that will take place in camp. Then, don't worry, we will be more than fine.

Comment

Those recivers wern't on the field for a reason because they do suck. Oh and I never said " Moter Mouth Mitchell" as you would say wa spart of the New Eddy Mac and Rod Smith combo it was Lelie and Watts. To be a deep threat you have to be fast with pads on and Crenshaw isn't and was did ever see a snap last year and don't think he will this year so he can't be a deep threat and Luke is the only fast guy we have who will ever see a snap and has hands to catch the deep ball and the leaping abilty to catch the deep jump ball. He also has a good second gear so when he cathes the ball and if he gets any room he can turn on the second gear and burn by a defender or juke them out with his tremendous agilty.
              I didn't say that you said "Motor Mouth Mitchell." I said it, and I take full responsibility for it. And I repeat: How do you know the receivers "suck" if you haven't seen them play as pros? And if Luke is the fast guy we need--well, there's your 3rd receiver--your deep threat!

By the way, I guess you didn't see Nate Jackson play last year. I did, and he's good, especially over the middle. That's one of your concerns, isn't it?

Comment

Well, I'm sorry, but I'm one of those stupid people who think Jake is a good QB. Of course, I wouldn't put it past the bunch up there who are making drafting decisions to take Matt Leinert, assuming he is available. That's just what we need: a QB with the mobility of a crippled tortoise. And I still don't understand why you think we have a lack of WRs. The Broncos are deep in that area. All they have to do is sort through all the competition that will take place in camp. Then, don't worry, we will be more than fine.
                We are fine at the 1 and 2 WR positions Watts and Luke are going to both be stars in this league, but are liabilties for this year and we need to win now. The need for a 3 WR I watch every Broncos game and about 90% of the time they run a 3 WR 1 RB 1 TE set and usualy for a 1 RB set to work you need to have a power back wich Tatum is not, but is hard to take down because of his speed, but at now means even somwhat of a power back so you need a good blocking TE which we have in Carswell, but thier si no guarntee he will be starting with our crop of TEs, but the other TEs are not Carswell blockers, but good blockers none the less. And last, but not least you need 2 good blocking WRs we have one in Rod Smith and Lelie nor Watts and deffinatley not Luke yeah there was a reason he was only in 2 back sets or 5 WR/TE sets and Mitchell actually is a very good blocker. Rod will straigten out his bad attitude with a little sit down on being a team player. Get Mitchell!!!!!!! Oh and who says you need a mobile QB to win look at the Pats 3 out 4 superbowls and Tom Brady is slower than Matt Leinert. Leinert alos has just as good or a better arm than Plummer and is much more accurate than Plummer so we will have the deep ball thrower we want with out the INT risk. Get Leinert!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS SNK16

Comment

I didn't say that you said "Motor Mouth Mitchell." I said it, and I take full responsibility for it. And I repeat: How do you know the receivers "suck" if you haven't seen them play as pros? And if Luke is the fast guy we need--well, there's your 3rd receiver--your deep threat!

By the way, I guess you didn't see Nate Jackson play last year. I did, and he's good, especially over the middle. That's one of your concerns, isn't it?
                  Yeah Luke will be a good 3rd reciver, but a 3rd reciver doesn't have to be a deep threat he has to be someone to draw a extra eye from a defender and open up the other recivers and with Mitchell's " Moter Mouth" he will piss off defenders getting them angrey and trying really hard to maske sure he doesn't have a good game and will take the pressure and doubles off Smith and Lelie. Luke hasn't made a name for himself yet now I really like both Luke and Watts, but they will both need to have a few good games not to produce like Mitchell because he didn't produce, but to have the effect Mitchell has on defenders. Nate Sucks I saw him play wow a few good plays here and there and I wen't to three Broncos games last year and in those games combined his missed at 5 passes he should of caught or dropped and thats not counting the balls a GOOD reciver comes down with.

THANKS SNK16

Comment

So, CB24, judging by that last post you want what was the 3rd WR of a team that had one of the worst WR core in the league before TO to come in and take time and development away from our rookies? And for what? To talk trash to the opposing teams? [sarcasm]Sounds like a plan!![/sarcasm]

Comment

Yeah Luke will be a good 3rd reciver, but a 3rd reciver doesn't have to be a deep threat he has to be someone to draw a extra eye from a defender and open up the other recivers and with Mitchell's " Moter Mouth" he will piss off defenders getting them angrey and trying really hard to maske sure he doesn't have a good game and will take the pressure and doubles off Smith and Lelie. Luke hasn't made a name for himself yet now I really like both Luke and Watts, but they will both need to have a few good games not to produce like Mitchell because he didn't produce, but to have the effect Mitchell has on defenders. Nate Sucks I saw him play wow a few good plays here and there and I wen't to three Broncos games last year and in those games combined his missed at 5 passes he should of caught or dropped and thats not counting the balls a GOOD reciver comes down with.
                      Nate dropped a few, Watts dropped a few. Lelie dropped a few in his rookie year, too. Rod Smith dropped so many as a rookie, it had me pounding on the floor (figuratively speaking . . . well, maybe not so figuratively). Rookies drop passes. You must judge in their rookie year how well they run routes and get open. Watts and Nate were both fantastic. This year, they must start catching balls, as Lelie did and Rod did long before.
                      Last edited by topscribe; 05-03-2005, 11:38 AM.

Comment

i dont want matt leinert. i want drew tate from io think hell be way better then leinert. but i do like plummer
                        Last edited by JkThSnake #16; 05-02-2005, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Sundquist in his lastest Q&A said that the team was more interested in developing the receivers we already have on the roster. Looking at Mitchell's stats no way would I care for him to be on the Broncos.
                          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

"Familiarity breeds contempt" but I say stick with the young guys we've got and give them the chance to flourish.

With regards to getting in someone from another team - I think we sometimes suffer from the syndrome "the grass is greener on the other side".

It often turns out that this is not the case and you are better with the devil you know.

Comment

no

Keep Freddie Mitchell as far away from Dove valley as possible. The Broncos have better to work with already...™
                              This space for rent

Comment

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by ChampBaliey24
                                The Broncos need a third string wide out or we are gonna fail. Darius Watts and Triandus Luke are liabilities and we do not have a QB to make them better. Watts has a problem with drops and Luke is a speedy reciver but dosen't ever see the field. I Liked Watts at the start of the season but my patience is growing. If we get Mitchell we will have a third reciver threat even if he has a bad attitude and will give us a threat we serious lacked last year and would cut down Plummer's INTs cause he would not have to force dumb throws and would relive pressure.

You've already grown impatient with D. Watts? It's been one year! If you are already impatient with Watts, I don't think Freddie Mitchel is going to be your answer...the guy has not done a thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X