Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Steelers knock off the top 3 seeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoStampede
    If the Steelers(#6 seed) win on sunday they would have beaten the top 3 seeds in the AFC all on the road. That has never happened before, in fact only a handful of wildcard teams have ever made it to the superbowl and they all had atleast 1 home game.

This matchup favors the Broncos since they had they bye week and gained a tremendous amount of momentum with a 14 point wooping of the Patsies. Then sunday the #6 seed upsets the #1 seed meaning Denver has homefield advantage giving the team a huge psychological lift. Denver is going to win this game.
    yes they can, it will be a great game i just hope the refs dont screw either of us. May the best team win, it will be close all the way through. I think the broncos need a great game by plummer which means better then he played against the pats

Comment

I think the AFC championship game is gonna be a good one. I believe as long as the Broncos can keep putting the pressure on Ben and keep Bettis out of the red zone, we'll be looking good. Keep the run game going and hopefully Jake will be mistake free and I see XL in the near future. BRONCO NATION!!

Comment

The Broncos are favored to win, this is an away game and the Bus needs his ring. Thats pretty much all the Steelers need to win.
        Last edited by _Ferrite Core_; 01-16-2006, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Do the Steelers really have momentum after a game in which both teams tried to give the other team the victory? Will it be a psycological lift to go to Denver after that emotional game? We saw what happened to the Chargers after they knocked off Indy.
          How can you compare us to the Chargers? We beat them and they aren't even in the playoffs. We responded well after an emotional game against the Bengals .. we responded well at the end of the season when we had to .. I dont expect any sort of a let down this weekend.
          PITTSBURGH STEELERS
          vs. Bengals W 31-17
          vs. Colts W 21-18
          vs. Broncos W 34-17

2006 AFC CHAMPIONS!
          SUPER BOWL XL

Comment

Originally posted by steelers11
            How can you compare us to the Chargers? We beat them and they aren't even in the playoffs. We responded well after an emotional game against the Bengals .. we responded well at the end of the season when we had to .. I dont expect any sort of a let down this weekend.
            True the Chargers were not as good as the Steelers this year, but the way SD and PIT are built and the way they beat the colts are extremely similar IMO. It took everything the Chargers had, and they really dropped off the next two games. Its just one of many possibilities.

Comment

True the Chargers were not as good as the Steelers this year, but the way SD and PIT are built and the way they beat the colts are extremely similar IMO. It took everything the Chargers had, and they really dropped off the next two games. Its just one of many possibilities.
              yea but i like are team leaders more

Comment

Pittsburgh will be a tough match-up, and, sure they're on a roll, but, Denver has won 5 in a row (and 9 of 10) and the last one was against the defending champs.

But, if we win the first quarter... I think we;ll win the game.
                - [B]BroncoFanCanada

Comment

If the Steelers(#6 seed) win on sunday they would have beaten the top 3 seeds in the AFC all on the road. That has never happened before, in fact only a handful of wildcard teams have ever made it to the superbowl and they all had atleast 1 home game.

This matchup favors the Broncos since they had they bye week and gained a tremendous amount of momentum with a 14 point wooping of the Patsies. Then sunday the #6 seed upsets the #1 seed meaning Denver has homefield advantage giving the team a huge psychological lift. Denver is going to win this game.
                  Look anything is possible but there isn't a high proability of it happening.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

i am expecting a great game this weekend. just like it was in indy. i especially praying for a better game as far as the officiating goes. but don't count your chickens before they are hatched denver. don't forget, the steelers are coming in this week the same they have their last two. on the road and an underdog. the stage doesn't change for the steelers. in fact we like flying under the radar. much like your team since we both did it all season. they have been playing a one game season since week 13. i would really hate to see you all get cocky, i mean over confident like a lot of people in indy did. would it be something unbelievable if the steelers could win this weekend, YES. do i think they will. I will say what said last week. It all depends on which two teams show up on sunday. the odds are definately stacked against us, but hey, they have been for the last two weeks to and we have prevailed. "Any given sunday". I do agree that whoever wins on sunday will win the superbowl. and if the steelers lose i will be cheering you all on cuz there is only one conference in the NFL, and that is the AFC!

all i'm saying is don't let the win over the patsie's fog your heads. Congrats on it cuz no one wanted them in it again so kudo's there but don't let it swell your heads. we just knocked off the supposive #1 team in the NFL and i can bank on the steelers coming in w/a clear head just as hungary as they were against indy...
                    Last edited by SteeLVeinS; 01-16-2006, 05:53 PM.

Comment

I agree if they can pull it off that will be one the greatest playoff runs. If the Steelers somehow upset the Broncos they will win the superbowl.
                      But they wont, this is OUR year.
                      If you are going to use the lame "OUR year" argument as your proof for who wins, then it's the Steelers. We are the team in the playoffs that "cant get over the hump". We are the one trying desperately to get our "cursed" soon to be retiring team leader a Super Bowl before he goes. Which is coincidentally in his hometown. We are looking for that "ring for the thumb". Coincidence that there has been so much media hoopla about Big Ben's injured thumb? What do you think would make it feel better? Also, we are playing the team that eliminated the team that has eliminated us from the playoffs like 3 times in the last 4 years. The stars are lining up alright, but it's for Pittsburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCanada
                        ...Denver has won 5 in a row (and 9 of 10) and the last one was against the defending champs...
                        and Pittsburgh has won 6 in a row and the last one was against the odds on favorite to win the Lombardi trophy

what is your point?

Comment

Working...
                        X