Stewart?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stewart?!?!

Guys, everyone of u know that denver needs a decent back up QB. As of now we have none, so what do u guys think of us maybe trying to sign kordell stewart? Hes been a good player in the past and is certainly better then what we have at back up QB now. I say we sign him for some cheap money and let him prove he can play. This would be one of the best moves we have made this offseason. Let me know what u guys think.
    This is Denvers year to shine. Lets go Orange Crush!!!!!!

We could, but I think we have enough QB's at the moment, with Plummer, Van Pelt, Friehauf, Kanell, Mauck. We should release Kanell, then maybe I would be all for this. He would develop our team, and maybe teach the younger guys, ie. Van Pelt, Mauck, and Friehauf some more things. So for the moment, I think we should.

Last edited by _YoDa_; 06-06-2005, 08:44 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Comment

Sure

If its only for a couple games. He seems to play well fresh off the bench, but he always seemed to get figured out after 2 or 3 starts...™
      This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by _YoDa_
        We could, but I think we have enough QB's at the moment, with Plummer, Van Pelt, Friehauf, Kanell, Mauck. We should release Kanell, then maybe I would be all for this. He would develop our team, and maybe teach the younger guys, ie. Van Pelt, Mauck, and Friehauf some more things. So for the moment, I think we should.

I hope you dont consider any of those guys behind Jake realistic options. Stewart is a bum though.... I dont know who we could sign, is Jim Miller available?

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum
          I hope you dont consider any of those guys behind Jake realistic options. Stewart is a bum though.... I dont know who we could sign, is Jim Miller available?

Van Pelt may have a bright future.

Comment

Originally posted by _YoDa_
            Van Pelt may have a bright future.
            .....as a linebacker.

He has Jarious Jackson pt. 2 written all over him, sorry.

Comment

.....as a linebacker.

He could, but we'll just have to wait and see.

And as a Jarious Jackson supporter, I resent that.

Comment

Yes, Jim Miller is available. The Giants released him until he recovers his arm.
                Ultimate Thread Killer!!!

Sig above made by me!

Comment

But . . .

Originally posted by JohnElway#7
                  Guys, everyone of u know that denver needs a decent back up QB. As of now we have none, so what do u guys think of us maybe trying to sign kordell stewart? Hes been a good player in the past and is certainly better then what we have at back up QB now. I say we sign him for some cheap money and let him prove he can play. This would be one of the best moves we have made this offseason. Let me know what u guys think.
                  Do we really need at QB someone who should be a WR? I was a fan of Stewart's all during his college career for what he did for CU. As a pro, however, he couldn't throw the ball into the ocean if he were standing on the shoreline. What's the matter with Mauck? Did he break a leg or something? He is green, but I get the impression he is decent.

-----

Comment

I hope you dont consider any of those guys behind Jake realistic options.
                    Why don't you?

----

Comment

i would love for us to pick him up as a backup! he would do very well in our system if plummer gets hurt or something i wouldnt worry as much! but i would love it if it was Plummer, Stewart, Friehauf! i like van pelt but i think Friehauf will do very well in our system too if needed! Plus Stewart is also that extra WR if we need him lol! we are still pretty thin there.
                      sigpic

Comment

Did you mean to post this a few years ago?????

I can't believe all the local college fans have come out to play again. It seems like every couple of weeks we get a thread on bringing in Kordell and other threads on the joke that is the career or BVP.

Neither is a viable backup. Kordell is a baby with a ton of skills and a fragile ego that will break the first time someone calls him a name or picks off a pass. He should have switched permanantly to WR a long time ago but the fact that he didn't, given his situation, should give you some idea as to whether he puts the team or his ego first. The last thing we want is a ego ridden fragile baby on the field. I would throw up the first time he broke down and cried because he didn't get on the field enough or the first time a WR questioned where he was trying to throw that last pick.

BVP is slow and horribly inaccurate. Not only is he slow for a QB; he is slow for a LB. Heck there are tons of DEs that are faster. All we need is a DT running down our QB in the open field. This wouldnt be so bad other than the fact that he doesn't have the accuracy needed to be a pocket passer. He is a decent character guy but the skills are just too short and he will not make it to the field.

Locals at some point you have to recognize that these guys were good college guys and they just don't belong on the field. I am surprised that you didn't add some of the Crush to the list. I know alot of you think they should be on the field.

Are we trying to build a solid NFL team or a crappy relic of your college football memories. I would prefer that we not get them confused by people that are blinded by the light or at least fail to recognize the talent required to make it in the NFL.

Comment

I hope you dont consider any of those guys behind Jake realistic options.
                          So what, exactly, is wrong with Kanell, praytell?

He looked like a #1qb last year in preseason. And didn't do that bad the previous year, with no camp.

He's better than alot of backups out there......
                          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
                            Did you mean to post this a few years ago?????

I can't believe all the local college fans have come out to play again. It seems like every couple of weeks we get a thread on bringing in Kordell and other threads on the joke that is the career or BVP.

Neither is a viable backup. Kordell is a baby with a ton of skills and a fragile ego that will break the first time someone calls him a name or picks off a pass. He should have switched permanantly to WR a long time ago but the fact that he didn't, given his situation, should give you some idea as to whether he puts the team or his ego first. The last thing we want is a ego ridden fragile baby on the field. I would throw up the first time he broke down and cried because he didn't get on the field enough or the first time a WR questioned where he was trying to throw that last pick.

BVP is slow and horribly inaccurate. Not only is he slow for a QB; he is slow for a LB. Heck there are tons of DEs that are faster. All we need is a DT running down our QB in the open field. This wouldnt be so bad other than the fact that he doesn't have the accuracy needed to be a pocket passer. He is a decent character guy but the skills are just too short and he will not make it to the field.

Locals at some point you have to recognize that these guys were good college guys and they just don't belong on the field. I am surprised that you didn't add some of the Crush to the list. I know alot of you think they should be on the field.

Are we trying to build a solid NFL team or a crappy relic of your college football memories. I would prefer that we not get them confused by people that are blinded by the light or at least fail to recognize the talent required to make it in the NFL.
                            I am a CSU fan; therefore I was a HUGE BVP fan. He did well at his position in college, and he also was a good kid. I also was a Kordell fan because he played for CU when CSU was particularly down, and CU was a power. (My alma mater, Northern Colorado, wasn't so hot back then, either.) In other words, SOMEBODY from Colorado was making a splash on the national scene.

College fan or not, I am also a realist, or I try to be. And, realistically, neither is a QB of professional caliber. Sorry, but it is what it is. They ought to find out whether Mauck will be content to spend his career at second string because that is all he will ever be. If he is, get rid of Kanell because Mauck has a more accurate arm, is more mobile, and is younger. I believe he can handle a game or two if called upon; he was a very good leader at LSU and came out of college older and more mature than the average rookie. Also, they should keep Friehauf as the 3rd string "project" until he proves whether or not he will fulfill his gargantuan upside.

And forget about all the retreads that are available out there. We need experienced depth at offensive guard and maybe one more at defensive tackle. They must concentrate on where the needs really are.

IMHO.

-----

Comment

.....as a linebacker.

They were moving him to a saftey.......

Comment

Working...
                              X