Steelers Just Won't Have Enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna be great!!!!

This has got to be one of the best AFC Championship matchups in a long long time. Both teams have been overlooked and underrated all year. It has been Indy or NE in the spotlight and we both were not given a chance. Well we both did and now the showdown is set.

When we stop your running game and force Jake to make a lot of throws he will be in trouble. If we can rattle his cage and get in his head like we did Peyton's y'all are gonna be in trouble.

I can't wait until Sunday. It should be one heckuva great game. I just hope the game is decided with the football players and not some jakass ref botching calls.

See you on Sunday Donkey fans.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MindField
      Sorry Steeltown, but that win in Indy took everything your Boys had yesterday afternoon.

Everything points Denver's way...

The fact that the No. #6 seed has never advanced to the Super Bowl...

True, but that is anecdotal at best. The Steelers have little in common with previous 6 seeds.

The fact that this will be the third straight road game for your Steelers...

Again true, but the Steelers are playing better on the road than at home.

The taxing, emotionally draining episode that game was for your team yesterday...

I mean, you had to fight and claw, went from winning, to losing, to winning, to losing again, to finally winning on the last play of the game......that WAS your Steelers Super Bowl. There is just no way you can get up for three in a row. There is a reason it has never been done; it's just too tough. You were nuicely softened up for us by the Colts, and will be easier to beat because of it.

That is utter nonsesne. First, the Steelers were never losing. Second, in all meaningful aspects of that game, the Steelers dominated what was considered the best team in football. The blueprint for victory (mix the pass and the run, get an early lead, then run, run, run) worked to perfection. If anything, the Steelers were encouraged by their performance. I don't think "getting up" will be a problem.

Sorry, Steeltown, that was a nice favor you did for us, and Bronco fans appreciate it, as it will virtually guarantee our third Super Bowl Title.

You won't run the ball, which will force Roethlisberger to throw, and as Tom Brady found out the hard way, our Defense is nasty as evidenced by the 13 pts NE scored.

I'm not sure what to make of all the predictions that the Steelers will try to run the ball, and not be able to. It is simply a myth that the Steelers are a run first team. The Broncos seem to take pride in the fact that it has been relatively easy to throw on them (give up yards, not points) and the Steelers want to throw, so how does that make for a favorable match up for the Broncos?

Oh, and I don't believe Roethlisberger is 100% healthy. I saw that lick he took late in the game, and he was wincing in pain on the sidelines afterward. He only threw two, severely inaccurate passes after that play.

Ben got hit on the funny bone, and was his arm was numb for a bit. All better now. I don't think the last pass he threw was "severely inaccurate," just well defended.

Again, thanks for the help. Enjoy your visit to the Mile High Sunday, but you won't be leaving with a Playoff victory.

We'll be sure to have Shanahan send Cowher a postcard from Detroit.

Your season ends in the AFC CHampionship game...again.

Where have you heard THAT before?

"Nice pick, Cowher"...

Denver 23
      Pittsburgh 16

Super Bowl XL

Denver over Seattle

This is a very evenly matched game.

Comment

I am a 'Total Homer' because I expect the Broncos to win?
        i just have one questions about your original post. you say that the steelers were fighting and clawing on saturday. and winning then losing, then winning then losing. i watched the game and i don't recall one time we were losing... i mean am i wrong. was not watching the same game... the closest they got was 3 and that was only cuz of a botched call by the refs. if that never happened that game would've ended 21-10. but i'm not going to speculate on that whole situation cuz it doesn't matter. i was just trying to figure out when we were losing. even if they made that field goal we wouldn't have been losing...

Comment

Originally posted by SteeLVeinS
          i just have one questions about your original post. you say that the steelers were fighting and clawing on saturday. and winning then losing, then winning then losing. i watched the game and i don't recall one time we were losing... i mean am i wrong. was not watching the same game... the closest they got was 3 and that was only cuz of a botched call by the refs. if that never happened that game would've ended 21-10. but i'm not going to speculate on that whole situation cuz it doesn't matter. i was just trying to figure out when we were losing. even if they made that field goal we wouldn't have been losing...
          Maybe not on the scoreboard, but definitely momentum and it shifted back and forth more than it should have (I know about the refs, etc... but unfortunately that is the "human" part of the game that all teams have to live with). Even though the Steelers came out of there with a win, I think it took all they had to do it. They have laid out all of the cards on the table for reading... that is just my humble opinion..... Broncos win by 10. Thanks for beating the Colts.

Comment

Ok

Originally posted by SteeLVeinS

So when the refs overturned that pick and the Colts scored in about 14 seconds, you were not concerned?

That is what I meant...

The Steelers had the pick with Polamalu, which meant you would win....then it was overturned, and the Colts immediately scored, putting your chances of winning into peril...

Then you made the plays to get the ball over on downs, only to have Bus cough it up and almost have the ball run back for a TD, which was only saved by a shoestring tackle...if he they guy runs it back, you lose....then Manning comes within inches of completing the winning TD to Reggie Wayne in the end zone, only to have the Steelers finally win it by having the most accurate kicker by percentage in NFL history miss the game tieing kick...

