X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LoyalSoldier
    replied
    Originally posted by thebigclock7
    cincy led the leage in interceptions and forced turnovers , that helped alot when ben passed for 3 ts , no ints and a passer rating of 147 2 weeks ago!
    Cincy's turnovers came mostly at the expense of the NFC North. If you look, our turnovers have come at the costs of playoff teams as well as sub-500 teams.

BTW we aren't Cincy so stop acting like we are.

Leave a comment:

• So.CalBRONCOFAN
    replied
    why argue with the useless trolls.

Leave a comment:

• Archimedes Owl
    replied
    Well, I'm not saying that Pittsburgh can't put up some points, but when you consider the competition, I would be very disappointed if you didn't put up some points. Now, when you face a defense like Chicago's and Baltimores and put up some points, I'm more impressed (In fact, I'm more impressed with your output against Chicago than any of those other teams). When you face teams like Indy, Cincy, Detroit, and Cleveland, I can't help but dismiss that statistic a bit. Those teams don't have strong defenses. Cleveland's is the best of the bunch. And Indy has a good points per game average, but that has more to do with having a good offense than a good defense. They've been able to put together long drives to run the clock against bad teams.

Leave a comment:

• SteeLVeinS
    replied
    Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
    That statistic has been skewed by them putting up 41 on the Cleveland Browns, and by getting to play the Bengals.

Neither of those teams have spectacular defenses. (Though the Browns are up and coming)
    j

you can say the same about our defenses only allowing 16.1 ppg... it is skewed by the low scoring games cuz both of our teams have allowed several 20+ point games by our opponents... but yes our ppg is skewed by that but we also put up 35 against detroit and 31 against cincy the second and third time... and 21 against chicago and indy... so yes it is skewed but all but 2 games have been above that average...

Leave a comment:

• RBDynasty
    replied
    Originally posted by Roethlisburgh
    The Steelers won't score on you? You seem to be the naive, disillusioned fan you refer to in your post. I have several thousand people who would like to take that bet. Be serious. The teams are evenly matched. Good defenses, offenses, good coaches. Remove the orange blinders and enjoy the game. I guarantee there will be points scored by both teams. Turnovers will probably decide the game.
    Did you read any of my other posts or are you just jumping on this one? I'll hold my response and give you a chance to read them before you say I have blinders on.

Leave a comment:

• Archimedes Owl
    replied
    That statistic has been skewed by them putting up 41 on the Cleveland Browns, and by getting to play the Bengals.

Neither of those teams have spectacular defenses. (Though the Browns are up and coming)

Leave a comment:

• MaG24
    replied
    Hah...you retard

steelers have scored over 29 ppg over the last 7!
    Ummm you don't remember the score in Indy do you....if I recall...you scored 21

Leave a comment:

• tnedator
    replied
    Originally posted by SteeLVeinS
    i think that pretty much answers your question bronc fan... since you all have pretty much been basing your defense around your turnovers...
    No, we are pretty much basing our defense on 16.1 points per game against a tougher schedule than Pittsburgh has played. Scoring 24+ points a game. Outscoring opponents over 2 to 1 in the first half, then having the running game to eat up the clock in the second half and let teams pickup worthless passing yards in a fruitless effort to come back from their first half drubbing.

Look at quotes from Tom Brady when he talked about his first game in Denver. Even though he was never sacked, or maybe sacked once, he said he was never that sore after a game in his entire career. He hit the turf something like 19 times. This last go around, he hit the ground 10 or so times.

I hope Big Ben's thumb feels ok.
    Last edited by tnedator; 01-18-2006, 07:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Archimedes Owl
    replied
    I agree that both pass defenses are very good and that their stats are comparable, but you did mention "Bengals" and "Denver's pass defense" in the same sentence.

You know that's not a fair comparison. Sure, the Bengals had more picks than Denver, but they allowed a higher completion percentage and a lot more yards per attempt.

