Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under the radar

Who was more under the radar coming into the playoffs.. Steelers or denver

Steelers were favored over Cincy by most analysts and were considered one of those dangerous teams that was "getting hot".

Denver was simply ignored. And it was automatically assumed that they'd lose to NE. Most people expected the Colts to win, too, but I'd give the nod to Denver as being more under the radar, because Indy would have been favored over Denver just as much if not more if the places had been switched.

Both are underestimated on a routine basis by the media. First off, the media doesn't pay a lot of attention to what type of defense a team is playing. They put a lot more stock into the offense and also how many names they recognize on any particular team. Secondly, the media likes sexy passing teams more than running first teams.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
      Steelers were favored over Cincy by most analysts and were considered one of those dangerous teams that was "getting hot".

Denver was simply ignored. And it was automatically assumed that they'd lose to NE. Most people expected the Colts to win, too, but I'd give the nod to Denver as being more under the radar, because Indy would have been favored over Denver just as much if not more if the places had been switched.

Both are underestimated on a routine basis by the media. First off, the media doesn't pay a lot of attention to what type of defense a team is playing. They put a lot more stock into the offense and also how many names they recognize on any particular team. Secondly, the media likes sexy passing teams more than running first teams.

High scoring offenses are pretty and everyone likes to talk about them. Hard hitting, turnover forcing defenses are boring to the media and are not worth their time. Same goes for a passing game over a running game. How much love did we get for being 70 yards away from having 2 1000 yard rushers?

Comment

Working...
      X