Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Steelers knock off the top 3 seeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Steelers knock off the top 3 seeds?

If the Steelers(#6 seed) win on sunday they would have beaten the top 3 seeds in the AFC all on the road. That has never happened before, in fact only a handful of wildcard teams have ever made it to the superbowl and they all had atleast 1 home game.

This matchup favors the Broncos since they had they bye week and gained a tremendous amount of momentum with a 14 point wooping of the Patsies. Then sunday the #6 seed upsets the #1 seed meaning Denver has homefield advantage giving the team a huge psychological lift. Denver is going to win this game.

If they can, it will be one of the greatest playoff runs ever.

But I don't think they can.

Comment

Originally posted by rka
      If they can, it will be one of the greatest playoff runs ever.

But I don't think they can.
      I agree if they can pull it off that will be one the greatest playoff runs. If the Steelers somehow upset the Broncos they will win the superbowl. But they wont, this is OUR year.

Comment

With two tough games on the road behind them winning a third may prove to be too much for the Steelers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws
          With two tough games on the road behind them winning a third may prove to be too much for the Steelers.
          Nice sig i saw that on the Steelers board earlier this afternoon.

Comment

The Steelers are playing good football right now. But I just don't see how they can come into Denver and beat us. I just don't see it happening. It was a great run for them though.
            Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede
              Nice sig i saw that on the Steelers board earlier this afternoon.
              Thanks. Good to know there are a few of us on the steelers board to fight the Broncos cause. They seem like an allright bunch and have been very welcoming despite the sig lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws
                Thanks. Good to know there are a few of us on the steelers board to fight the Broncos cause. They seem like an allright bunch and have been very welcoming despite the sig lol.

Their basis for them winning is our d-line came from cleveland...And yes they're worried about the alititude.

Comment

Their basis for them winning is our d-line came from cleveland...And yes they're worried about the alititude.
                  How the Bus will cope at altitude seems to be a bit of a topic for them which is why we must ensure that at all costs they do not find out the location of Colorado's "extra oxygenated diesel" gas stations

Comment

Ummmmm They can easily but will they is the question.

And yes they will, the difference between the teams is the big play capability of the Steelers, the 20+ yards plays. SO if they can execute their plays they should win.
                    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Atwater His Ass
                      The Steelers are playing good football right now. But I just don't see how they can come into Denver and beat us. I just don't see it happening. It was a great run for them though.

With the way the Steelers are playing, Jake better play the best game of his career. I hope our run game can get started. This is such a hard game to predict the thing you can do is believe in our team that they'll pull out the win. I hate being skeptical but we haven't played a team that we've matched identical to.

Comment

If the Steelers(#6 seed) win on sunday they would have beaten the top 3 seeds in the AFC all on the road. That has never happened before, in fact only a handful of wildcard teams have ever made it to the superbowl and they all had atleast 1 home game.

This matchup favors the Broncos since they had they bye week and gained a tremendous amount of momentum with a 14 point wooping of the Patsies. Then sunday the #6 seed upsets the #1 seed meaning Denver has homefield advantage giving the team a huge psychological lift. Denver is going to win this game.
                        So winning six-straight games (four of them on the road), two in the post-season and another against a post-season team (da Bears) isn't momentum?

Beating the best team in the NFL (the Colts) isn't a huge psychologiclal lift?

Nobody believes ... this season is destiny for the Steelers. Jerome Bettis WILL get a ring before he retires. Just like y'all got one for Elway.

Accept your fate.
                        PITTSBURGH STEELERS
                        vs. Bengals W 31-17
                        vs. Colts W 21-18
                        vs. Broncos W 34-17

2006 AFC CHAMPIONS!
                        SUPER BOWL XL

Comment

Originally posted by steelers11
                          So winning six-straight games (four of them on the road), two in the post-season and another against a post-season team (da Bears) isn't momentum?

Beating the best team in the NFL (the Colts) isn't a huge psychologiclal lift?

Nobody believes ... this season is destiny for the Steelers. Jerome Bettis WILL get a ring before he retires. Just like y'all got one for Elway.

Accept your fate.
                          Do the Steelers really have momentum after a game in which both teams tried to give the other team the victory? Will it be a psycological lift to go to Denver after that emotional game? We saw what happened to the Chargers after they knocked off Indy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad Broncofan
                            With the way the Steelers are playing, Jake better play the best game of his career. I hope our run game can get started. This is such a hard game to predict the thing you can do is believe in our team that they'll pull out the win. I hate being skeptical but we haven't played a team that we've matched identical to.
                            Not many match up to the best We've played some tough teams this year, and we've found ways to win.

I am really hoping the crowd will be LOUD this week, cause Pitt to make some mistakes. Use homefield to its best option.

GO BRONCOS!!!
                            Play hard for 60 minutes, and you earn an all expense paid trip to Detroit
                            sigpic
                            Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                            -Sean Payton

Comment

you need to realize they would've been a higher seed if big ben hadn't gotten hurt earlier in the season

Comment

Working...
                              X