Duke's role

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke's role

I joined the board tonight to give you all my thoughts. I'm very excited to see if the Broncos sign Duke. The range of positions he could seemingly play is a nice feature. I would hate to be a Quarterback seeing this man (as a LB) blitzing me. Even worse would be a kick returner getting cracked by Duke as he catches the ball, and of course as his most expected role a TE.

Duke was a leader on the basketball floor, furious competitor, and energized til the end. Above all though, he's a class act. That's hard to come by now-a-days.

Best of luck to the Broncos this season, and I will be visiting the boards here and there.

Thanks for the info man... I'm also excited about having an athlete like Wesley Duke. It's going to help our redzone offense so much. Can't wait!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
      Thanks for the info man... I'm also excited about having an athlete like Wesley Duke. It's going to help our redzone offense so much. Can't wait!
      thats if he makes the roster and then start to learn to the position
      i can pretty much say if he makes the roster he wont play this year ... hes a basketball guy and will have to learn the position, if you look at antonio gates, he took a couple of years before making the impact he did last year
      Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
      http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

but having the same TE Coach that coached Gates now with the Broncos is really going to speed up that process I hope. I hope to see and am betting that we will see some of Duke if he signs for sure this year.

Comment

I think if he makes the roster he will be used on special teams to help him get used to football contact again. I have very high hopes for this kid and his future with the Broncos.
          BRONCOS fan is in my blood!
          IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/vannote/cutlersig.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

I cant wait to see this kid lay some fools out at the line of scrimmage during running plays!

Comment

Originally posted by HOLLYWOOD 33
              but having the same TE Coach that coached Gates now with the Broncos is really going to speed up that process I hope. I hope to see and am betting that we will see some of Duke if he signs for sure this year.

It still took Gates three years to develop into the player he is now.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by dbdom
                thats if he makes the roster and then start to learn to the position
                i can pretty much say if he makes the roster he wont play this year ... hes a basketball guy and will have to learn the position, if you look at antonio gates, he took a couple of years before making the impact he did last year
                Ya I think that too.

Comment

Ya Never Know!

I too expect alot of practice time for Duke before he can add anything to the Broncos. If he is that good of an athelete, then take the time to train him properly and let him loose on the league. One year of practice squad followed by at least one year in NFLEurope and they should know his potential and co from there. Don't expect miracles, but be hopeful that he is bright enough and tough enough to be useful.

Comment

Working...
                  X