Reggie Tongue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggie Tongue

He was released from the Jets earlier. And we may need someone at safety, do you think we should give this guy a shot? Be aside of Lynch this season?

He's 10 years pro, could mentor LeSueur and all the younger safeties and help John out.

I, for one, think we should get him.
    sigpic

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    He was released from the Jets earlier. And we may need someone at safety, do you think we should give this guy a shot? Be aside of Lynch this season?

He's 10 years pro, could mentor LeSueur and all the younger safeties and help John out.

He was born and raised in Alaska, I'll have you all know..

Comment

Do we have to go after every free agent?
      Ultimate Thread Killer!!!

Sig above made by me!

Comment

Originally posted by defense!!!
        Apparently so, this garbage is driving me batty.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
        ABWRFRC

Comment

Originally posted by PRBronco
          Apparently so, this garbage is driving me batty.
          What garbage you referring to? Brown, Ekuban, Myers, Burns, Gold, Spikes, Alexander, or Clement?

-----

Comment

i like tongue, but there is no need for him here. If he comes in just to mentor that would be a waste of money caz we already got lynch and i think everone way underestimates fergy. Nick played real well in all the opportunities hes gotten. And the other "trash" players we got, could be future all pros to let you know.

Comment

I think the Broncos roster is set for the year, unless something unexpected happens.

Shanahan isn't going to trade for anyone else, nor is there room under the cap to add veteran FAs to the roster. At this point, what you see is what you get -- warts and all.

While there remain weaknesses both at backup QB and backup CB, we'll just have to live with it and hope for an injury free season!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                I think the Broncos roster is set for the year, unless something unexpected happens.

Shanahan isn't going to trade for anyone else, nor is there room under the cap to add veteran FAs to the roster. At this point, what you see is what you get -- warts and all.

While there remain weaknesses both at backup QB and backup CB, we'll just have to live with it and hope for an injury free season!
                It would be awfully difficult signing a CB worth his salt, according to my perception. If he is good, he stays. Not too many get cut for cap room, not with a league-wide dearth of them as is is. For that same reason, we do not have enough cap room of our own to go after a negotiating FA. So it looks as if we're stuck there for now.

Quarterback may be a different story. I am not comfortable with Kanell at all. If we could get a Couch or someone such as he in here, that may help to secure the position. I would be tempted to just clear house, except for Plummer, of course, and Friehauf, and get someone else for #2.

What do you think?

-----

Comment

No?

Maybe we should post things we hear on sportcenter, rather than our own opinions. Just like you.
                  sigpic

Comment

You do it. Sort of. You post a lot of things on free agency, so when someone else does it there's a problem? Are you the "Official Free Agency Ticker?" No.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                    2. Taxes
                    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

No?

Maybe we should post things we here on sportcenter, rather than our own opinions. Just like you.
                      That was his opinion, friend.
                      You think that might be a bit over the top?

-----

Comment

Top i gotta disagree. Kannell is a very reliable back up. Not a starter, but he can be an ok fill in for a few games. Mauck and BVP have proven nothing and wouldnt be reliable at all. And Couch??? what?? he is not a good qb, and should not be on any roster when the season starts

Comment

Well . . .

Originally posted by ludo
                          Top i gotta disagree. Kannell is a very reliable back up. Not a starter, but he can be an ok fill in for a few games. Mauck and BVP have proven nothing and wouldnt be reliable at all. And Couch??? what?? he is not a good qb, and should not be on any roster when the season starts
                          Kanell could probably capably stand in for a game or two, but do you have confidence in him over half a season?
                          That's my thinking, for what it's worth.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel

I can see backup QB be handled (or attempt) during training camp, with a run of the mill QB, or perhaps Tim Couch (honestly, he could be no worse than Kanell, nd would be just as cheap).

CB will not be addressed, nor should it be. The depth at this position could become a strength, if Middlebrooks builds on glimpes of light from last season, and one of three rookies proves capable of holding down a nickel or dime role. CB will be settled through increased reps and experience, but QB likely will see one more combatant before the season starts.

Comment

Working...
                            X