That is what I meant. It was an emotional roller-coaster that was tough for me as a fan to even watch (as I obviously was a Steeler Fan for the Day)....I cannot imagine what that would have been like for the players....but I think you get some indication based upon the repsonses of players like Joey Porter....the truth is the Steelers were damn lucky to get out of there with a 'W', all things considered, and I think the players know it, or they would not have made comments about the Refs taking the game away from them.

If your team can win three straight on the road, including winning in Indianapolis and Denver back to back, especially after what happened in Indy, they the Steelers truly are a special, even great team. But the Steelers do not meet my definition of Great in any way, shape or form, which is why your team was the No. 6 seed and barely got in in the first place. I think the Colts were ripe for the picking, considering what happend to Tony Dungy's son, and the fact that the Colts had not played meaningful football in five weeks prior to your game.

Deep down, I think we both know the Steelers are good.....but not that good.

Denver will win this game, and follow that up with another win in the Super Bowl.

Denver 23
            Pittsburgh 16

Nice run, SteelerFan, but it ends Sunday.

Comment

It's gonna be a tough match. I think the teams are very evenly matched (unlike the Colts v. Steelers and Patsies v. Broncos). I think the home field advantage here is huge, especially since it's mile high. And, that with the coaching comparison, I think the Broncos have the edge.

GO BRONCOS!

Comment

So when the refs overturned that pick and the Colts scored in about 14 seconds, you were not concerned?

That is what I meant...

The Steelers had the pick with Polamalu, which meant you would win....then it was overturned, and the Colts immediately scored, putting your chances of winning into peril...

Then you made the plays to get the ball over on downs, only to have Bus cough it up and almost have the ball run back for a TD, which was only saved by a shoestring tackle...if he they guy runs it back, you lose....then Manning comes within inches of completing the winning TD to Reggie Wayne in the end zone, only to have the Steelers finally win it by having the most accurate kicker by percentage in NFL history miss the game tieing kick...

That is what I meant. It was an emotional roller-coaster that was tough for me as a fan to even watch (as I obviously was a Steeler Fan for the Day)....I cannot imagine what that would have been like for the players....but I think you get some indication based upon the repsonses of players like Joey Porter....the truth is the Steelers were damn lucky to get out of there with a 'W', all things considered, and I think the players know it, or they would not have made comments about the Refs taking the game away from them.

If your team can win three straight on the road, including winning in Indianapolis and Denver back to back, especially after what happened in Indy, they the Steelers truly are a special, even great team. But the Steelers do not meet my definition of Great in any way, shape or form, which is why your team was the No. 6 seed and barely got in in the first place. I think the Colts were ripe for the picking, considering what happend to Tony Dungy's son, and the fact that the Colts had not played meaningful football in five weeks prior to your game.

Denver will win this game, and follow that up with another win in the Super Bowl.

Denver 23
                Pittsburgh 16

Well said!! The Colts were rusty and on an emotional low following Tony Dungy's heart-breaking loss. The Steelers have been on a roller-coaster themselves and they had to fight and win games to even be seeded! Yes, they are a good team, but to come into Mile High and pull off a 3rd straight road win is a lot to ask of a team.

IF the Steelers win, then they deserve every bit of it and the Superbowl. I just don't see how it can happen unless the Broncos lose the game.

Comment

Mike Ditka picked the Broncos.
                  sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

That is what I meant...

Denver 23
                    Pittsburgh 16

Funny. I thought this was cut and pasted from an Indy board..

Fact is the Steelers are playing the BEST football than anyone in the league. Why? Because they just beat the #1 seed. You know the ones with homefield through out. We were 10 point underdogs in that game and SHOULD have beat them by 11 not 3.

Quit with the "rusty" team craploa as well. We had Manning confused just like we had wim confused in the regular season game. The Colt's scored 2 TD's that game One on the first play for 80 yards on a blown CB coverage, and another after a short field on an onsides attempt. Other than that he Had melon head confused. Plus we shut down the running game. the steelers will have plenty of energy left to take on your squad. We have some of the youngest starters in the league. They have a better record on the road and didn't jump out to a 21-3 lead by luck. We did it with two long drives and another drive after coming 1/2 yard short of a safety.

He took it to the colts and they and everbody else knows it. The ref's situation just p.o'd them even more. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid....

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas4Broncos
                      in addition, the experts look like are starting to get on the Steelers bandwagon...starting with Bradshaw. It will be a tough game but Broncos is the better team and they will take care of business.
                      Henceforth, the word "expert" should never appear in any sentence containing the name "Bradshaw." An exception will be made for the following sentence: "Bradshaw is no expert."

He was a mediocre quarterback who was surrounded by superior talent. My grandmother could have played quarterback on that team and they would have won just as many Super Bowls.

Broncos 27, Towelboys 20

Comment

Jakes gonna get it done!!

No mistake Jake is gonna be just that this weekend!! Everyone has been downplaying Jake for so long he deserves some respect now. I think that Beard is doing him some good, LOL!! I also see Rod and Ashlie getting it done in the air and Mike and Tatum getting it done on the ground. If that aint enough our D is gonna take care of the rest. BRONCOS NATION all the way!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X