denver has the 29th ranked pass defense! lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RBDynasty
    Another naive, disillusioned fan.... Anybody who actually knows anything about football knows that passing yards mean exactly squat if they don't produce points. Which is exactly what the Broncos do... sure we'll let you get some meaningless yards but you won't score on us. 200 yards in the fourth quarter means even less.
    lol , you guys are funny! if brady is on his game sunday and doesnt over throw wide open recievers in the endzone , hed have 400 plus yds 3-4 td passes and you guys would be sitting here complaining that your d sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by thebigclock7
      big ben will carve that joke of a defense up like a thanksgiving turkey!

even the pathetic bengals secondary is ranked higher in wich ben had a 147 passer rating and 3 td passes!

no points are awarded for yards... as NE found, even getting to the 5 doesn't guarantee points.

I can't wait to see the whining steeler fans leave this board after Sunday... can't wait to hear the excuses

Comment

Originally posted by Astrass
        Hey Pitt fans.....

How many TD's did your defense score? None? ok. Well how many INT's did you guys get? only 15? oh.......well uhhhh lease your yards against was lower then ours huh?

Try to come up with something new......this 29th rank thing is like beating a dead horse.
        that's not nice calling your own defense a dead horse... we all know they are 29th but give them some credit...

Comment

All I hear is, "blah, blah, blah, I don't even know how to post in the right forum"
          and you say the steelers fans are talking smack... you all are talking just as much so i guess everyone that posted on this thread is guilty huh... hypocrate... you don't like the stats... and can't take what we throw back at ya then maybe this entire board is too offensive for ya...

Comment

Originally posted by thebigclock7
            lol , you guys are funny! if brady is on his game sunday and doesnt over throw wide open recievers in the endzone , hed have 400 plus yds 3-4 td passes and you guys would be sitting here complaining that your d sucks!
            Except that he didn't.. "What ifs" are another sign of disillusioned fans. Seriously, can you come up with anything intelligent to say?
            The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Why doesn't anybody read my posts??

I've already shown why Denver has one of the best pass defenses in the league despite the 29th ranking.

Yet it seems like people persist. If you disagree with me and can support your argument, all the power to you, but at least heed my argument. It seems pretty sound to me.
              My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
              . Post Your Artwork .
              . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by SteeLVeinS
                and you say the steelers fans are talking smack... you all are talking just as much so i guess everyone that posted on this thread is guilty huh... hypocrate... you don't like the stats... and can't take what we throw back at ya then maybe this entire board is too offensive for ya...
                Funny... this is a Broncos message board made for Broncos fan. Though we do welcome other fans from other teams, we have a specific section for them if they want to smack. If you want to speak facts, you're welcome to post in any of the forums. But don't expect Broncos fans to hold back if you start smacktalking.

BTW, what's a hypocrate? Is it a crate made for shipping Hippopotamuses in?

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                  Why doesn't anybody read my posts??

I've already shown why Denver has one of the best pass defenses in the league despite the 29th ranking.

Yet it seems like people persist. If you disagree with me and can support your argument, all the power to you, but at least heed my argument. It seems pretty sound to me.

Oh, they read it, they just didn't respond to it because they can't argue with it. Instead, they skim over it and find something else to post on. It happens all the time to me, too. It's a common trait of the uninformed, the ignorant and the unintelligent.

Comment

Funny... this is a Broncos message board made for Broncos fan. Though we do welcome other fans from other teams, we have a specific section for them if they want to smack. If you want to speak facts, you're welcome to post in any of the forums. But don't expect Broncos fans to hold back if you start smacktalking.

BTW, what's a hypocrate? Is it a crate made for shipping Hippopotamuses in?
                    hey man eat your own words about the smack... if this isn't the smack forum then you are just as guilty for talking it back... keeping it going... i don't expect you to stop but don't complain about us doing it if you all are doing... and thanks for the permission to post... appreciate it... and i guess i missed the part where we were in a national spelling bee... sorry websters... i'll try to get right next time...

Comment

^^^ See what I mean.

