Maybe Vince Young at QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe Vince Young at QB

What do you think of a guy like Vince Young from Texas at QB in our system. I believe if we do go quarterback in next years draft Leinert is out the question to costly, but Young will be thier around the 8th thru 12th pick that we will get from washington. Just a thought what do you think

Name: Vince Young
    Height: 6-5
    Weight: 225
    Position: QB
    Class/Draft Year: Jr/2007
    40 Time:N/A
    College: Texas
    Projected Round: 1

Physically, he has everything.

He became better as a passer late last season. If that continues, then yes, he may be worth a chance.

But he may not do so.

He won't be a first rounder unless he simply is amazing this year.

Provided he even comes out after thsi year, since he is going into his junior year.

Maybe in 2 years, he will be first round material. Who knows?

However, given the number of one year contracts on the DL, I think that it will still be an area of concern going into next off season.
    Last edited by Jared; 06-11-2005, 10:32 PM.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS4LIFE8
      What do you think of a guy like Vince Young from Texas at QB in our system. I believe if we do go quarterback in next years draft Leinert is out the question to costly, but Young will be thier around the 8th thru 12th pick that we will get from washington. Just a thought what do you think
      I hope we are looking at wide receivers with our best first round pick next year. Especially since Smith is currently 35 years old. I think we could wait on a QB till 2nd-3rd round, that is unless one of our current guys steps up to be Jacks everyday backup. Still...thats a long way off.

Comment

i personally love vince young, but he will not be a top 20 pick next year. Hes not that great of a passer, and will prob be a 2nd rounder. !st Rnd i say we get the best overall player thats available

Comment

I personally don't think Young will even be playing QB in the NFL.

Akili Smith syndrome has shown to be incompetent in the NFL over and over.

Comment

We should have snagged Andrew Walter this year if we wanted a QB. =p

Comment

Anyone who can run all over my Michigan D at the Rose Bowl, deserves a spot on the Denver Bronco roster!

BRING HIM IN SHANNY!
              sigpic

Comment

I like the boy from Boise State, Zabrosky or something of that nature. Watched him in the bowl game last year and loved his intensity. Wonder where he's projected.

Comment

If he comes out i want us to draft Drew Tate. I think he fit our system Great .

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
                    We should have snagged Andrew Walter this year if we wanted a QB. =p
                    Andrew Walter has no mobility whatsoever. He's like Jason White.

Made by Snk16

Comment

vince young
                      thats like the second coming of mike vick
                      someone who cant throw the ball but runs for a lot of yards scrambling, but hold on, isnt it the QB's job to toss the ball and let the RB pound the rock?

so all in all, my answer is definitely no
                      he'll no doubt be a first rounder come draft time because he'll be a "franchise QB" some team is looking for but in denver we look for mobility in a QB to buy time, not mobility so he can scramble for 100 yards in a game but cant throw the ball
                      Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
                      http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

At this point in his career, Vince Young is simply a runner, not a quarterback. His intermediate throws are often off line and he lacks touch on the deep ball. My guess is he will need all of his last two years of school develop those traits, if he has them in him to begin with.

If you want a junior to get excited about, look at Omar Jacobs and Tyler Palko, two quarterbacks that can run if they need to, but have better arms than feet, something you look for in quarterback, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Almost Heaven
                          I like the boy from Boise State, Zabrosky or something of that nature. Watched him in the bowl game last year and loved his intensity. Wonder where he's projected.
                          This year will be the big step for Zabransky. He has the skills, throws it 70 yards and can run. I think he needs to work on his accuracy at times. He will always have the small school concern but he will get drafted and probably early first day if his workouts go well. He will be a junior this year and it could be a breakout for him.

Comment

If we want a quarter back, we should have gone for Stefan Lefors. He has all the skills to make it to the NFL. Just needs to work on his accuracy a little.

Comment

duh

I seen this guy in the Rose Bowl and I don't think he has the attributes to be a stellar NFL quarterback. He will be another Akili Smith.
                              Champ Bailey

Comment

Working...
                              X