Time to lay down the Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sharpey
    Let's sign Ty Law to play FS while we are at it...

Defense:

C. Bailey C. Brown G. Warren T. Pryce E. Ekuban L. Walls

I. Gold A. Wilson DJ Williams

J. Lynch T. Law
    Errrr. God please shoot me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
      Jr, you might want to learn what you're talking about before typing.

I'm by no means a Middlebrooks fan, but I refuse to let people miscast information. Willie played lights out last season as our nickel back. If you are trying to claim otherwise, you are flatout an idiot, an imbicile, or just not intelligent.

If you don't like the fellow, that's fine. But don't say he's a poor player when he played great. That just makes you look very ignorant.

I guess that depends on yur defintion of lights out. Mine is a whole out more than n what I stated before.

Perhaps your expectation level for a 1st round draft choice is a whole less than mine or the vast majority of the fans base on the board.

"His 24 tackles and one sack in 2004. Career numbers so sure.

2004: Middlebrooks, a former first-round draft choice, was enjoying his finest season as a pro in 2004 before being placed on injured reserve Dec. 17 with a lower right leg injury. In addition to 17 tackles (16 solo), one sack (-3 yds.) and one fumble recovery in 12 games, Middlebrooks recorded 10 pass breakups and 7 special teams tackles.

On a third-down blitz in the first quarter, he sacked quarterback Brad Johnson.

WOW got a sack on Brad."

Almost anyone could sack Brad Johnson one of the least mobile QB's in the league.
      So he had career numbers, what is listed above is hardly "lights out". If it is your expectations are out of pace for what this clown is making
      Player Base Salary Sign Bonus Other Bonus Total Salary Cap Value
      Middlebrooks $ 500,000 $ 0 $ 50,000 $ 550,000 $ 1,160,000 .

That is a joke for a nickle back that got 17 tackles, $68,235 per tackle not bad if you can find someone that is stupid enough to pay it. Whoops I forgot he got 7 ST tackles also now it is only $48,333 per tackle.

Again you might be happy with his "lights out" play but I'm not.

Think before you call names

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
        I guess that depends on yur defintion of lights out. Mine is a whole out more than n what I stated before.].
        It was the general consensus of the media, the team, and basically anyone who watched him play that he played "lights out" last season. There is a reason why folks who previously ridiculed him, suddenly began praising him. You seem to have turned a blind eye to this.

Perhaps your expectation level for a 1st round draft choice is a whole less than mine or the vast majority of the fans base on the board.].
        He is absolutely a bust for a 1st round pick that took 3 years to develop. That has nothing to do with him finally playing outstanding nickel back last season. He was superb as a nickel back before his injury. Superb.

As to the rest, you completely ignore the most important statistic for a defensive back and that is passes defended. Double digits for a nickel back is outstanding, especially in an injury shortened season.

There is a fine line between having an opinion and completely ignoring statistical facts. Judging Middlebrooks as a nickel back only, he passed last season with an A. You are attempting to judge him as a starting cornerback, and that is simply not fair.

Comment

I guess that depends on yur defintion of lights out. Mine is a whole out more than n what I stated before.

Perhaps your expectation level for a 1st round draft choice is a whole less than mine or the vast majority of the fans base on the board.

"His 24 tackles and one sack in 2004. Career numbers so sure.

2004: Middlebrooks, a former first-round draft choice, was enjoying his finest season as a pro in 2004 before being placed on injured reserve Dec. 17 with a lower right leg injury. In addition to 17 tackles (16 solo), one sack (-3 yds.) and one fumble recovery in 12 games, Middlebrooks recorded 10 pass breakups and 7 special teams tackles.

On a third-down blitz in the first quarter, he sacked quarterback Brad Johnson.

WOW got a sack on Brad."

Almost anyone could sack Brad Johnson one of the least mobile QB's in the league.
          So he had career numbers, what is listed above is hardly "lights out". If it is your expectations are out of pace for what this clown is making
          Player Base Salary Sign Bonus Other Bonus Total Salary Cap Value
          Middlebrooks $ 500,000 $ 0 $ 50,000 $ 550,000 $ 1,160,000 .

