Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YES!!! Dr. Z picks Pittsburgh......we are the true underdogs

I cant wait to prove this guy wrong again

Here's the thing about blitzing: It can't be a casual thing or a mere change of pace. A coach has to be dedicated to it, and he has to have players who share his enthusiasm. Last weekend we saw two quarterbacks, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, who normally handle blitzes with the utmost disdain, unhinged by them. Against Manning, Pittsburgh rushed two or three linemen and surrounded them with blitzers. Inside linebacker James Farrior (2 1/2 sacks) was devastating, as was safety Troy Polamalu, who's adept at squeezing through small openings inside. Denver's defense put big heat on Brady, especially on third down, but in the second half it was the Pats who were moving the ball and the Broncos who were hanging on.

Aside from Carolina against New York, teams haven't established much of a running game in the postseason. The Steelers typically turn to the run in the second half to protect a lead. I think they'll throw the ball early again this week. I think Denver will too, especially if Pittsburgh decides to change gears and play coverage instead of an all-out rush. Coming off a weekend of shocking upsets, I think the trend will continue.
    Steelers 20, Broncos 17.
    sigpic
    DROY

Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

Originally posted by bronc_fan23
    I cant wait to prove this guy wrong again

Here's the thing about blitzing: It can't be a casual thing or a mere change of pace. A coach has to be dedicated to it, and he has to have players who share his enthusiasm. Last weekend we saw two quarterbacks, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, who normally handle blitzes with the utmost disdain, unhinged by them. Against Manning, Pittsburgh rushed two or three linemen and surrounded them with blitzers. Inside linebacker James Farrior (2 1/2 sacks) was devastating, as was safety Troy Polamalu, who's adept at squeezing through small openings inside. Denver's defense put big heat on Brady, especially on third down, but in the second half it was the Pats who were moving the ball and the Broncos who were hanging on.

Aside from Carolina against New York, teams haven't established much of a running game in the postseason. The Steelers typically turn to the run in the second half to protect a lead. I think they'll throw the ball early again this week. I think Denver will too, especially if Pittsburgh decides to change gears and play coverage instead of an all-out rush. Coming off a weekend of shocking upsets, I think the trend will continue.
    Steelers 20, Broncos 17.

YES!! So happy to hear we are not picked again!! Good treand for us to go out and win!

Comment

Actually aren't the Broncos 3 1/2 point favs?

Comment

Sean Salisbury, Mike Ditka picked you guys. That sooooo counters Dr. Z.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelManiac55

we were favored last week to but of course everyone picks NE.......Golic picked you guys and im sure peter king and everyone from SI will to
          sigpic
          DROY

Comment

And Salisbury Steak promptly got back on the fence and said his heart says Pitt on the Dan Patrick Show today.

He'll waffle back and forth until Sunday.

Comment

I've heard many pick the Broncos. I've heard more people pick the Broncos than the Men of Steel to this point. But they real point is, it realllllllllly doesn't matter.

Comment

I've heard many pick the Broncos. I've heard more people pick the Broncos than the Men of Steel to this point. But they real point is, it realllllllllly doesn't matter.
                i like being the underdog.....superstitions i guess
                sigpic
                DROY

Comment

Which means salisbury changed his mind again.
                  Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                  Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                  Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
                    Which means salisbury changed his mind again.
                    steak changes his mind more than his socks....

Comment

we were favored last week to but of course everyone picks NE.......Golic picked you guys and im sure peter king and everyone from SI will to

You have to remember you cant count Marino, Hodge and Bradshaw picks since Hodge and Bradshaw are former Steelers and Marino is from Pittsburgh. We are the under dogs for sure coming into Mile Hile!

Comment

i like being the underdog.....superstitions i guess
                        So do we, that's why we keep trying to argue with you guys that you are favored

Comment

So basically from what i gather, this is a contest between both teams for who can get the least respect. "You have the support of the media" "no no, i insist, you take it." What an odd championship game...
                          Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

face it....the media hates the "beard bowl".....

theyre all over the place in picks this week.....
                            "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
                            -The best in the business-

Comment

Originally posted by Hampton_eatsQB
                              You have to remember you cant count Marino, Hodge and Bradshaw picks since Hodge and Bradshaw are former Steelers and Marino is from Pittsburgh. We are the under dogs for sure coming into Mile Hile!
                              marino picked indy last week ....... excommunicated as well

Comment

Working...
                              X