Agent???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agent???

If you where a player in the NFL, who would you want as your agent? I would hire Drew Rosenhaus.
    Ultimate Thread Killer!!!

Sig above made by me!

Originally posted by defense!!!
    If you where a player in the NFL, who would you want as your agent? I would hire Drew Rosenhaus.
    Of course, he makes you think you're better than you really are and gets you more money or can ruin your career.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

I would either:

A ) Be my own agent

or

B ) Hire my brother to be my agent

I wouldnt want some stranger I dont know to be my agent.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by defense!!!
        Rosenhaus is a prick. I don't associate with pricks if I can help it.

There are other good agents out there. I'd pick one of them or represent myself like Ian Gold did.
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I'd go Ian Gold...

and be my own agent....sign for less.... but not haveta share my loot either...

Comment

I'd either be my own agent (with an attorney on present to help with language, etc.)

Or hire an attorney with a specialization in contract law on a fee for service or even hourly basis to reprsent me when needed.

But I would not have a full time agent.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

i would hire an attourney to help with all the legal jargon and contract details
              but i would do my own dealing because i absolutely do not see the use of a middle man

you are the player, the contract is going to you, so you should speak directly with the franchise, it doesnt let the contract talks get convuluted with the middle man and during the middle of a contract, there wouldnt need to be contact between player / franchise usually because you sign a contract, you honour it unless the franchise need to rework it or whatever, then its back to the negotiating table
              Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
              http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

Why pay someone who doesnt know you, when you could pay someone who knows you well, and knows your needs outside of money.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dbdom
                  i would hire an attourney to help with all the legal jargon and contract details
                  but i would do my own dealing because i absolutely do not see the use of a middle man

you are the player, the contract is going to you, so you should speak directly with the franchise, it doesnt let the contract talks get convuluted with the middle man and during the middle of a contract, there wouldnt need to be contact between player / franchise usually because you sign a contract, you honour it unless the franchise need to rework it or whatever, then its back to the negotiating table

Well, all that is true.

But I basically don't see the point in someone earning money off of my career.

Its one thing to earn money by flat charging for specific services or an hourly rate for service. I have no objections to that.

But why should I give you a set percentage of my salary? I only need your services once every few years.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                  You should check these guys out

Comment

well if i got drafted young id want to hire one for then just because i wouldnt know what to do with my new found fame. but after i got like my first contract id handle everything else myself

Comment

Working...
                    X