a little depressed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DallaSteel
    Someone didn't see the 21-3 lead Ben built up by throwing and doing it early.
    a little lost are we? thats excatly why i said dont make ben throw it.
    No matter what, I win.

Comment

JEEZUS! The Bus will run over us? The Bus has had a flat tire the past couple of seasons. Al Wilson, DJ Williams and Ian Gold are pretty good at taking down top backs and the bus is not a top back. Remeber Al Wilson hit on Tyrone Wheatley last year? Wheatley is a friggin truck and Al sent him flying backwards! Hines Ward and Heath Miller are the ones to worry about imo. I'm not sweatin Big Ben either. If we can rattle "the next joe Montana" then we can get rattle Roth as well.

Comment

The Broncos will have a better time stopping Pitts run than Indy did. The thing is I don't think Pitts will be able to stop the Broncos runnign game & that could very well be the difference.

"The Bus" is going up against the fastest trio if LB's in the NFL. That & he'l be up in that thin air. Parker is a different look.... but the Broncos stopped LT all season & Dillon didn't do much last week either.

The Broncos have 3 RB's that can get the job done. IMO, Denver's defense is going to shut down the run. And with the secondary firing on all cylinders, Pitts passing game might not have much success either.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ColRockies_5
          LMFAO...

so you'd rather we play AT Indy, then get another home game, where we're 9-0 this season...

It's the AFC Championship game, of course the competition is going to be tough, but I'd take playing at home vs. the Steelers over at Indy anyday, and that's not a knock on the Steelers, home field advantage gets bigger the later into the playoffs it is...

Homefield advantage isn't as much of a factor as everyone thinks it is. Hoping that the team you don't want to face in the playoffs get's knocked out is kind of like saying you're not willing to do what it takes to get to the Super Bowl.

Of course, I can remember in '97 when the Broncos( a wild card) won in the divisional round and caused the game to be played in Pittsburgh...we all thought it was the best thing that could happen.

But you can't count on homefield to pull off games for you. Truthfully, I don't think it has anything to do with it. It's how about who plays better...Sure, the crowd can cause some false starts, etc. But a team can overcome that and compensate for the crowd noise.

Comment

Originally posted by RazR
            The Broncos will have a better time stopping Pitts run than Indy did. The thing is I don't think Pitts will be able to stop the Broncos runnign game & that could very well be the difference.

"The Bus" is going up against the fastest trio if LB's in the NFL. That & he'l be up in that thin air. Parker is a different look.... but the Broncos stopped LT all season & Dillon didn't do much last week either.

The Broncos have 3 RB's that can get the job done. IMO, Denver's defense is going to shut down the run. And with the secondary firing on all cylinders, Pitts passing game might not have much success either.

First, I don't think Denver will get the pressure on Ben like they think. Only producing 28 sacks during the season is pretty paltry compared to the 46 racked up by teams like Pittsburgh and Indy. And Pittsburgh has been able to put pressure against some of the best OL's in the league - Cinci(trust me - you give up 21 sacks in a season and you have a good o-line) and Indy(who only allowed 17 all season - the 5 by Pittsburgh on Sunday was a season high against Indy).

Second, if you put 8 in the box to stop the run, you're gonna get beat downfield. Heath Miller, Jerry Tuman(he doesn't catch much, but when one comes his way, he hangs on), the backs are pretty good catching out of the backfield, and Ward, Wilson and El should be able to get open. The Steelers showed at least 4 new formations in the game against Indy and were not afraid to come out throwing the ball. Both Cincy and Indy tried to stack the line and dare Pittsburgh to throw, and it cost them. Come up to shut down the run and you're going to get beat deep and underneath. We love our newly found passing game, which has really been evolving all season and come into form over the last 6 weeks.

Third, the Denver D gave up 420 yards in the win over the Patriots(not to take away from Denver's win). Pittsburgh WILL NOT turn the ball over 5 times like New England. It just won't happen. Denver will have to sustain long drives against an excellent defense that excels at the pass rush and stuffing the run. The d-backs also play some pretty coverage. And Polamau has a knack for taking the ball away. Very good at jumping routes.

Comment

Originally posted by SACOTFW
              JEEZUS! The Bus will run over us? The Bus has had a flat tire the past couple of seasons. Al Wilson, DJ Williams and Ian Gold are pretty good at taking down top backs and the bus is not a top back. Remeber Al Wilson hit on Tyrone Wheatley last year? Wheatley is a friggin truck and Al sent him flying backwards! Hines Ward and Heath Miller are the ones to worry about imo. I'm not sweatin Big Ben either. If we can rattle "the next joe Montana" then we can get rattle Roth as well.

The Bus has slowed down, but anything near the goal-line, and he's almost automatic. He's the toughest runner I've seen in a long time when it's 1st and goal, 2nd and goal, etc.

You won't rattle Ben. First, you're not going to get that much pressure on him. Second, when you do, Ben's rating soars after he's pushed out of the pocket or the defense makes contact with him. Trust me...you will not rattle Roethlisberger. The guy's a 2nd year QB playing like a fifth year veteran.

Comment

Working...
              X