Does anyone smell big trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone smell big trade?

We have a Tatum Bell, a great running back with a 4.2 speed and possibly a future Clinton Portis?
    We have a Maurice Clarett, a nice project in the works who might surprise alot of people and turn heads with in the next two years!
    We have a Ron Dayne, who in Denvers system might manupulate alot of teams to trade big!
    We only need one great RB and two reliable backups, so with our 2 first round picks, I can see Shanny getting almost anything he wants, done next season! I luv Jake Plummer but lets hope we see a Matt Leinhart learning under him and possibly starting for us with in the next few years!

I don't know. Would be great getting a franchise player without having to hit the bottom, but I don't know, there are many things that could prevent that.

First, the DLine. I think that if the team has a good season, will be able to keep most of the Browncos, but (and I'm going to borrow this argument from Cugel) keeping them could be extremely expensive. So, depending how things work out in the DL, and who stays, drafting DL could be a need next draft.

Second potential problem: CB. Walls will be a free agent, and will want a lot of money. If the younger CBs are not good enough....

Third: LT. Lepsis is also becoming a free agent. I don't know, maybe Foster could move to the left and Clement play RT, or a younger player, like Clabo (I think that he can play T), but drafting a LT could also be a need.

Plus, to sign a first pick, you need a lot of cap space, so even if there aren't many needs to fill with the draft, paying everybody could make difficult having the top pick. And of course, a little bit of luck would be necessary, what if the team with the worst record needs badly a franchise QB?

But, that's an interesting thread.

Comment

There will be no trade reguarding our RB's.

RB is the easiest position to fill in the game nowadays, and teams know that every RB excels in Denver, and that's not a suprise anyumore.

Washington seems to be on their way back up, and alot of analysts are predicting they will contend for a wildcard spot.

2 first round picks will be nice next year, but I don't think we will have any picks in the top 15, let alone top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
        There will be no trade reguarding our RB's.

RB is the easiest position to fill in the game nowadays, and teams know that every RB excels in Denver, and that's not a suprise anyumore.

Washington seems to be on their way back up, and alot of analysts are predicting they will contend for a wildcard spot.

2 first round picks will be nice next year, but I don't think we will have any picks in the top 15, let alone top 10.
        I live in the DC area, and watch the Skins every week. Every year, they are supposed to win, but they always suck. I don't see any differences this year.
        My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

i don't want leinart. he would cost way way to much money to sign him because of all the publicity he gets, and he is immobile. we don't need a Michael Vick to run our offense, but we need someone mobile enough to get out of the pocket.

Made by Snk16

Comment

With 2 first rd picks we have we can do about what we want. If there was someone that we couldn't live with out, we could trade up (1 late 1st and a 2nd rd pick) should get you a top 5 pick.

Assuming Washington finishes in the middle and we have a good year we should have 2 good value picks mid to late first round. This way we have 2 chances to get an impact player rather than putting it all on one pick, and should be easier to sign than a top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeTime
              We have a Tatum Bell, a great running back with a 4.2 speed and possibly a future Clinton Portis?
              We have a Maurice Clarett, a nice project in the works who might surprise alot of people and turn heads with in the next two years!
              We have a Ron Dayne, who in Denvers system might manupulate alot of teams to trade big!
              We only need one great RB and two reliable backups, so with our 2 first round picks, I can see Shanny getting almost anything he wants, done next season! I luv Jake Plummer but lets hope we see a Matt Leinhart learning under him and possibly starting for us with in the next few years!
              All I smell is my hamburger. lol jk

I highly doubt that we'll trade a RB again. We have a enough QBs and Jake can handle it. If we don't resign Lepsis, we'll draft a T with 1 of our first rounders and probably a DE if Brown doesn't stay healthy. If he does, we might draft a RB if none of our current ones live up 2 expectations which I doubt. And if they do, lol, we might draft a WR or TE. IDK.
              Ultimate Thread Killer!!!

Sig above made by me!

Comment

Originally posted by defense!!!
                All I smell is my hamburger. lol jk

I highly doubt that we'll trade a RB again. We have a enough QBs and Jake can handle it. If we don't resign Lepsis, we'll draft a T with 1 of our first rounders and probably a DE if Brown doesn't stay healthy. If he does, we might draft a RB if none of our current ones live up 2 expectations which I doubt. And if they do, lol, we might draft a WR or TE. IDK.
                I just put whatever. I'm too tired.
                Ultimate Thread Killer!!!

Sig above made by me!

Comment

None of our running backs have proved to be the key in a "big trade". Maybe after this season, but right now we'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeTime

I think you have made a pretty good analysis of our needs barring injury.

I don't see the need for lienhart. As Jake has 4-6 more years in him. The browns and WAS already have good running backs and they seem to be the only ones stupid enough to Trade with Mikey.
                    Last edited by Jrhampton; 06-11-2005, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                      I think you have made a pretty good analysis of our needs barring injury.

I don't see the need for lienhart. As Jake has 4-6 more years in him. The browns and WAS already have good running backs and they seem to be the only ones stupid enough to Trade with Mikey.
                      Oh, I'm sure if there are any other stupid FOs in the league, Shanny will find them.

Actually, a trade involving a RB at this time would be silly. MA is the only proven quantity back there. Others have had a good game here and there, but not yet a good 16 game season. MA has. Dayne is the only other experienced pro--experienced at avoiding contact.

IMHO.

-----

Comment

If any trade is gunna happen, its gunna be us dumping some crappy back on the redskins lap.

Comment

For another first round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthecrap
                            For another first round pick.
                            We're talking about our RBs. Not LaDainian Tomlinson.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                              We're talking about our RBs. Not LaDainian Tomlinson.

-----
                              The redskins have prooved they cant tell the diference(i think thats how you spell it) look at portis.
                              Mr.Burns- Why Smithers doesnt even know the meaning of the word gay...

Homer: [drunk] Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him.

Homer: I was raised on TV....and i turned out TV

Comment

Working...
                              X