Rod Gardner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Luminous
    OK, you convinced me, I'm down.....problem is, it won't happen now that we signed the GOAT...
    Well, you know, Shanny could offer Rod the same deal: make the team or not, and leave it in his hands. If Rod goes for it, then he is showing the self-confidence I would like to see on the team. If not . . . . well, so he turned down an offer, and we were no worse off than before.

(BTW, I'm not following you around. I'm just jumping threads, and you happen to be there.)

Comment

[QUOTE=Jack Luminous]
      Originally posted by topscribe
      Well, you know, Shanny could offer Rod the same deal: make the team or not, and leave it in his hands. If Rod goes for it, then he is showing the self-confidence I would like to see on the team. If not . . . . well, so he turned down an offer, and we were no worse off than before.

(BTW, I'm not following you around. I'm just jumping threads, and you happen to be there.)[/QUOTE

Gardner is a different animal.

A) He would have to be aquired. What would the Broncos be willing to send to Washington to get him? A third-rounder for a former first seems reasonable to me...

B) If you trade for him, that HAS to come with a contract extension, becuase I believe he is only a year removed from hitting Free Agency....how much Jack would this cost to get such an extension?

I like the idea of getting this guy if we can, though. He's always been pretty productive...
      Okay, so I should have gotten more sleep last night. Of course, you're right. But Gardner is one receiver I probably would not mind shipping a young one out for. Now Rice, that's a different story . . .

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
        Okay, so I should have gotten more sleep last night. Of course, you're right. But Gardner is one receiver I probably would not mind shipping a young one out for. Now Rice, that's a different story . . .

-----
        I think it is called EOS. The GOAT has arrived and put a spike in this thread.

Comment

Working...
        X