X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    Originally posted by SwedeBronco
    Those of us who are old enough to remember Howard Cosell on MNF remember the comment he made about Bradshaw: "That kid couldn't spell CAT if you gave him the C and the T.

Anyway, TOO MUCH is being made about "in-studio" analysts making predictions about each week's games. When you play for a team as long as all of these guys have, they have NO CHOICE but to pick their team.

Besides, there are 28 OTHER TEAMS that are already on vacation that had predictions made about them that were WRONG.

FOCUS PEOPLE! THE AFC TITLE GAME IS BACK HOME WHERE IT BELONGS: MILE HIGH, BABY. THAT MEANS ONLY ONE THING, I GOTTA FEELIN' DEN-VERS GOIN' TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!! REMEMBER THAT CHANT STEELER FANS?
    BroncoFanCam <-- Focused... This one's for the Bowl baby!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SwedeBronco
    replied
    Those of us who are old enough to remember Howard Cosell on MNF remember the comment he made about Bradshaw: "That kid couldn't spell CAT if you gave him the C and the T.

Anyway, TOO MUCH is being made about "in-studio" analysts making predictions about each week's games. When you play for a team as long as all of these guys have, they have NO CHOICE but to pick their team.

Besides, there are 28 OTHER TEAMS that are already on vacation that had predictions made about them that were WRONG.

FOCUS PEOPLE! THE AFC TITLE GAME IS BACK HOME WHERE IT BELONGS: MILE HIGH, BABY. THAT MEANS ONLY ONE THING, I GOTTA FEELIN' DEN-VERS GOIN' TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!! REMEMBER THAT CHANT STEELER FANS?

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
    As for refusing to play for the Colts, he didn't just up and refuse to play for them. He was also a pretty highly touted baseball prospect, so he decided that if he had to play for a low quality football team, he'd be better off pursuing a baseball career. I can't really blame him for that.
    Is that not "flat out refusing to play for them"?

Yes, he had other prospects, that didn't mean he was any closer to stepping on the field for the Colts. He flat out refused to play for the Colts.

Leave a comment:

• RazR
    replied
    I don't have a problem with him picking the Steelers, but saying the Broncos didn't deserve to beat the Pats.... c'mon you old man. You know better than that. Now the Broncos are going to have to beat your beloved Steelers to shut your big yap?

tsk....tsk....tsk

Leave a comment:

• Mhantra
    replied
    Originally posted by DallaSteel
    These pundits need to forget their roots and be impartial. That irks me more than anything. Have you ever heard Boomer Esiason call a Steelers/Bengals game??? It's atrocious!
    Dude, honestly, loosen up on a human being. Do you really believe that they can be purely impartial and detached? They would not be human if they were...

Leave a comment:

• coolguy
    replied
    Originally posted by alan
    and he says that denver shouldnt have won becuase the patriots were better http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5251890
    screw Bradshaw, he wasn't very smart when he was in the NFL, and I don't think he has gotten any smarter since. I don't care what any of those Fox guys say.
    Denver is the best team left by far, next it will be whoever we face in the Super Bowl.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Not a suprise, seeing how he play for them

Leave a comment:

• txbronco
    replied
    what do we expect from the best QB steel has ever had to offer.

Leave a comment:

• Archimedes Owl
    replied
    Originally posted by appleshampoo
    He refused to play for the Colts when they drafted him, but that was when they were in Baltimore.

I have actually never really heard the details on this story (I am only 21 so I was not around for when it actually hapenned), anyone remember the details exactly? It does not sound like the John Elway that we all know and love...
    Yeah, that "Indy" thing threw me off. I should have figured that he meant the Baltimore Colts.

As for refusing to play for the Colts, he didn't just up and refuse to play for them. He was also a pretty highly touted baseball prospect, so he decided that if he had to play for a low quality football team, he'd be better off pursuing a baseball career. I can't really blame him for that.

Leave a comment:

• broncos_mtnman
    replied
    Two Things

One - he's a former Steeler

Two - he's an idiot

Leave a comment:

• watchthemiddle
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncFanInPA
    The comment on the Patriots should be posted on the locker room board for the players' reading pleasure

I don't mind him picking the Steelers to win, everyone has an opinion (homer or not).

I agree. I am sure if they asked Elway he would pick the Broncos. There is nothing wrong with people picking for or against us. Its their job.

Leave a comment:

• BigRussMooney
    replied
    What I want to know, and if any of you do know please tell me, is if someone is so stupid all year long, and NEVER picks the right team, when do they fire him? How long do these idiot news/sports companies continue to pay someone who is ALWAYS wrong? Seriously, these guys are right maybe 2 times a year, they all pick the same team each time because one watches the other guys show and just goes off what they picked.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    Originally posted by appleshampoo
    He refused to play for the Colts when they drafted him, but that was when they were in Baltimore.

I have actually never really heard the details on this story (I am only 21 so I was not around for when it actually hapenned), anyone remember the details exactly? It does not sound like the John Elway that we all know and love...
    He told them before the draft even took place that he would not play there if they drafted him.

They went ahead and drafted him, and as he said he would, he refused to play for the Colts.

Hence the greatest trade in Broncos history... the trade for John Elway. And the reason Bradshaw depises him...

Leave a comment:

• appleshampoo
    replied
    I don't like that he didn't give Denver credit for the win against the Pats, but I expected him to pick the Steelers.

Oh, and what are you talking about with "refusal to play in Indy". I don't remember John ever refusing to play Indy.

Leave a comment:

• SteelerDan43
    replied
    I don't like that he didn't give Denver credit for the win against the Pats, but I expected him to pick the Steelers.

Oh, and what are you talking about with "refusal to play in Indy". I don't remember John ever refusing to play Indy.
    Well I'm pretty sure he didnt pick us against the colts but he normaly does. The only guys I saw that picked us were Hodge and Theisman

Leave a comment:

Working...
X