Sick of Phil Simms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick of Phil Simms?

I am sick and tired of listening to Phil Simms broadcast our games. I don't think he ever says anything good about Denver!!! Even after we beat the Pats he still mentioned how great the Patriots where but no congrats to the Broncos.

Someone should tell him his son is sitting at home watching the playoffs.

Comment

Does anyone know if he will be calling our game sunday?
      Sig by Snk16

Comment

Towards the end...you know after the 5 minute PR campaign for the Pats valiant effort, I honestly thought he was going to cry. He didn't have much to say during the Victory Formations for the Broncos and he signed off with a terse "See you next week."

I think he was emotionally distraught.

Comment

In fairness, when we were on our Super Bowl runs, he had the same attitude towards Denver that he had towards NE this year.
          Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

Does anyone know if he will be calling our game sunday?
            Unfortunately, CBS's number one crew of Simms and Nantz will do the game. No doubt Simms puts on the knee pads for Bettis and Roethlisberger.
            Thanks for everything Shanny :salute!:

Comment

I must be getting a different Phil Simms than you guys. I've always thought of him as Pro-Denver. When he was doing all the Denver games during the 97 and 98 season, he was a pretty big Denver ball washer. I have a lot of those games on tape and he was definitely pro-Broncos. Even this year, I've felt he has given Denver much credit (one of the few, and he has made mention of this on the air).

I look forward to Simms doing a Denver game, actually. I think he is great.

Comment

Phil and everybody else

I agree with you on the Phil Simms thing. But it wasn't just him, it was every broadcaster out there saying NE this and NE that. Even after the Broncos won they were still jabbing at the mouth. Thanks to Shannon Sharpe though for having our back. Ive already started to hear people talking down on the Broncos for this weekends Championship game. Screw em all, GO BRONCOS!! BRONCO NATION!!

Comment

I thought I was the only one.

who hates Phil Simms! He never says anything good about the Broncos and I'm tired of listening to him. But then, no one gave Denver (or Pittsburgh) any thought. It was all NE and Indy --- blah blah blah. I hope Joe Buck and Aikman commentate this weekend (but the NFC will probably get them and we will be stuck listening to how good Pittsburgh is)...
                  GO BRONCOS!

Comment

I actually like Phil Simms quite a lot. I think he is fairly objective most of teh time, and he was talking about Denver as much as he was talking about NE during the game... reciting interviews they had had with both teams... blah blah blah... I don't have a problem with the guy in the least.

I hate Joe Thiesman!!!!!

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Hey jzm, it's okay, don't mind what Phil Simms said about Denver and Pittsburgh. Just to let you know, my name is also Phillippe. I don't care what he said. Maybe he doesn't like Denver or Pittsburgh. Hum, my brother Peter is a big fan of Denver Broncos since he was a childhood, he has been through good and bad times with faithful Broncos. He was really sad when Broncos lost 3 Super Bowls in John Elway era, and finally, Broncos won 2 Super Bowls in a row. I gotta tell you this that it really makes my brother happy and smile. John Elway was his hero when he retired. Anyway, same with me, I have been through good and bad times with faithful Pittsburgh Steelers.

This is going to be a very good game. Good luck to all of you, Broncos fans out there. If you guys win, I respect that and also will root for you guys in Super Bowl. But if we win, please show us some love and respect, root for us in Super Bowl.

P.S. What I hate about Colts and Patriots because they're so self-proclaiming and bragging about the best quarterbacks in the league. But hey, both of them were eliminated and went home, they're planning to watch Ben and Jake playing and wondering how humble we are. I like Jake Plummer and my hero player, Ben Roethlisberger because they never seem to be bragging themselves. Jake and Ben are very humble players.

Originally posted by jzm
                      who hates Phil Simms! He never says anything good about the Broncos and I'm tired of listening to him. But then, no one gave Denver (or Pittsburgh) any thought. It was all NE and Indy --- blah blah blah. I hope Joe Buck and Aikman commentate this weekend (but the NFC will probably get them and we will be stuck listening to how good Pittsburgh is)...
                      GO BRONCOS!

Comment

The Phil Simms I've seen is very objective. I think all he was doing was paying respects, if you will, for what the Patriots have done in the past few years. 3 out of 4 Super Bowls is an amazing accomplishment. They should be respected for that.

He was pretty objective up to that point.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                        2. Taxes
                        3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by BLITZBURGH007
                          Hey jzm, it's okay, don't mind what Phil Simms said about Denver and Pittsburgh. Just to let you know, my name is also Phillippe. I don't care what he said. Maybe he doesn't like Denver or Pittsburgh. Hum, my brother Peter is a big fan of Denver Broncos since he was a childhood, he has been through good and bad times with faithful Broncos. He was really sad when Broncos lost 3 Super Bowls in John Elway era, and finally, Broncos won 2 Super Bowls in a row. I gotta tell you this that it really makes my brother happy and smile. John Elway was his hero when he retired. Anyway, same with me, I have been through good and bad times with faithful Pittsburgh Steelers.

This is going to be a very good game. Good luck to all of you, Broncos fans out there. If you guys win, I respect that and also will root for you guys in Super Bowl. But if we win, please show us some love and respect, root for us in Super Bowl.

P.S. What I hate about Colts and Patriots because they're so self-proclaiming and bragging about the best quarterbacks in the league. But hey, both of them were eliminated and went home, they're planning to watch Ben and Jake playing and wondering how humble we are. I like Jake Plummer and my hero player, Ben Roethlisberger because they never seem to be bragging themselves. Jake and Ben are very humble players.

Nice post, Blitz. I agree 100%.

Good luck to your team on Sunday.

sigpic
                          They're your teammates, now.
                          Best of luck, TT!
                          ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Isnt Phil Simms the same guy who always rights for NFL.com and defends the Broncos and Jake Plummer 99% of the time?

Comment

Phil Simms is hands down the best NFL color commentator

As a former journalism major, and someone who is very tough on broadcasters, I can say that Phil Simms is the best color commentator on television today. He is insightful, balanced and will be the first to admit when he is wrong or makes a mistake. I think that he is always as quick as anyone in getting the correct information out and as a former QB he brings credibility with what he says. I think Troy Aikman is in his ballpark, and Madden has a certain likeable quality, but of everyone I've seen on tv, I'll take Jim Nantz and Phil Simms for every game.

Comment

Working...
                              X