Jason Cambell-The Real Deal????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Cambell-The Real Deal????

The Redskins could end up looking like geniuses!

From ESPN Pro Football Weekly Whispers:

One scout told PFW the Redskins appeared to have hit it big with first-round pick QB Jason Campbell, if the rare poise and performance he showed in his first minicamp is any indication. He said Campbell looked like "the next Doug Williams" and that "Joe Gibbs knew what he was getting (in Campbell)."

Originally posted by Denver724

One scout told PFW the Redskins appeared to have hit it big with first-round pick QB Jason Campbell, if the rare poise and performance he showed in his first minicamp is any indication. He said Campbell looked like "the next Doug Williams" and that "Joe Gibbs knew what he was getting (in Campbell)."
    Comparing him to Doug Williams doesn't say much. Williams had a decent, if unremarkable, career.

But plenty of rookies look good in passing camps. It's what they do when the real bullets are flying that matters.

Regardless, I think the Broncos would have been stupid to not make that trade. Hindsight is 20/20 but from this side of things, we definitely made out on the deal.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Broncos will roll him.
      Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

Gibbs is the man who insisted on keeping Brunell as the starter, I'm not too concerned what he thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
          The Redskins can’t the ocean standing on the beach.
          And Campbell couldn't throw the ball in the ocean standing on the beach.

Comment

minicamps are helmets, no pads, non-contact
            let's see him in pre-season when he'll get put on the floor and see how much poise he has then
            Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
            http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

Originally posted by Denver724

He said Campbell looked like "the next Doug Williams" and that "Joe Gibbs knew what he was getting (in Campbell)."
              That writer deserves very little credibility. He's obviously got race on his mind when making that comparison because not even their throwing styles are alike. Give me a break.
              Boss

Comment

I hope they start him this season! just imagine what pick we would get then! them playing with a rookie QB!
                sigpic

Comment

Even if Campbell is great in pre-season it would still have been a good trade for the broncs, we got more that we deserved for our loses in the draft. I dont care if Jason Campbell turns out to be the nexy Elway, we got what we wanted we have 2 first with better potential than this years draft. we will prevail and we will not look like idiots. atleast not in the next 3 years

Comment

Brian Greise looked good in passing camp as well, but lets see how he does whent he real bullets are fling, hopefully he does well but not his rookie season! I want a #1 pick next april!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X