Comment

Despite the fact that Denver ranks 29th on pass defense, pass defense is the strength of the team. Denver has faced 30 more passes than any other team in the league and about 100 more passes than the league average. This has happened because Denver has gained some huge leads early against a lot of teams. Once Denver has gotten a lead like that, teams pass to try to catch up.

Despite this, Denver has a superb pass defense. Denver ranks third in the lowest completion percentage allowed and fourth in lowest yards allowed per attempt.

Compound that with the fact that Denver is ranked sixth in total interceptions (Though to be fair, this number is likely skewed by facing so many passes, too), and you can see that Denver is one of the top five pass defenses in the league.

Statistics are nice if you know how to evaluate them.
                        and to comment on your post... 29th is still 29th... even though you may be 3 and 4 in something... apparently the rest of the areas you haven't mentioned make you 29th... if you polish a turd, it's still a turd... catch my drift...

Comment

Heh, yeah.

I guess that this thread has turned into nothing but a bunch of smack talk with very little worthwhile exchange. It seems that a lot of people are more apt to respond to smack than to respond to truly debate the topic.

EDIT:

Actually, I was only pointing out that a teams pass defense shouldn't be measured by the number of yards allowed per game. This is an unrealiable statistic.

The most reliable statistics are normalized by how many pass attempts a team has faced.

My statistics say that on any given pass attempt, the Steelers are more likely to allow a completion, or that on any given pass attempt, the Steelers have allowed more yards. Or on any given pass attempt, the Steelers are less likely to get an interception.

Those statistics are more meaningful than the yards allowed per game. They are less easily skewed than the yards per game statistic.

I mean, of course if a team faces more pass attempts, the team will allow more yards. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out and Denver has faced a lot more pass attempts than most teams in the league, but when you look at it on a per attempt basis, the Broncos have one of the best pass defenses in the league.
                          Last edited by Archimedes Owl; 01-18-2006, 04:37 PM.

. . . . . . . . . . .
                          . Post Your Artwork .
                          . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

hey man eat your own words about the smack... if this isn't the smack forum then you are just as guilty for talking it back... keeping it going... i don't expect you to stop but don't complain about us doing it if you all are doing... and thanks for the permission to post... appreciate it... and i guess i missed the part where we were in a national spelling bee... sorry websters... i'll try to get right next time...
                            Of course it's going to keep going...................................... that's my point exactly. You can't smack and then expect the opposition to not retaliate...................... this thread's most likely going to get moved anyway so I guess the point is moot.

Comment

Heh, yeah.

I guess that this thread has turned into nothing but a bunch of smack talk with very little worthwhile exchange. It seems that a lot of people are more apt to respond to smack than to respond to truly debate the topic.

Actually, I was only pointing out that a teams pass defense shouldn't be measured by the number of yards allowed per game. This is an unrealiable statistic.

The most reliable statistics are normalized by how many pass attempts a team has faced.

My statistics say that on any given pass attempt, the Steelers are more likely to allow a completion, or that on any given pass attempt, the Steelers have allowed more yards. Or on any given pass attempt, the Steelers are less likely to get an interception.

Those statistics are more meaningful than the yards allowed per game. They are less easily skewed than the yards per game statistic.
                              no smack, you wanted to know why people haven't responded to your post... i just gave you the reason why... you don't like the answer i'm sorry... didn't know how else to put it... 29th is 29th... however you did forget to mention that your rock solid pass defense gave up the longest play in the league this year... 91 yards...

Comment

no smack, you wanted to know why people haven't responded to your post... i just gave you the reason why... you don't like the answer i'm sorry... didn't know how else to put it... 29th is 29th... however you did forget to mention that your rock solid pass defense gave up the longest play in the league this year... 91 yards...
                                And I explained why that reasoning is bunk.

They rank poorly in only one category for an obvious reason. In nearly every other category, they are clearly superior to the Steelers. And I have already explained why normalizing to the number of pass attempts is a much better way to analyze a defense than to consider simply the number of yards allowed in a game.

. . . . . . . . . . .
                                . Post Your Artwork .
                                . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X