Being unrespected is the best thing for us....just ask Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being unrespected is the best thing for us....just ask Texas

Being the underdogs is great because no one expects us to do good and then we can show them up. Remember we were 14 point underdogs to Green Bay and we won the superbowl. So it will definately be our advantage because what better motivation can you have....we have been beaten badly the past 2 years by the Colts which is setting things up to be one of the greatest story lines ever.....we shouldnt be mad with the lack of respect we are getting....it will help us in the long run and besides WE know we are good and right now that is all that matters. Trust me everyone in the league will learn what we know when we bring the trophy back to Denver.

Honestly, I scoff at that notion. When people say, "This team isn't well respected", they usually mean that the media and fans don't respect us. Still, I'm betting that we will be well respected by any team that we face in the playoffs. I would expect to get their A game no matter what.

I would like for the fans of the nation and the media to respect us. Honestly, we'll get the respect if we earn it, though. Meaning that we will be respected if we win the Superbowl.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

I agree that we need to earn it, but all I am saying is it is great being the underdog because that makes victory so much sweeter.

Comment

If it wins us a Championship, then I am content with flying under the radar.

I think if the other playoff teams take us lightly, than it will be a huge mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by slapshot726
          I agree that we need to earn it, but all I am saying is it is great being the underdog because that makes victory so much sweeter.
          You can say that, but recognition is pretty nice too.

That some teams automatically get recognition and others have to win the superbowl to earn it is annoying, but what can you do?? The media is full of morons who give their opinion with very little basis.

. . . . . . . . . . .
          . Post Your Artwork .
          . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Who cares if the Broncos are unrespected in the media and tabloids? The only thing that matters is if the teams in the playoffs respect us and our style of play

Comment

Not like we are gonna play the media in the playoffs right?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                If it wins us a Championship, then I am content with flying under the radar.

I think if the other playoff teams take us lightly, than it will be a huge mistake.

Just what I was gonna say, as long as it gets us the Ring the can keep on ignoring us
                Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slapshot726
                  Being the underdogs is great because no one expects us to do good and then we can show them up. Remember we were 14 point underdogs to Green Bay and we won the superbowl. So it will definately be our advantage because what better motivation can you have....we have been beaten badly the past 2 years by the Colts which is setting things up to be one of the greatest story lines ever.....we shouldnt be mad with the lack of respect we are getting....it will help us in the long run and besides WE know we are good and right now that is all that matters. Trust me everyone in the league will learn what we know when we bring the trophy back to Denver.
                  I particularly like the sneak attack under the radar but I certainly don't understand why we are. Weren't the Chargers just favored by 11 or something?

I (WE) WILL TEACH YOU THE MEANING OF THE WORD RESPECT!!
                  ~Bill Murray (Caddie Shack)

Comment

I AGREE WITH THIS WHOLE HEARTEDLY> i have been saying this for a long time. except i dont want to say anything positive about the team because the last time i did was in 95 when we were spanked by the jags. GO BRONCOS!!!!

let everyone think we suck. i wish they all did. but give mike his kudos. i bashed him at the miami game and now the only reason why anyone in the media is giving us respect is because of mike. Can anyone in here believe that our defense isnt bein gspoken about at all? that is a sleeping giant IMO. the browncos can really make a stink if htey do what they did in the pre season and get to peyton. but dont look past carson because they are coming to play.

IF we draw NE they will bring there A game and that will be ttough. then if we make it to the afc championship the colts will have all the confidence in that sound injected stadium because they spanked us the previous year forgetting this years pre season game.

IN-COM-PLETE!!
                    GO BRONCOS
                    thank god its football season again

broncos and yankees--champions go together

Comment

Texas did get some respect. ESPN showed 10 states out of 50 gave Texas respect. Ohio was one of them. If Ohio State would've beat Texas they would've beat USC in the National Championship game too. So since Texas beat OSU people in Ohio knew Texas would win.

Texas was just fortunate to catch OSU at the right time to beat them. If Troy Smith wasn't suspended for the two games before they met OSU would have beaten Texas easily. Those 5 field goals Troy Smith drove OSU to would have been TDs instead.

The Ohio State Buckeyes will be NCAA National Champions next year.
                      Last edited by sportsgeist; 01-05-2006, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by broncsyanks
                        I AGREE WITH THIS WHOLE HEARTEDLY> i have been saying this for a long time. except i dont want to say anything positive about the team because the last time i did was in 95 when we were spanked by the jags. GO BRONCOS!!!!

let everyone think we suck. i wish they all did. but give mike his kudos. i bashed him at the miami game and now the only reason why anyone in the media is giving us respect is because of mike. Can anyone in here believe that our defense isnt bein gspoken about at all? that is a sleeping giant IMO. the browncos can really make a stink if htey do what they did in the pre season and get to peyton. but dont look past carson because they are coming to play.

IF we draw NE they will bring there A game and that will be ttough. then if we make it to the afc championship the colts will have all the confidence in that sound injected stadium because they spanked us the previous year forgetting this years pre season game.

IN-COM-PLETE!!
                        GO BRONCOS
                        Part of the problem is that the media uses statistics to judge a team, but a lot of people only glance at the yards per game rankings. We've allowed a lot of pass attempts, so our rankings appear to be bad, but we actually are one of the best pass defenses in the league. Interestingly, our run game stats are actually padded a bit by the fact that we've had leads all year.

. . . . . . . . . . .
                        . Post Your Artwork .
                        . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

we were 7 point underdogs

Comment

Working...
                          X