Get rid of Kanell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get rid of Kanell

we need to get rid of kanell. whether it be by just flat releasing him or by way of a trade if we are lucky enough to get a team like Seattle to give us a 7th rounder for him as a veteran backup. he just needs to go. it makes no sense for us to have 4 people battling for the backup position and to be honest he's probably the leased talented out of the 4....just my opinion

Made by Snk16

Man, why's everyone got so much hate for kannell? Seriously, i know he's not a star, but he's never done anything to deserve being run out of town like some people on here are trying to do.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
    ABWRFRC

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampion
      we need to get rid of kanell. whether it be by just flat releasing him or by way of a trade if we are lucky enough to get a team like Seattle to give us a 7th rounder for him as a veteran backup. he just needs to go. it makes no sense for us to have 4 people battling for the backup position and to be honest he's probably the leased talented out of the 4....just my opinion

Get rid of Kanell. Kanell. chuckles...........

Kanell hasn't done much really, I'd prefer BVP back there (BVP feel free to comment ) or Charlie.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
      2. Taxes
      3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Didn't Kanell give us awesome play against the Pats and Ravens!?
        Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by KnightOLB53
          Didn't Kanell give us awesome play against the Pats and Ravens!?

Ravens no Pats yes. I'm not even sure if that was him........ I think it was our RBs, D and WRs........I forget........I don't hate the guy but right now I don't really see much use for him...........

sigpic

1. Death
          2. Taxes

Comment

Yea i wouldnt blame him for the Pats but still.

In 5 games he played and the 2 game she started in 2003 here is his stats. He completed 53 of 103 passes (51.5%) for 442 yds. and two touchdowns, with five interceptions

Comment

Originally posted by KnightOLB53
              Yea i wouldnt blame him for the Pats but still.

In 5 games he played and the 2 game she started in 2003 here is his stats. He completed 53 of 103 passes (51.5%) for 442 yds. and two touchdowns, with five interceptions
              I don't know.......I don't see much use for him right now.......whatever, Shanny does what he wants.

sigpic

1. Death
              2. Taxes

Comment

Yeah i say just let one of the youngins get the job or something.

Comment

i don't hate the guy at all....i'm simply saying whats the point of having the guy stick around if we have 3 other guys who all probably have a greater amount of potential than him.

Made by Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampion
                    i don't hate the guy at all....i'm simply saying whats the point of having the guy stick around if we have 3 other guys who all probably have a greater amount of potential than him.
                    The key word there is potential, one is a rookie this year, the other two were rookies last year. They have potential, but not experience. Now I hate Kanell as much as the next guy, but he is the only one who has actually played in an NFL game during the regular season. personally I like Mauck as the Backup and I would have loved Adrain McPherson if we would have drafted him but we are stuck with what we got I say if Kanell gets cut it is not until after preseason and we have seen what we've got.

Comment

Originally posted by Dub-DeuceKnight
                      The key word there is potential, one is a rookie this year, the other two were rookies last year. They have potential, but not experience. Now I hate Kanell as much as the next guy, but he is the only one who has actually played in an NFL game during the regular season. personally I like Mauck as the Backup and I would have loved Adrain McPherson if we would have drafted him but we are stuck with what we got I say if Kanell gets cut it is not until after preseason and we have seen what we've got.
                      That's one of the more rational suggestions I have seen today. That's probably what they will do.

Comment

You won't find rational on this site.

Danny did an ok job for us in 2003 he was cut in TC, brought back when SB broke his finger and had all of 2 weeks to re-learn the sytem before putting up decent numbers against some really good D teams.

If memory serves correct he almost won the game against the PATS in BOS playing with the flu in bad weather.

He is the only one with real game exprience, has a decent arm. Knows the playbook, has played on other REAL Playoff teams NYG.

I see no reason to get rid of him until one of the ROOOKIEs has time in grade.
                        Will Danny lead us to the promised lands I don't think so but will he cost us a playoff berth while Jake is out for a couple of game? Probably not.

If we can aford to have a BU MLB set on teh bench behind Al don;t see anyreason we can't keep 3-4 QB's.

Jake Danny, new tall kid and Mauck. BVP better plan on learning a new position if he wants to stay a Bronco.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                          You won't find rational on this site.
                          Well, I found you, JR. And I found JWinn, Snk16, RC, Cugel, Lancane, Javalon, Amigo_Bronco, BBJ, and others. Is there rationale among you?

I see no reason to get rid of him until one of the ROOOKIEs has time in grade.
                          I believe that is what I was agreeing to. At least that's my impression. I really think Danny was thrown to the wolves under the worst of conditions when he was here and that he would do much, much better if he were needed again. Isn't that what you were saying?

Comment

I say trade Kanell for Mr. Irrelevant 2004 and trade Van Pelt for Mr. Irrelevant 2003, yep that sounds like a great trade Keep Mauck as a backup see if Friehauf has the stuff! If not we can trade Mauck next year for Mr. Irrelevant 2005 and get a veteran free agent backup and draft a quarterback in the 1st round!

And then we will be unstoppable!

Comment

Well now, Cane, you just showed me how obtuse I'm getting tonight and how I need to hit the sack.

Comment

Working...
                              X