Like really really early mock drafts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like really really early mock drafts?

I know i do! Check this one out, I would be thrilled beyond words if it went like this. Assuming they have good seasons and all that of course...

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
    ABWRFRC

i think we would take Mathias Kiwanuka and Max Jean Geiles if that was the way it worked out. but what we would get with that mock would be great too

Made by Snk16

Comment

Its nice to see us picking up D Linemen in the draft, but we all know that it wont happen in the Shannahan era

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum
        Its nice to see us picking up D Linemen in the draft, but we all know that it wont happen in the Shannahan era
        I hate that you're right.

ABWRFRC

Comment

I'll try and scrap some up on some of the forums (other than this) I post on.

About Max Jean-Gilles, he's not a Broncos type lineman. It'd be hard to imagine us having a 6'4 - 340 pound + guard.

A lot of the drafts are similar. I think my presence of drilling either offensive/defensive line into their heads has worked out. A lot of people have us taking Darnell Bing, S and Martin Nance, WR. I wouldn't mind either of those picks as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncology
            I'll try and scrap some up on some of the forums (other than this) I post on.

About Max Jean-Gilles, he's not a Broncos type lineman. It'd be hard to imagine us having a 6'4 - 340 pound + guard.

A lot of the drafts are similar. I think my presence of drilling either offensive/defensive line into their heads has worked out. A lot of people have us taking Darnell Bing, S and Martin Nance, WR. I wouldn't mind either of those picks as well.
            I was about to post a similar comment to this regardingMax Jean-Gilles. Before you bring up Foster, keep in mind that he is a rare athlete, running a 5.05 at 335 lbs. I'd be suprised to see Jean-Gilles crack 5.4 after watching him play. Max will be a uality player for someone else, but I think he will be a better college player than a pro one, because solely wide bodies have better success in school than in the pros. Edwin Mulitalo is the ceiling for guys like this, but he has as good a chance of being the next Aaron Gibson.

I know Nance is a popular name at wide out, and deservedly so, but he will have to answer the injury question and prove is highly reported athleticism at the combine. If he can do both, he would be the perfect combination of production and athleticism, with a game similar to Jerry Porter, but more upside. I still think some player toiling in unrealized expectations will have a big year and push his way to the top of the receivers list, perhaps Demeterius Williams of Oregon. There is still a lot to be sifted through.

*Draft Aside* As of now, I'm elbows deep in MLB draft coverage and information, hoping the Rockies can continue to nail these high picks as they have done the last three years. Of course, O'Dowd will find a way or "come up with a new plan" to mess up a good thing going in the low minors. If you are a Rockie fan, hope for Hochevar tomorrow, he has the stuff to complement Francis in the rotation nicely. Hey, a draft is a draft is a draft...

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
              I was about to post a similar comment to this regardingMax Jean-Gilles. Before you bring up Foster, keep in mind that he is a rare athlete, running a 5.05 at 335 lbs. I'd be suprised to see Jean-Gilles crack 5.4 after watching him play. Max will be a uality player for someone else, but I think he will be a better college player than a pro one, because solely wide bodies have better success in school than in the pros. Edwin Mulitalo is the ceiling for guys like this, but he has as good a chance of being the next Aaron Gibson.

I know Nance is a popular name at wide out, and deservedly so, but he will have to answer the injury question and prove is highly reported athleticism at the combine. If he can do both, he would be the perfect combination of production and athleticism, with a game similar to Jerry Porter, but more upside. I still think some player toiling in unrealized expectations will have a big year and push his way to the top of the receivers list, perhaps Demeterius Williams of Oregon. There is still a lot to be sifted through.

*Draft Aside* As of now, I'm elbows deep in MLB draft coverage and information, hoping the Rockies can continue to nail these high picks as they have done the last three years. Of course, O'Dowd will find a way or "come up with a new plan" to mess up a good thing going in the low minors. If you are a Rockie fan, hope for Hochevar tomorrow, he has the stuff to complement Francis in the rotation nicely. Hey, a draft is a draft is a draft...
              Yes, I based my answer partly on how Elton Brown (G-Virginia) had a grade of a second rounder atleast in my books, but slipped down to the early fourth where the Cardinal's pick him up. His 6'5 - 340 pound frame that ran a 5.35-5.40 wasn't appealing to many teams. I seriously doubt that the guy will play guard at his weight and will probably be force to drop fifteen to twenty pounds.

I agree with you on Nance but I also think that Demetrius has to prove his health as well. I'm not too familiar with him, but he missed 13 games his freshman year? Was he injured or did he just not get the chance to play? I know he missed three games last year but I do think he is a guy that can go up the draft boards with another solid year.

Comment

Vince Young > Orien Harris
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                  Vince Young > Orien Harris
                  Vince Young? Pfft, he has a great arm -- maybe he should use it sometime.

Comment

I don't like that draft. Mainly because it is more of the same. The Browns I highly doubt will have that bad a season. The team has come a long way since last year. In all reality I see the Browns not having the 2nd pick in the draft. But more around 11th or 12th.
                    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgfan
                      I don't like that draft. Mainly because it is more of the same. The Browns I highly doubt will have that bad a season. The team has come a long way since last year. In all reality I see the Browns not having the 2nd pick in the draft. But more around 11th or 12th.
                      Yeah, at first i thought they were just using the draft order from last year, they really didn't change it much did they?

ABWRFRC

Comment

Tampa Bay will be choosing later than 2, Dallas will be choosing later than 10. And does anyone really think that D'Brickshaw Ferguson will be the number 1 overall pick?

Leinart will go first. If a team that already has someone they consider to be their long term solution at QB they will trade out of the No.1 pick no question.

Comment

Originally posted by bmcl2343
                          Tampa Bay will be choosing later than 2, Dallas will be choosing later than 10. And does anyone really think that D'Brickshaw Ferguson will be the number 1 overall pick?

Leinart will go first. If a team that already has someone they consider to be their long term solution at QB they will trade out of the No.1 pick no question.
                          Exactly. I could see any of the other teams in the top 5 trading up for Leinart. The problem for the 49ers is that Omar Jacobs is also a top 5 quarterback, and teams may also feel secure in staying where they are and taking him. I think it's pretty likely that the 49ers would go after Ferguson, though. They need to improve that crappy offensive line around Alex Smith.

I like the defensive line picks, but I'm sure Shanahan will go for a cornerback, wide receiver, or linebacker for no apparent reason. I could completely envision him taking Reggie Bush. And no doubt that whoever he drafts will be a reach.
                          A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
                            Exactly. I could see any of the other teams in the top 5 trading up for Leinart. The problem for the 49ers is that Omar Jacobs is also a top 5 quarterback, and teams may also feel secure in staying where they are and taking him. I think it's pretty likely that the 49ers would go after Ferguson, though. They need to improve that crappy offensive line around Alex Smith.

I like the defensive line picks, but I'm sure Shanahan will go for a cornerback, wide receiver, or linebacker for no apparent reason. I could completely envision him taking Reggie Bush. And no doubt that whoever he drafts will be a reach.
                            Reggie bush is exactly the kind of "cheeky" pick shanny likes to make eh? Man, i hate that.

ABWRFRC

Comment

Working...
                            X