Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• topscribe
    replied
    I don't know if this has been posted, but there is a pretty good piece about it at ESPN.com here.
    It is quite a long page, and you will need to go about 2/3 the way down to find it.

-----

Leave a comment:

• muse
    replied
    Well, we're stacked at CB.

Starting: Champ, Lenny
    Nickel: Roc

And then we've got a whole horde of rookie CBs. OUr first three draft picks are healthy, speed demons and obviously Shanny and Coyer have seen enough of them to warrant unloading Willie who has had too many health problems. He could've made it at safety IMO but we have 5 decent safeties. So in the end there's no room...I guess Shanny wants as many D-linemen as he possibly can have for preseason, because it is the key area this year in particular.

Leave a comment:

• Broncosinindy
    replied
    the denver rotation on the line will be great brown and engleberger are speed guys that get to the qb along with Ebenzer well be able to keep fresh guys that can get to the qb this is making the loss of hawyard a distant memory ... although trading middlebrooks could end up hurting them .being that it was the other questionable roster spot i think the deffensive line should help make up for it ...but i am with yall with the wait and see

Leave a comment:

• eabort
    replied
    I agree with you Amigo Bronco about waiting to see how things shape up. A lot of people thought we needed another DL in the draft and now the staff bring in a Vet instead of drafting one. Will just have to wait to see how wise this was. Like most offseason moves.

Leave a comment:

• Amigo_Bronco
    replied
    Well

Why did they do that? Here's a list of possible reasons:

- Simply, Shanahan had enough of Middlebrooks, saw a trade opportunity where he considers is getting overall a gain in worth, no matter position.

- This could say something about how Pryce, Brown and Ekuban are doing with their injuries. Maybe it's insurance, and the price of the insurance policy is Middlebrooks.

- The other CBs showed good things: Williams, Paymah, Foxworth, Alexander, Shoate probably are perceived as competent replacements (actually, I have a good feeling for Alexander).

- Health concerns with Middlebrooks.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think that he's here for insurance. I would like to think that it's the first cause. Anyway, let's wait and see.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Originally posted by Perry1977
    Sigh. You watch, Middlebrooks will go to the 49ers and have a stellar season. I really don't like this move. Maybe I'll warm up to it.
    Prolly will........ *o'neal, buckley, james* I dont like it at all.

Leave a comment:

• MoFo_JoRo
    replied
    Originally posted by NOR*CAL BRONCO
    Over here in Winer nation local sports stations seem to think the Broncos got the better of this trade.

Thats cuz Middlebrooks in injury prone, plus we have so much depth at cb, (young) but if we are to keep most of them, we need to dump off old baggage, plus he was costin a lot for how crappy he was

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by NOR*CAL BRONCO
    Over here in Winer nation local sports stations seem to think the Broncos got the better of this trade.
    Shanny usually does.

-----

Leave a comment:

• OrangeShadow
    replied
    Id still love to get law to play FS but hed cost to much

Leave a comment:

• Adrenaline
    replied
    Originally posted by OrangeShadow
    are we going to get someone to replace middlebrooks?
    Is there any decent Vet CB's in FA?

Leave a comment:

• OrangeShadow
    replied
    are we going to get someone to replace middlebrooks?

Leave a comment:

• TDforTatum26
    replied
    I was looking forward to Middlebrooks season to.

he has looked like a good corner but injuries have slowed him down havent they?

and why the heck do we need another DL. he wont even start.

Leave a comment:

• Superchop7
    replied
    Hmmmm

Ummm, he was a second rounder....

Pro's;
    Should be a solid backup, has played either side, can create turnovers.

Alot of teams are headed 3-4, grabbing the 4-3 talent makes sense.

A solid d-line is how you play the cb rule change, if we plan to groom our youth this year, it was a sensible trade,

Con's
    but........we rarely play our youth so this is probably going to end up a WTF instead.............also it should be noted that the Bronco's stated that they didn't want to draft any d-line because of the abundance of players at the position.....then they add another body?

Leave a comment:

• NOR*CAL BRONCO
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OrangeShadow
    replied
    I was looking forward to middlebrooks season

Leave a comment:

Working...
X