Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoBailey024
    replied
    You guys notice, the work on us is always on short routes, we have rarely been beatin deep.

Usually the pass goes towards Foxworth and Williams becuase their rookies.

It rarely goes to Champ's side, but when that happens what do you get?

9 INTs 2 TDs and 239 yards(including playoffs).

I would love to see "big Ben Carve our secondary up" on the left side of the field.

Leave a comment:

• Archimedes Owl
    replied
    If you are going to mention QBs that Denver has faced, please feel free to mention McNabb.

Seahawks are ranked 28th against the pass.

They're pretty good too...
    They might be.

I'll have to check their statistics normalized according to how many attempts they've faced.

I'll post the results in just a bit.

Leave a comment:

• EMCF
    replied
    Seahawks are ranked 28th against the pass.

They're pretty good too...

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by thebigclock7
    big ben will carve that joke of a defense up like a thanksgiving turkey!
    Gus Frerotte
    Drew Brees (twice)
    Trent Green
    Mark Brunell
    Tom Brady (twice)
    Drew Bledsoe

These are some of the QBs the Broncos have beaten this year.

And you think Roethlisberger will do it now?

Now, get your butt over into Smack, where it belongs!

-----

Leave a comment:

• Archimedes Owl
    replied
    Originally posted by SteeLVeinS
    i have never disagreed... but the thing you are trying to do is take away everything from pitts pass defense... yeah, you all were passed on more than anyone in the league... however, if you look at the two pass defenses... they are so close to each other it is amazing how you all are 29th...

pitt den
    57.4 56.1 comp %
    6.45 6.25 ypa
    15 20 td's allowed
    15 20 int (like you said skewed by the 60 more attempts but either way)
    47 28 sacks
    74 72.2 avg passer rating...

pretty damn close to me... the only reason that you all are so far down is yards allowed on those completions which bumps up your yards allowed per game... but don't try to take everything from teh steelers saying that NE has a better pass d than us and all that... come on... our and yours are identacle to the naked eye...
    If I said NE had a better pass defense than the Steelers, I appologize. That's blatantly incorrect. Denver has the slight edge in pass defense between the two teams, but New England was much worse. They ranked near the bottom of the league in yards allowed per attempt. They were also third in completion percentage allowed. Combine these two and you can see that they are a defense that has stopped a lot of drives, but has also given up a lot of the big play. This was so throughout the entire season. Their rushing defense was great towards the end of the year after they hadn't the injuries, but their pass defense was beat deep all year.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco Virus
    replied
    DONT RUN UR MOUTH UNLESS U WIN

Leave a comment:

• SteeLVeinS
    replied
    Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
    And I explained why that reasoning is bunk.

They rank poorly in only one category for an obvious reason. In nearly every other category, they are clearly superior to the Steelers. And I have already explained why normalizing to the number of pass attempts is a much better way to analyze a defense than to consider simply the number of yards allowed in a game.
    i have never disagreed... but the thing you are trying to do is take away everything from pitts pass defense... yeah, you all were passed on more than anyone in the league... however, if you look at the two pass defenses... they are so close to each other it is amazing how you all are 29th...

pitt / den
    57.4 / 56.1 comp %
    6.45 / 6.25 ypa
    15 / 20 td's allowed
    15 / 20 int (like you said skewed by the 60 more attempts but either way)
    47 / 28 sacks
    74 / 72.2 avg passer rating...

pretty damn close to me... the only reason that you all are so far down is yards allowed on those completions which bumps up your yards allowed per game... but don't try to take everything from teh steelers saying that NE has a better pass d than us and all that... come on... our and yours are identical to the naked eye...
    Last edited by SteeLVeinS; 01-18-2006, 04:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LoyalSoldier
    replied
    You want to know something? Some of the best defenses in the entire NFL have never been the top in YPG. The Pats in all their superbowl years were never higher than 8th.

Yards

2001 - 21st
    2003 - 8th
    2004 - 13th

But guess what? The stats they did lead in those years was what made them a good defense, turnovers and Points scored.

Interceptions

2001 - 6th
    2003 - 1st
    2004 - 7th

Passing TDs allowed

2001 - 6th
    2003 - 1st
    2004 - 10th

I dare you to find me a defense that won a superbowl and lead in yards, but did not lead in turnovers and points allowed.

Leave a comment:

• Archimedes Owl
    replied
    no smack, you wanted to know why people haven't responded to your post... i just gave you the reason why... you don't like the answer i'm sorry... didn't know how else to put it... 29th is 29th... however you did forget to mention that your rock solid pass defense gave up the longest play in the league this year... 91 yards...
    And I explained why that reasoning is bunk.