In fact, Cinci is ranked 28th in yards allowed per attempt and completion percentage.

All that Cincy's pass defense did well was pick the ball off. The Broncos were an overall good passing defense. All that Denver doesn't do well is sack the QB (Not to say that they get no pressure, but when they have gotten pressure, the QB has been able to see it coming and get rid of the ball).

Leave a comment:

• SteeLVeinS
    replied
    Originally posted by bronc_fan23
    ive seen your arguments and can understand where you are coming from. I just want the guy starting the crap to back his OWN stuff up.
    i know but do you really need to explain yourself to the few that don't have a clue... apparently the knowledgable ones in here know how close the two are and realize it will be a close game but don't want to admit it... i have no problems admitting it... i think it's going to be another close game like the colts game for us... i'll say no more than a touchdown... turnovers will win the game... but don't expect us to caugh it up 5 times like NE and that is all i have been seeing around here i that ben is going to throw 6 int and all this BS... that's a little ridiculous and obsurd...

Leave a comment:

• bronc_fan23
    replied
    okay... you want a cookie??? i already posted how close the steelers and bronco pass D's are so what your point... and to correct you, denver has allowed 16.1 points a game and guess what... pittsburgh has allowed the EXACT same, 16.1 per game...

oh and just in case you didn't know... that is how most teams play... they get a lead and the other team has to pass to catch up...

i'll repost the stats on the two passing d's... in case you missed it the first time... you are making no point here...

ive seen your arguments and can understand where you are coming from. I just want the guy starting the crap to back his OWN stuff up.

Leave a comment:

• SteeLVeinS
    replied
    i have never disagreed... but the thing you are trying to do is take away everything from pitts pass defense... yeah, you all were passed on more than anyone in the league... however, if you look at the two pass defenses... they are so close to each other it is amazing how you all are 29th...

pitt / den
    57.4 / 56.1 comp %
    6.45 / 6.25 ypa
    15 / 20 td's allowed
    15 / 20 int (like you said skewed by the 60 more attempts but either way)
    47 / 28 sacks
    74 / 72.2 avg passer rating...

pretty damn close to me... the only reason that you all are so far down is yards allowed on those completions which bumps up your yards allowed per game... but don't try to take everything from teh steelers saying that NE has a better pass d than us and all that... come on... our and yours are identical to the naked eye...
    here ya go.... just for you.. looks like we get to the QB quite a bit more than you though...

Leave a comment:

• SteeLVeinS
    replied
    Originally posted by bronc_fan23
    He already said the turnover stat was skewed.......this part has nothing to do with turnovers though
    okay... you want a cookie??? i already posted how close the steelers and bronco pass D's are so what your point... and to correct you, denver has allowed 16.1 points a game and guess what... pittsburgh has allowed the EXACT same, 16.1 per game...

oh and just in case you didn't know... that is how most teams play... they get a lead and the other team has to pass to catch up...

i'll repost the stats on the two passing d's... in case you missed it the first time... you are making no point here...

Leave a comment:

• Firstwave64
    replied
    pats passed for 341 yds , so it seems the broncos are holding up true to thier 29th ranking! if brady doesnt make over throws and was on all night we'd be heading to gillette sunday!

if Brady didn't have someone about to hit him he never would of throw all those misses and 2 ints....believe it......NE stoped running the ball...all they could do was pass

Leave a comment:

• bronc_fan23
    replied
    Despite the fact that Denver ranks 29th on pass defense, pass defense is the strength of the team. Denver has faced 30 more passes than any other team in the league and about 100 more passes than the league average. This has happened because Denver has gained some huge leads early against a lot of teams. Once Denver has gotten a lead like that, teams pass to try to catch up.

Despite this, Denver has a superb pass defense. Denver ranks third in the lowest completion percentage allowed and fourth in lowest yards allowed per attempt.

He already said the turnover stat was skewed.......this part has nothing to do with turnovers though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X