Brady and Co. get no respect!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
    With their defense, I give the Jags a good shot too. They have a defense that can hold the colts to 21-24 points. The only question is whether they can put up that many points themselves. Honestly though, when I watched the teams play in the latter half of the season, the Jags imploded. It wasn't Indy that beat them, it was Jacksonville, so presuming that they don't blow their opportunity, I give them a very good shot to take out Indy.
    Good points,,but I worry about the Jags QB,,are they really going to start a QB that has not played in 6 weeks against the Pats at home??seems like the end to me...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BANJOPICKER1
      Good points,,but I worry about the Jags QB,,are they really going to start a QB that has not played in 6 weeks against the Pats at home??seems like the end to me...
      That's also my main concern. Brady has the experience, but their D is suspect. Jax has a good D, but thier QB is suspect.

Though Jax has a good run game-and Indy has shown they are suseptible to the run-they may be able to run and just pass enough to keep Peyton and Co off the field. Major key to beating Indy.

That's also a reason I think we could beat Indy. Our run game. I would just prefer the AFC Championship game in our house. Like our chances there a lot better than RCA dome.
      sigpic
      Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
      -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN
        That's also my main concern. Brady has the experience, but their D is suspect. Jax has a good D, but thier QB is suspect.

Though Jax has a good run game-and Indy has shown they are suseptible to the run-they may be able to run and just pass enough to keep Peyton and Co off the field. Major key to beating Indy.

That's also a reason I think we could beat Indy. Our run game. I would just prefer the AFC Championship game in our house. Like our chances there a lot better than RCA dome.
        On one of the posts today,I read we are #1 in the NFL on the time we have the ball,,something like 34 minutes 37 seconds.I think that is going to be a major factor if we play them,like you said,keeping the ball out of their hands...
        sigpic

Comment

On one of the posts today,I read we are #1 in the NFL on the time we have the ball,,something like 34 minutes 37 seconds.I think that is going to be a major factor if we play them,like you said,keeping the ball out of their hands...
          wow! thats a heck of a stat! I remember a couple of years ago when we played Indy in the regular season, we kept the ball for something like 44 minutes. But almost 35 minutes is good, too
          sigpic
          Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
          -Sean Payton

Comment

I think Houston gets less respect than New England.
            Bronco fan from Packer Land.
            Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
            Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

But their defense is banged up, that is part of the problem. Their defense will keep them in the game, but only for so long. Add in the cold weather and Foxboro magic...it will be tough for them to pull off the upset.

NE can be beaten through the air. Their secondary is weak. Unfortunately for Jax their passing offense is not good enough to take advantage of that. Unfortunately for NE, Denver's is.
              Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
                Naw, The Browns do. They get the least respect in the league.
                The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Well, cold weather does tend to favor defensive football teams that run the ball decently and that's what the Jags are.

I would expect for the typical home field advantage to help New England, but they shouldn't be hurt by cold weather.

Oh and the Texans did beat the Browns.

Even if the Browns shut out Miami, they have earned their disrespect to a degree.

At the same time, I honestly think that they have a future and are a team on the rise.
                  Last edited by Archimedes Owl; 01-05-2006, 02:04 PM.
                  My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                  . Post Your Artwork .
                  . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

brady is a whiny little girl, hes been spoiled in his frist 4 seasons and has no idea the downfall hes in for. He pissed and moaned about Schottenheimer(SP) after the san diego game earlier this year and now hes whining again. Heres an idea you ****ing girl, get off your high horse and quit your *****in. Your the product of a great team, your not Joe Montana no matter how many people tell you you are. Get over yourself.

How could the Pats be disrespected when after the week 16 matchup with Tampa they we're number 3 above the Broncos in the power rankings when Denver dismantled brady already once this year? So basically if the entire NFL isnt getting down on their hands and knees and swinging from his nutts they're being disrespectful? Give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
                      lol. Yeah, take that Brady!
                      You think your the least respected team and most disrespected? Look at the forty-niners, Texans, Cardinals. You think good teams go into a game against these teams and think, "Oh no. We are in trouble, this team is tough."
                      Hell no. They aren't respected in the least. The patriots are 10-6 and respected back to back Superbowl champs. Of course they have respect, but apparently not as much as that whiny so called "class-act" QB tom Brady wants.

Idiotic quote by Tom Brady, oh yeah, we don't have any respect... Suuuuuuuure.

Comment

Ya know what Brady, Respect dees
                        A wise man once said "Remember to be yourself, or you might find yourself by yourself, and that aint cool. Any fool can learn from his or her mistakes, but it takes a wise person to learn from mistakes made by others. Persistance always overcomes resistance."

Comment

Makes a change from the media usually spending so much of their time up the Pats arse!

They way they go on about them you'd think there were only 3 people on the team. Brady, Bruschi and Vinateri
                          President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                          I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

really, all I hear about is Brady and Bill.
                            A wise man once said "Remember to be yourself, or you might find yourself by yourself, and that aint cool. Any fool can learn from his or her mistakes, but it takes a wise person to learn from mistakes made by others. Persistance always overcomes resistance."

Comment

Working...
                            X