Finally Someone Says It! The Refs Love Indy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krugan
    Is everyone sure that it wasnt a RULE that was enforced?

From my understanding had he not tried to get up and run the play would have stood.

It is quite possible that the argument here should be about the the rule, not the enforcing of it.
    Pretty sure there's no rule out there that says if you get up and fumble, it nullifies the INT. The INT was already established. He fumbled it when he tried to get some yards out of it. Luckily, Archie Manning's feeble attempts at getting his son to the SB failed miserably.
    The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Originally posted by RBDynasty
      Pretty sure there's no rule out there that says if you get up and fumble, it nullifies the INT. The INT was already established. He fumbled it when he tried to get some yards out of it. Luckily, Archie Manning's feeble attempts at getting his son to the SB failed miserably.
      The INT was not established since he fumbled it while still on the ground.
      Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

Originally posted by Krugan
        Is everyone sure that it wasnt a RULE that was enforced?

From my understanding had he not tried to get up and run the play would have stood.

It is quite possible that the argument here should be about the the rule, not the enforcing of it.
        Actually, the NFL said that it was the referee's judgement call...not a written rule...
        http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5252682

The NFL came out and said it was a MISTAKE!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Atwater His Ass
          He already had possession of the ball, took a few steps, rolled over twice, and tried getting up to advance the ball. This isn't the first time that a player has fumbled after an INT. That call was bunk and, no disrespect, but you have to be blind if you couldn't tell the difference between a dropped INT and a fumble.

Comment

Well, at least they admitted it. That's a lot better than another sport like basket...cough...cough...ball.. As bad as the officiating were yesterday, I've seen far worse in basketball.

Let's not fire Tagliabue. From what I've seen, at least he's making an attempt to change, instead of coddling those guys in stripes like David Stern do.

Comment

Here you go dude. Even the league disagrees with you and Archie Mann.. er Pete Morelli.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5252682

End of discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by rka
                I wonder how much lighter his wallet is going to be.

Does the size of any fine really matter (to him when he said what was on his mind)?

Last edited by sbutk; 01-16-2006, 04:02 PM.
                sigpic
                They're your teammates, now.
                Best of luck, TT!
                ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

I can't belive people actually believe this "conspiracy" bull. I can understand a Steeler player being upset with the call, there is a lot of passion and pride out there on the field, but to actually believe the officials and/or the league is trying to propell the Colts to the Superbowl is ludicrious.
                  I agree.
                  Like it's such a big deal that the player of a team who had many big calls not go their way would speak out against it?

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

I wonder if all the people who say there is no such thing as a nfl agenda are really that naive? Football is BIG BIG BIG business... if you dont think billion dollar corporations have agendas you are absolutely nuts. It goes hand in hand with the media and all of that. Indianapolis is not a huge market, but peyton manning is a huge market all in himself. Think of all the advertising, sponsorships, ect ect...

I couldnt believe that call, just like i cant believe all the crap you hear all long about certain teams/players. Im not a whiner because i dont care if denver gets no respect, im a HUGE fan and they are one of the most successful teams out there... thats more than enough for me. We prevail despite all of that. Pittsburgh prevails despite all of that... but it doesnt mean that there arent little buttons pushed by higher ups to try and sway things like that call that should of ended the game.

Im sure the cigarette companies are really concerned about your health like the labels say, and im sure iraq had weapons of mass destruction, ect... the point is big business, big government, they would be crazy not to have agendas with the kind of money that rides on the difference between a indianpolis/new england title game as opposed to denver/pittsburgh... and so on into the super bowl.

with that being said, bring the lombardi trophy home broncos!

Comment

Working...
                    X