denver has the 29th ranked pass defense! lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteeLVeinS
    i think that pretty much answers your question bronc fan... since you all have pretty much been basing your defense around your turnovers...
    No, we are pretty much basing our defense on 16.1 points per game against a tougher schedule than Pittsburgh has played. Scoring 24+ points a game. Outscoring opponents over 2 to 1 in the first half, then having the running game to eat up the clock in the second half and let teams pickup worthless passing yards in a fruitless effort to come back from their first half drubbing.

Look at quotes from Tom Brady when he talked about his first game in Denver. Even though he was never sacked, or maybe sacked once, he said he was never that sore after a game in his entire career. He hit the turf something like 19 times. This last go around, he hit the ground 10 or so times.

I hope Big Ben's thumb feels ok.
    Last edited by tnedator; 01-18-2006, 08:09 PM.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Hah...you retard

Originally posted by thebigclock7
      steelers have scored over 29 ppg over the last 7!
      Ummm you don't remember the score in Indy do you....if I recall...you scored 21

Comment

That statistic has been skewed by them putting up 41 on the Cleveland Browns, and by getting to play the Bengals.

Neither of those teams have spectacular defenses. (Though the Browns are up and coming)
        My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
        . Post Your Artwork .
        . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Roethlisburgh
          The Steelers won't score on you? You seem to be the naive, disillusioned fan you refer to in your post. I have several thousand people who would like to take that bet. Be serious. The teams are evenly matched. Good defenses, offenses, good coaches. Remove the orange blinders and enjoy the game. I guarantee there will be points scored by both teams. Turnovers will probably decide the game.
          Did you read any of my other posts or are you just jumping on this one? I'll hold my response and give you a chance to read them before you say I have blinders on.
          The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
            That statistic has been skewed by them putting up 41 on the Cleveland Browns, and by getting to play the Bengals.

Neither of those teams have spectacular defenses. (Though the Browns are up and coming)
            j

you can say the same about our defenses only allowing 16.1 ppg... it is skewed by the low scoring games cuz both of our teams have allowed several 20+ point games by our opponents... but yes our ppg is skewed by that but we also put up 35 against detroit and 31 against cincy the second and third time... and 21 against chicago and indy... so yes it is skewed but all but 2 games have been above that average...

Comment

Well, I'm not saying that Pittsburgh can't put up some points, but when you consider the competition, I would be very disappointed if you didn't put up some points. Now, when you face a defense like Chicago's and Baltimores and put up some points, I'm more impressed (In fact, I'm more impressed with your output against Chicago than any of those other teams). When you face teams like Indy, Cincy, Detroit, and Cleveland, I can't help but dismiss that statistic a bit. Those teams don't have strong defenses. Cleveland's is the best of the bunch. And Indy has a good points per game average, but that has more to do with having a good offense than a good defense. They've been able to put together long drives to run the clock against bad teams.
              My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
              . Post Your Artwork .
              . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

why argue with the useless trolls.
                vvvv Palomar-Mnt. Southern California vvvv

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thebigclock7
                  cincy led the leage in interceptions and forced turnovers , that helped alot when ben passed for 3 ts , no ints and a passer rating of 147 2 weeks ago!
                  Cincy's turnovers came mostly at the expense of the NFC North. If you look, our turnovers have come at the costs of playoff teams as well as sub-500 teams.

BTW we aren't Cincy so stop acting like we are.
                  "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Working...
                  X