No announcement yet.

peter boulware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, if he is willing to come in at a reasonable price, Boulware would be a fantastic addition...

Comment

Originally posted by DENVER BRONCO56
      he could play DE he did in college and he was very good at it...but i dont think we need a LB or DE
      I think he ends up in SanDiego.
      http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/ALELCOFJPHFH/112804gallery-sp10.jpg

Comment

I would bet he ends up on IR but not before costing the Chargers a good lump of change in signing bonus! To bad it was Mark Clayton or Dan Cody they released before even offering a contract!

Comment

I would rather see the broncos use that money on upgrading the WR, OL or a legit cover FS.

I'm not sure what the big interest is in LB's right now. Is it that there are some big names being released and people are excited at the possibilities or do people think we really need LB help? Just wondering.

Comment

If he were a DE and willing to play for peanuts, sure.

But, since I don't live in the land of whimsy............

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

This guy would be a huge addition for the Broncos. What was one of the Broncos biggest problems on defense last year? It was a lack of a pass rush. That is what this guy does. He is one of the best pass rushers in the league. From 1997-2003, before he got injured and missed the entire last season, he averaged 9.6 sacks a season. He never had less then seven.

Additionally he is a good pass rusher standing up or in a three point stance. He could play DE in the 4-3 and play rushbacker when you guys switch up to the 3-4. The Broncos don't really have a true rushbacker for their 3-4 defense right now. He could solve a lot of problems.

Comment

he's a real good player
                but he's what 31 now and has been injured too much
                and LB's is not really a position of need, so i think he wont be signed here
                Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
                http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

LB is not a need for us but i hope he doesn't come into our division.
                  BRONCOS fan is in my blood!
                  IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/vannote/cutlersig.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

First off, Boulware is a defensive end, and a damn good one. He would absolutely replace Ekuban and Pryce as our RDE as he is a 3 down player and quite capable against the pass dropping off in coverage.

He would also give us the flexibility to go to a 3-4 without gambling that Ekuban or Chukurah can pull it off.

Personally, I would try and sign him and cut Pryce. I'd keep Ekuban as insurance incase his knee acts up. But lets be clear, Boulware is a much more complete DE then either Ekuban or Pryce, so I will expect his cost to be extremely high. That and I don't see anyway that he doesn't end up as a DE in Seattle with his brother.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
                      I would say the need for a linebacker is very low, Williams, Wilson, Gold, Pierce, Sykes, Chukwurah and Burns, I would say were set. I would rather see us upgrade at wide receiver or at defensive tackle.

i agree i think maybe corey simion philly would be great. maybe give up one of our first round pick and sign him to a long term deal. then maybe pick up dave boston. i think well clear up about 2 mil after june 1 just a though
                      i think we could afford both of them

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                        First off, Boulware is a defensive end, and a damn good one. He would absolutely replace Ekuban and Pryce as our RDE as he is a 3 down player and quite capable against the pass dropping off in coverage.

He would also give us the flexibility to go to a 3-4 without gambling that Ekuban or Chukurah can pull it off.

Personally, I would try and sign him and cut Pryce. I'd keep Ekuban as insurance incase his knee acts up. But lets be clear, Boulware is a much more complete DE then either Ekuban or Pryce, so I will expect his cost to be extremely high. That and I don't see anyway that he doesn't end up as a DE in Seattle with his brother.
                        cincinnati are very interested in him
                        marvin lewis coached him in baltimore so that would be a good fit
                        Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
                        http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

Working...
                        X