• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Someone Says It! The Refs Love Indy

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...=ESPNHeadlines

Porter on refs: 'I felt they were cheating us'
    ESPN.com news services

Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Joey Porter is not known to shy away from a microphone, and that might make him a little lighter in the wallet after his comments after Sunday's game against the Indianapolis Colts.

When Troy Polamalu's fourth-quarter interception was overturned by referee Pete Morelli, Porter felt the Steelers were facing opponents on two fronts: the Colts and the refs.

"I know they wanted Indy to win this game," Porter told The New York Times. "The whole world loves Peyton Manning, but come on man, don't take the game away from us.

"I felt they were cheating us. When the interception happened, everybody in the world knew that was an interception. Don't cheat us that bad. When they did that, they really want Peyton Manning and these guys to win the Super Bowl. They are just going to straight take it for them. I felt that they were like 'We don't even care if you know we're cheating. We're cheating for them.' "

Porter said he was relieved in more ways than one when Colts kicker Mike Vanderjagt missed a 46-yard field goal try with 21 seconds left that would have tied the score.

"The way the refs were going, I wouldn't have trusted them in overtime," Porter told the Pittsburgh Post Gazette. "If we hadn't won, they would have cheated us in overtime."
    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

It's great that he's got the balls to say it. Props to him. What're the league going to do now their little secret is out?
    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by muse
      It's great that he's got the balls to say it. Props to him. What're the league going to do now their little secret is out?
      Screw the league. The No Fun League is at an all time low. Tagliabue needs to go. Defense needs to be brought back into the game and none of this helping the offense crap.
      The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Didn't Shannon say that one of the refs was Archie Manning? LMFAO

Comment

I wonder how much lighter his wallet is going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by psychobilly
            Didn't Shannon say that one of the refs was Archie Manning? LMFAO
            Yep .. LOL. I loved it.

Comment

I can't belive people actually believe this "conspiracy" bull. I can understand a Steeler player being upset with the call, there is a lot of passion and pride out there on the field, but to actually believe the officials and/or the league is trying to propell the Colts to the Superbowl is ludicrious.
              Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

Originally posted by Atwater His Ass
                I can't belive people actually believe this "conspiracy" bull. I can understand a Steeler player being upset with the call, there is a lot of passion and pride out there on the field, but to actually believe the officials and/or the league is trying to propell the Colts to the Superbowl is ludicrious.
                Well... when the league makes a statement about a call during a game, you know it's something pretty serious. Yes it was a judgement call however the play was called dead very quickly. It should have been challenged.

Comment

From a money standpoint, it's pretty easy to see that the league wants to see offensive powerhouse teams such as the Chokes and the Seafrauds go to the Superbowl. Offense brings more viewers which directly affects how much money is produced. Look at the rule changes (or reinforcements if you want to call it that) that help the offense. It's all about the offense and teams such as the Broncos and Steelers aren't "pretty" to watch. It's not a conspiracy that the league was trying to get the Chokes in. It's only a conspiracy if they try and hide what they are doing.

Comment

That call was horrible that ref outta be face something and the league is looking into it. But that wasnt the only call, Randle El was going deep in the first quarter, beat Harper by bout 5 yards and the ball was underthrown. EL stops and makes a move back towards the ball and Harper doesnt look back for a split second just plows right through Randle El and no flag. Know what play im talking about, Harper just went to hit El. But yet when Asante Samuel has perfect coverage on Lelie and gets a flag for what going for the football and getting shoved by Lelie????
                    That was a bad call but accectable the calls or no calls in the Pit Indy game was pathetic, PROPS to Porter for haing a pair.
                    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

I agree. That was the worst call I have ever seen in my life. If that overturn was made on a Bronco in a close playoff game like that, I would of flipped the **** out.
                      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

You think it was only for the Colts sake that call came down the way it did? Is it out of the realm of possibilty that some Vegas bigwigs have some refs on the payroll? I know alot of people lost a ton of money via the Steelers victory over the Colts. 'Cause man that call was some blatant bs.

Comment

He's right! Polamalu's INT is clear! He INT'd it. It was ruled an INT. There was not enough conclusive evidence. Therefore it should have stood. But nooooooooooo they want the Colts to win so it doesn't matter.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                          2. Taxes
                          3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

I say we save the money so we can all send him a dollar to pay his fine, courtesy of the Denver Broncos

seriously, if it was bad enough the teams noticed it: it happened.
                            Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                            Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                            Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Is everyone sure that it wasnt a RULE that was enforced?

From my understanding had he not tried to get up and run the play would have stood.

It is quite possible that the argument here should be about the the rule, not the enforcing of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X