They rank poorly in only one category for an obvious reason. In nearly every other category, they are clearly superior to the Steelers. And I have already explained why normalizing to the number of pass attempts is a much better way to analyze a defense than to consider simply the number of yards allowed in a game.

Leave a comment:

• SteeLVeinS
    replied
    Heh, yeah.

I guess that this thread has turned into nothing but a bunch of smack talk with very little worthwhile exchange. It seems that a lot of people are more apt to respond to smack than to respond to truly debate the topic.

Actually, I was only pointing out that a teams pass defense shouldn't be measured by the number of yards allowed per game. This is an unrealiable statistic.

The most reliable statistics are normalized by how many pass attempts a team has faced.

My statistics say that on any given pass attempt, the Steelers are more likely to allow a completion, or that on any given pass attempt, the Steelers have allowed more yards. Or on any given pass attempt, the Steelers are less likely to get an interception.

Those statistics are more meaningful than the yards allowed per game. They are less easily skewed than the yards per game statistic.
    no smack, you wanted to know why people haven't responded to your post... i just gave you the reason why... you don't like the answer i'm sorry... didn't know how else to put it... 29th is 29th... however you did forget to mention that your rock solid pass defense gave up the longest play in the league this year... 91 yards...

Leave a comment:

• RBDynasty
    replied
    hey man eat your own words about the smack... if this isn't the smack forum then you are just as guilty for talking it back... keeping it going... i don't expect you to stop but don't complain about us doing it if you all are doing... and thanks for the permission to post... appreciate it... and i guess i missed the part where we were in a national spelling bee... sorry websters... i'll try to get right next time...
    Of course it's going to keep going...................................... that's my point exactly. You can't smack and then expect the opposition to not retaliate...................... this thread's most likely going to get moved anyway so I guess the point is moot.

Leave a comment:

• Archimedes Owl
    replied
    Heh, yeah.

I guess that this thread has turned into nothing but a bunch of smack talk with very little worthwhile exchange. It seems that a lot of people are more apt to respond to smack than to respond to truly debate the topic.

EDIT:

Actually, I was only pointing out that a teams pass defense shouldn't be measured by the number of yards allowed per game. This is an unrealiable statistic.

The most reliable statistics are normalized by how many pass attempts a team has faced.

My statistics say that on any given pass attempt, the Steelers are more likely to allow a completion, or that on any given pass attempt, the Steelers have allowed more yards. Or on any given pass attempt, the Steelers are less likely to get an interception.

Those statistics are more meaningful than the yards allowed per game. They are less easily skewed than the yards per game statistic.

I mean, of course if a team faces more pass attempts, the team will allow more yards. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out and Denver has faced a lot more pass attempts than most teams in the league, but when you look at it on a per attempt basis, the Broncos have one of the best pass defenses in the league.
    Last edited by Archimedes Owl; 01-18-2006, 04:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SteeLVeinS
    replied
    Despite the fact that Denver ranks 29th on pass defense, pass defense is the strength of the team. Denver has faced 30 more passes than any other team in the league and about 100 more passes than the league average. This has happened because Denver has gained some huge leads early against a lot of teams. Once Denver has gotten a lead like that, teams pass to try to catch up.

Despite this, Denver has a superb pass defense. Denver ranks third in the lowest completion percentage allowed and fourth in lowest yards allowed per attempt.

Compound that with the fact that Denver is ranked sixth in total interceptions (Though to be fair, this number is likely skewed by facing so many passes, too), and you can see that Denver is one of the top five pass defenses in the league.

Statistics are nice if you know how to evaluate them.
    and to comment on your post... 29th is still 29th... even though you may be 3 and 4 in something... apparently the rest of the areas you haven't mentioned make you 29th... if you polish a turd, it's still a turd... catch my drift...

Leave a comment:

• Perry1977
    replied
    ^^^ See what I mean.

Leave a comment:

• SteeLVeinS
    replied
    Originally posted by RBDynasty
    Funny... this is a Broncos message board made for Broncos fan. Though we do welcome other fans from other teams, we have a specific section for them if they want to smack. If you want to speak facts, you're welcome to post in any of the forums. But don't expect Broncos fans to hold back if you start smacktalking.

BTW, what's a hypocrate? Is it a crate made for shipping Hippopotamuses in?
    hey man eat your own words about the smack... if this isn't the smack forum then you are just as guilty for talking it back... keeping it going... i don't expect you to stop but don't complain about us doing it if you all are doing... and thanks for the permission to post... appreciate it... and i guess i missed the part where we were in a national spelling bee... sorry websters... i'll try to get right next time...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X