Force Plummer to Throw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force Plummer to Throw

How many people are getting sick of hearing this?

"Force Plummer to Throw, and you will beat the Broncos"

Please... somebody show me where this has worked.

We are 14-3, thats all everybody has been saying and guess what, he continues to throw and we continue to win.

If this is the hands down, shurest way to beat the Broncos, then there must be several examples of it.

Just one example thats all I'm asking for.
    "We the unwilling, led by the unqualified, have been doing so much for so long with so little, will now attempt the impossible with nothing"

its ok they arnt over the fact plummer has turned into a solid pro bowl QB

Comment

It is known that Plummer is the lesser of our offensive weapons compared to Rushing, but the way he played against the Pats I think he will do just fine. Other than the INT he was making some big plays.
      "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

I couldn't agree more. Anyone who insists on regurgitating the old "Jake will throw his usual 4 INT's" clearly hasn't been watching Bronco football this season. Kubiak and Shanahan have done a masterful job of adapting the Broncos offense to Jake's strengths, as well as getting Jake to adapt to the offense.

Case in point: What team committed the fewest turnovers in the league this year?

And to those who now find it fashionable to think the Steelers will rattle Plummer like they did Manning, please remember: Jake Plummer is a completely different kind of quarterback than Peyton Manning...Jake is MOBILE!!! The Steelers where exactly correct when game-planning for Manning because the best way to beat him is to get pressure on him and hit him whenever possible. He is a drop-back passer (and a good one), but when was the last time you saw Manning scramble for a first down? Jake on the other hand, is at his best when he is on the move. I invite every blitz they want to send Denver's way.

Comment

Originally posted by SunDevil_Jake
          And to those who now find it fashionable to think the Steelers will rattle Plummer like they did Manning, please remember: Jake Plummer is a completely different kind of quarterback than Peyton Manning...Jake is MOBILE!!! The Steelers where exactly correct when game-planning for Manning because the best way to beat him is to get pressure on him and hit him whenever possible. He is a drop-back passer (and a good one), but when was the last time you saw Manning scramble for a first down? Jake on the other hand, is at his best when he is on the move. I invite every blitz they want to send Denver's way.

also the only 2 times u saw manning under heavy pressure was against the chargers and then the steelers in the playoffs, he cant cope with all the pressure since hes not used to it, plummers seen it all

Comment

Force Plummer to throw and you'll get the same results you got in the regular season 13-3. Force Plummer to throw and you can beat teams like the Pats.......oops we did that.
            Emancipate your mind!
            The People's Poster

Comment

Yeah no ****. People have to realize that Plummer is not the same quarterback he was when he first came to Denver - he's not even the same quarterback he was last year. Shannahan said not to judge a quarterback till his 3rd year in the system. And guess what? It was Jake's third year and he did great. The guy only gave up 7 interceptions - that was less than Tom Brady.
              sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

You know what I found the most interesting? It was how everyone, leading up to the Patriots game, was talking that the way to beat the Broncos was to stop the running game and keep Plummer in the pocket. The Patriots did both of those, and still lost... Still, is anyone giving plummer credit? Nope... just because they don't wanna admit they were wrong, and that Plummer is a great Quarterback. Just wait till he is the Super Bowl MVP!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shrugging Galt

We are 14-3, thats all everybody has been saying and guess what, he continues to throw and we continue to win.

If this is the hands down, shurest way to beat the Broncos, then there must be several examples of it.

let them talk all they want...let us keep winning and if we do end up winning the superbowl they will still talk the media hates broncos thats all so let them keep talking

Comment

The Nation(media, other fans, analyst, ect) still see Jake as a Cardinal QB, they are waiting for him to do something stupid with the ball like he use to do there. I think that even though they see him in a Bronco Uniform, and the games are getting bigger that they are waiting for the Old Cardinal in him to come out. Even IF we beat the Steelers and end up facing Carolina that they still will pick Carolina to win. But I don't think they will do the same thing IF we end up facing the Seahawks cause they underestimate them as well. They still see the Seahawks as the Seahawks of Old, just like they see Jake as the Jake of old.

Comment

I hope they keep thinking that gameplan will work because all our opponents have tried that over this season and guess what, it hasnt worked because we are still in the running to get to the SB. Plummer isnt the most accurate, doesnt have the strongest arm, isnt the smartest, isnt the MVP type player manning or brady are, but what he is this season is a game managing QB who wont make the stupid throws, wont force the issue, take what the defense gives to him and makes plays when he needs to. Because although our run game is good, there have been a few times when it just hasnt fired we have had to grind out the tough yards but Jake has still been there to make the crucial throws to keep the drives alive, to lead the team downfield to help us win games, and thats all that matters. With Rod who will always turn up on game day, and ashley who has come on these last couple of weeks bringing the deep threat as well as making those crucial catches and a couple of solid TE's in Alexander and Jeb, we have got a passing game there and the weakness of the Steelers defense is their passing defense, Troy Polamaru is a pro bowl player, a great SS who can hit and cover, and Chris Hope isnt bad, but their corners Deshea Townsend and Ike Taylor can be beat and personally I love the Ashley Lelie vs Ike Taylor matchup, we could get a lot of joy throwing, so I wouldnt be surprised if we catch them off guard and throw on them a little more
                      Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
                      http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

Jake has passd for more yards in one season than any Qb in Bronco histroy (last season). Pretty good considering the (argueably) GOAT played that position for us for 15 years.

If they want to put the game on Jake's shoulders, I say let them. They will get burned, did you see the way he threaded that ball to Rod in the endzone on Saturday? Amongst a slew of defenders... bulls eye baby.

Blitz us like mad and guaranteed Putz will burn you. Bring it Steelers, you will be roasted like a pig on a spit. Your DB's can't hang with Lelie, and can't cover the technically superior Rod Smith... your best defense (the blitz, your bread and butter), will cripple you in the end.

Don't believe me? Watch...

I think this game is going to be a hard fought defensive struggle, but all of you coming in here talking like you will make fools of us had better wake up. We didn't get here by chance or lucky plays. We earned every single bit of it, through hard play, determination, and focus. Ignore that if you want, but it won't change the fact that we will be as tough an oponent as you have seen all season.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

I agree with most of what you are saying. BUT...if any Broncos fans saw the last game and were comfortable with the way our offense played...you are crazy. The strength of our team is our running game. If our running game gets shut down...I have a feeling it is going to be a long day I'm not saying we absolutely have to rely on our running game more than Jake, but if we are going to try and win against Pittsburg...our running game needs to get going to keep the Pitt D honest. On the same note...Jake needs to take some shots down field and take advantage of their blitzes.

I think if we play their blitzes correctly, we could have a few big play on Sunday. However...it is going to take both our running game and our passing game together. This is going to be a slugfest. We need to come out fast and keep the pedal to the metal. If it ends up being a close game against Pitt this weekend, I don't know if I like our chances.

For some reason...this game is starting to bother me more as Sunday gets closer. I hope we can pull this one out. yes, we have HFA...but Pitt are the ultimate road dogs. They love playing on the road!!!

Go Broncos....play smart, play hard, for 60 minutes....play Broncos football and we'll come out on top!!!!

Comment

I can tell you when it didnt! January 14, 20-06!

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan2616
                              its ok they arnt over the fact plummer has turned into a solid pro bowl QB

I'm confused. Which pro bowl are you speaking of?

Comment

Working...
                              X