Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pittsburgh is spelled with an "h."

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pittsburgh is spelled with an "h."

    At least the one in Pennsylvania is. Just thought I'd throw that out there because over and over again I see people spelling it as "Pittsburg," which in actuality is in northern New Hampshire.

    I know all those eastern towns are jumbled together in a big mess and nobody from the West really knows exactly where they are anyways, but since we are being such generous hosts to the Steelers this weekend, we should at least be able to spell the name of the town from which they hail.

  • #2
    Heres a funny fact. At one point the H was removed from Pittsburgh then later re-attatched. The only other "burg" I know of that has an H is Plattsburgh in upstate New York. The only reason I've ever heard of it is because they play us in D3 hockey...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SteelerDan43
      Heres a funny fact. At one point the H was removed from Pittsburgh then later re-attatched. The only other "burg" I know of that has an H is Plattsburgh in upstate New York. The only reason I've ever heard of it is because they play us in D3 hockey...
      In the new multi-million dollar constitution center in Philadelphia they have a map of Pennsylvania with at least six cities names misspelled, including Pittsburgh.

      Random fact of the day.
      PITTSBURGH STEELERS
      vs. Bengals W 31-17
      vs. Colts W 21-18
      vs. Broncos W 34-17

      2006 AFC CHAMPIONS!
      SUPER BOWL XL

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by steelers11
        In the new multi-million dollar constitution center in Philadelphia they have a map of Pennsylvania with at least six cities names misspelled, including Pittsburgh.

        Random fact of the day.
        I have the book of Pittsburgh sports headlines put out by the Post-Gazette, thats where I first noticed it then I asked my Grandma about it and she told me about them taking it out then putting it back...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by steelers11
          In the new multi-million dollar constitution center in Philadelphia they have a map of Pennsylvania with at least six cities names misspelled, including Pittsburgh.

          Random fact of the day.
          You're kidding me


          [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by steelers11
            In the new multi-million dollar constitution center in Philadelphia they have a map of Pennsylvania with at least six cities names misspelled, including Pittsburgh.

            Random fact of the day.
            My brother was telling me about that (I am from Allentown, originally)



            That sounds hilarious.

            Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

            The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

            Comment


            • #7
              There is also Pittsburg, KS, home to Pitt State one of the most dominant teams in all of NCAA Division 2 football.

              Comment


              • #8
                It's " BLITZSBURG"

                Hey you guys:

                NO!, no, no, no,.... wrong.........

                Don't you guys worry to much about whether Pittsburgh is spelled with or without a "H".... Thats not important!

                What is important is that it is pronounced here in s.w. Pa., as ''BLITZSBURG"
                lol.

                You guys will find out on Sunday .

                Lots of ruck!


                The BUS

                Comment


                • #9
                  From the way you guys talk you think the blitz is unbeatable... perhaps for Peyton "I have cement blocks for feet" Manning, but you will soon understand what happens you blitz the almighty Denver Broncos, it's called Jake "the Sniz-ake" slithering all over your cocky ___.

                  It's also called Jake to Putzier for a TD, over and over, and over again.

                  You wanna live and die by the blitz? Bring it on fruit cake... We'll play with ya'.


                  [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                    From the way you guys talk you think the blitz is unbeatable... perhaps for Peyton "I have cement blocks for feet" Manning, but you will soon understand what happens you blitz the almighty Denver Broncos, it's called Jake "the Sniz-ake" slithering all over your cocky ___.

                    It's also called Jake to Putzier for a TD, over and over, and over again.

                    You wanna live and die by the blitz? Bring it on fruit cake... We'll play with ya'.
                    no need for childish insults man, he was just messing, and on that topic, pitt does blitz very well, we will have trouble with it come sunday...
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Broncosfreak_56
                      no need for childish insults man, he was just messing, and on that topic, pitt does blitz very well, we will have trouble with it come sunday...
                      Uh oh.. "forum police"...

                      Someone comes in here talkin' crap about the blitz "you'll see on Sunday" they get it back in their face.


                      [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CH3COOH
                        There is also Pittsburg, KS, home to Pitt State one of the most dominant teams in all of NCAA Division 2 football.

                        WooHoo! I'm 45 miles away, go Gorillas!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                          From the way you guys talk you think the blitz is unbeatable... perhaps for Peyton "I have cement blocks for feet" Manning, but you will soon understand what happens you blitz the almighty Denver Broncos, it's called Jake "the Sniz-ake" slithering all over your cocky ___.

                          It's also called Jake to Putzier for a TD, over and over, and over again.

                          You wanna live and die by the blitz? Bring it on fruit cake... We'll play with ya'.


                          I only got a few words to say & they are BIG BEN ROETHLISBERGER, THE BUS &

                          ''BLITZSBURGH''..........................YA....... .....................!

                          & DON'T FORGET THE SCORE : BLITZSBURGH 34 , DENVER 17

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Steeler # 1 Fan
                            I only got a few words to say & they are BIG BEN ROETHLISBERGER, THE BUS &

                            ''BLITZSBURGH''..........................YA....... .....................!

                            & DON'T FORGET THE SCORE : BLITZSBURGH 34 , DENVER 17
                            I hope everyone here knows that the above post does not represent the Steeler fan contingent and this guy is definitely not the Steelers' #1 fan ...

                            r

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X