Steelers Just Won't Have Enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steelers Just Won't Have Enough

Sorry Steeltown, but that win in Indy took everything your Boys had yesterday afternoon.

Everything points Denver's way...

The fact that the No. #6 seed has never advanced to the Super Bowl...

The fact that this will be the third straight road game for your Steelers...

The taxing, emotionally draining episode that game was for your team yesterday...

I mean, you had to fight and claw, went from winning, to losing, to winning, to losing again, to finally winning on the last play of the game......that WAS your Steelers Super Bowl. There is just no way you can get up for three in a row. There is a reason it has never been done; it's just too tough. You were nuicely softened up for us by the Colts, and will be easier to beat because of it.

Sorry, Steeltown, that was a nice favor you did for us, and Bronco fans appreciate it, as it will virtually guarantee our third Super Bowl Title.

You won't run the ball, which will force Roethlisberger to throw, and as Tom Brady found out the hard way, our Defense is nasty as evidenced by the 13 pts NE scored.

Oh, and I don't believe Roethlisberger is 100% healthy. I saw that lick he took late in the game, and he was wincing in pain on the sidelines afterward. He only threw two, severely inaccurate passes after that play.

Again, thanks for the help. Enjoy your visit to the Mile High Sunday, but you won't be leaving with a Playoff victory.

We'll be sure to have Shanahan send Cowher a postcard from Detroit.

Your season ends in the AFC CHampionship game...again.

Where have you heard THAT before?

"Nice pick, Cowher"...

Denver 23
    Pittsburgh 16

Super Bowl XL

Denver over Seattle

We've heard this "no chance" story before..

Comment

Originally posted by SteelManiac55

so have we......
      sigpic
      DROY

Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

Comment

Originally posted by bronc_fan23
        so have we......
        That has a whole lot to do with nothing right about now. As far as I can see this post is giving the Steelers no chance, which at this point is just about crazy to do.

Comment

That has a whole lot to do with nothing right about now. As far as I can see this post is giving the Steelers no chance, which at this point is just about crazy to do.

im sure on your message boards people are saying the same thing about how denver has no chance
          sigpic
          DROY

Comment

im sure on your message boards people are saying the same thing about how denver has no chance
            Not really. The general concensus is that it should be a tough, close game that will go either way.

Comment

Not really. The general concensus is that it should be a tough, close game that will go either way.

there has to be a total homer like minefield (no offense) on your board that says that denver has no shot
              sigpic
              DROY

Comment

there has to be a total homer like minefield (no offense) on your board that says that denver has no shot
                Point well taken. I'm sure there are a few around.

Comment

I just checked out those boards, there's lots of people stating that the broncos have no chance...jake the snake will be in full effect on sunday...he's been steady all year, and the year ain't over...

Comment

in addition, the experts look like are starting to get on the Steelers bandwagon...starting with Bradshaw. It will be a tough game but Broncos is the better team and they will take care of business.
                    Thomas4Broncos

Comment

For two teams that aren't even supposed to be in this position it should make for one heck of a game.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

It will be a knockdown drag out fight. Defenses are about as even as you can get. I think whatever argument you can make for one team can be made for the other. Both teams rattled normally clutch qbs. Both teams made few mistakes. Both teams got stellar play from their star dbs. Both teams were heavily disrespected by the media. I understand the Steelers getting love from the media because beating the Colts in Indy is more impressive than defeating a down Patriot team but I disagree with their assesment. Playing in Denver is much different than going to Cincy or Indianapolis and I think the energy the crowd will give our players will give us a slight edge.

Comment

Total Homer?

I am a 'Total Homer' because I expect the Broncos to win?

Comment

Dancing Ponies

First of all, I really like Denver's uniforms, they are edgy and the colors are pretty cool too. That being said, let me now trash them. I think the Broncos are a team fueled by the notion that Plumber is a "clutch" quarterback, he is not. He has played better, but I think it has a lot to do with the Wolf Man Jack beard. It looks like a science experiment gone very wrong, and I think he trims it with a pair of hedge clippers. Ben has a beard too, but it is a more stoic looking one. Kinda like Zues or one of the gods.

My advice to the Broncos: Shannahan should work on his tan some more (it seems to be fading from a burnt to the crisp brown to a kinda mocha color), and I think Jake the Snake should at lease trim his beard a little to avoid birds making a nest in it. That could be a distraction. Or he could not trim it so Kimo can grab it and slam him to the turf. How tall is Jake by the way, he looked smaller than Doug Flutie on the field. What is he 5' 3' or something? Ben can pat him on the head like the little bald guy on the Benny Hill show.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas4Broncos
                              in addition, the experts look like are starting to get on the Steelers bandwagon...starting with Bradshaw. It will be a tough game but Broncos is the better team and they will take care of business.

What a shock. Bradshaw going with the steelers. Next thing you will be saying is that mush mouth a.k.a. Shannon Sharpe or Tom Jackson will be picking the Bronco's

Comment

Working...
                              X