That is a joke for a nickle back that got 17 tackles, $68,235 per tackle not bad if you can find someone that is stupid enough to pay it. Whoops I forgot he got 7 ST tackles also now it is only $48,333 per tackle.

Again you might be happy with his "lights out" play but I'm not.

Think before you call names
          I agree, JR. For what Middlebrooks is costing against the cap, he had better have a breakout year. In other words, beat out Walls for starting CB. Otherwise, this expensive 1st round bust should be none other than gone. I'm sure several other CBs are there behind him who can get burned as well as he can.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
            I agree, JR. For what Middlebrooks is costing against the cap, he had better have a breakout year. In other words, beat out Walls for starting CB. Otherwise, this expensive 1st round bust should be none other than gone. I'm sure several other CBs are there behind him who can get burned as well as he can.

-----
            Thanks regadless of what MUG says middlebroke is never gonna a be a preimier CB in the NFL. Perhaps a serviceable backup/nickle type, but does not have the closing speed to cover effectively.

Perhaps he needs a change of scenery to improve. Perhaps there is a curse on drafted CB's in DEN.

MUG says lights out, I say loser. Time will tell. So he had 10 passes defended that is what he is supposed to do. He was in on passing situations. Do you really think they are gonna throw at Champ if this loser is in the game?

Here are some telling stats.

Acquired: Draft #1 (24th overall), 2001
            Pro Year: 4th
            Year with Broncos: 4th
            NFL Games Played/Started: 51/2 BTW there were 64 games in the those 4 years not counting palyoffs.
            Postseason: 0/0

2001: Middlebrooks played in eight games on special teams. He saw action in the first four games, was declared inactive for seven of the next eight.
            2002: Middlebrooks played on special teams in 15 games and led the Broncos with 16 special teams tackles
            2003: Middlebrooks played on special teams in all 16 games and ranked second on the team with 16 tackles
            2004: He made his first career start (three-cornerback package) vs. Hou. (11/7)
            Middlebrooks made his second career start at S.D. (12/5)He left Denver’s game vs. Mia. (12/12) in the second half to get an X-ray on his right leg.

Now I ask you MUG, is this what you really expect as production from all your #1 DAFT choices? Or is willie just special?

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...&contentID=736

Comment

Ignore . . .

Thanks regadless of what MUG says middlebroke is never gonna a be a preimier CB in the NFL. Perhaps a serviceable backup/nickle type, but does not have the closing speed to cover effectively.

Perhaps he needs a change of scenery to improve. Perhaps there is a curse on drafted CB's in DEN.

MUG says lights out, I say loser. Time will tell. So he had 10 passes defended that is what he is supposed to do. He was in on passing situations. Do you really think they are gonna throw at Champ if this loser is in the game?

Here are some telling stats.

Acquired: Draft #1 (24th overall), 2001
              Pro Year: 4th
              Year with Broncos: 4th
              NFL Games Played/Started: 51/2 BTW there were 64 games in the those 4 years not counting palyoffs.
              Postseason: 0/0

2001: Middlebrooks played in eight games on special teams. He saw action in the first four games, was declared inactive for seven of the next eight.
              2002: Middlebrooks played on special teams in 15 games and led the Broncos with 16 special teams tackles
              2003: Middlebrooks played on special teams in all 16 games and ranked second on the team with 16 tackles
              2004: He made his first career start (three-cornerback package) vs. Hou. (11/7)
              Middlebrooks made his second career start at S.D. (12/5)He left Denver’s game vs. Mia. (12/12) in the second half to get an X-ray on his right leg.

Now I ask you MUG, is this what you really expect as production from all your #1 DAFT choices? Or is willie just special?

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...&contentID=736
              I haven't the foggiest on what MUG says, if you know what I mean. Anyone who becomes hostile because I disagree with him, then doesn't want to come around when I try to reason with him, is through talking with me. Period.

-----

Comment

Working...
              X