Why Broncos won't win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
    You may give up 3.4 but teams give up on the run, Denver however will never give up on the run, so your D linemen should be huffing and puffing for 4 quarters in the Mile High air.
    its pointless talking to these steelers fans, they are ignorant just because im from ohio and i like the broncos they claim im bandwagon, F them
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelerpride55
      That wasn't your original argument....you said turnover ratio. Is Denver's D better then Cincy's....obviously.....you said the key stat was turnover ratio +20 to +7. Make complete thoughts and statements and a smart football fan will see what you are trying to say!!!
      Open your eyes, 55.
      WAS it me that made that post?

Maybe you should see to whom is making the comments, and who is adding their pov.
      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SteeLVeinS
        what i think is the funniest though. is all they are hanging on to is our D is going to cause turnovers... they haven't once said that they offense is going to do anything. so that tells me, no confidence in the offense and news flash... the steelers aren't going to caugh the ball up like NE did, okay... so get over yourselves. if turnovers is how you think you are going to win this game, i feel sorry for you already... you say you make teams pass. then make us pass... you all have the 4th worst passing defense in the nfl... go for it... then once we turn your secondary into swiss cheese we will pummel your front 4 and your "hard-hitting line backers"... you aren't going to force pitt into anything... we will set the tempo... your defense is going to look like indy's... like a bunch of kids running around in a carnival...
        Really, you're cracking me up.....no, really.

Are we talking about the same offense that 'averages' 150 yards/game?

Give me a break.

You're NOT Manning, OR Palmer, OR Green.

Hell, if denver's D can 'hold' roth to measly 50yds/qtr, that'd STILL put him over his average......

If denver stops your run, you're as good as cooked!
        You know it.
        We know it.
        No get over it.
        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by psychoWard
          actually the NFC South was considered the best division in the league- don't "quote" made-up "facts"
          In who's eyes?

Wins by conference:
          AFCW - 36 wins
          AFCS - 32 wins
          AFCN - 34 wins
          NFCS - 33 wins
          NFCE - 36 wins

....next....
          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Steelnightmare
            1. Most importantly, Steelers have decided edge at quarterback. Plummer has played well, but Roethlisberger is the better QB and is playing loose along with a great deal of confidence.

2. Denver's secondary can be exploited- Although Champ Bailey is an elite CB, the rest of the secondary is very vulnerable; especially the middle. Lynch is extremely overrated; especially in pass coverage. Look for Heath Miller to have another big day.

3. Pittsburgh can concentrate on taking away Denver's running game because you don't have the passing game to keep us honest. Rod Smith is good but well past his prime. Ike Taylor can shut down any receiver in the league(as evidence look at Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison in recent weeks) Putzier and Lelie aren't enough, or perhaps they take away Lelie- either way your receivers aren't enought of a threat, especially with Plummer throwing to them.

4. Eventually, Steelers will run the ball with success- when Steelers do that, no one can beat them.
            1. Ben is pretty good, saying a 2nd year QB is a decisive advantage.... whatever, but then again you guys went with Kordell Stewart for a long time so I can forgive you for not really knowing what a good QB is. I know its popular to dismiss Jake but last year he broke Elway's single season passing record and tied his touchdown record... John Elway, I know you're a Pitt fan and are used to holding that hillbilly Bradshaw up as your man but Elway was the real deal and somehow someway Jake broke his yardage record. On top of that Jake has about a 70% winning percentage with the Broncs, thats a pretty big deal. Jakes biggest problems since he came to Denver have been twofold. He has made some really dumb decisions and he's not terribly accurate. Well this year he's not making dumb decisions. The guy wins games (not all him, also has to do with the team) and still has some nagging but not huge accuracy problems. One of the most annoying things in the last year is seeing comments from people that haven't actually watched Jake play dismissing him. He's not the best QB out there but he definitely makes alot of plays... certainly more this year than Ben (I throw 20 passes a game) Roethlisberger.

2. I've actually watched our secondary play this year, they're the best Bronco's secondary I've seen period (in 30+ years). On top of that your wideouts are not overly impressive. It'll be tough because of the way the League is enforcing pass protection rules in the favor of receivers but thats really the only advantage your receivers have. The fact that you said Lynch is overrated definitely puts your opinion in perspective... our biggest fear with Lynch is that the zebras are gonna throw some BS flags on him when he destroys your wideouts over the middle. On top of that ask Mr Brady what he thinks of Lynch's play, he had alot of opportunities to experience it last week. I assume you're making your comment based on stats, statistically our pass D isn't near the top. The reason for that is that we've been ahead in the vast majority of our games. If you're ahead all year your pass D is gonna look worse. Its something most casual fans don't always recognize but that's how it is. Carrying leads in games makes for good rushing numbers and lower passing numbers on offense, the opposite on defense. Don't try to figure out how a team performs based on stats alone, if you don't look at the bigger picture you're gonna get it wrong.

3.Our passing game is superior to Pitts from the games I've watched this year. Ben is OK but inexperienced... well against our defense they're going to be mixing pressure with soft zone, its unusual for a QB with his lack of experience to beat that. In fact I've seen him get chewed up with that combo on more than one occasion this year. There were 5 games this year when our gameplan didn't even call for the running game to do anything, including last week. We are the number 2 rushing attack in the league and we have won several games without even really utilizing it. Pitt's offense is far less flexible than Denver's from the games I've watched this year, and the Pitt offensive coaching staff only left their base O one time this year which was last week. Pitt is going to be guessing all day long against the offensive schemes they're going to see.

4. My early prediction is whoever is ahead in the 2nd half is going to start running the ball... assuming your offensive coordinator is smart enough to not come out with your standard up the gut attack that I've seen in all but one game from Pitt this year. Easy to scheme against and from what I've seen your O line can't get it done when an opponent stacks the box. Our offense has a huge running game because we usually hit big early in a game and then pound it out. If you don't actually watch our games you'll just see the stats, the reality is that we usually hit big early and then grind it out. Pitt usually tries to pound it out early and if their D gets surprised for points they're hosed. Last week was the first time I saw Pitt show any creativity with their offensive gameplan. I like our matchup against your wideouts, and I like Coyer's ability to confuse the likes of Brady and McNabb with the defensive looks we show, I'm not really sure Ben is quite as good as those guys in that respect but if you want to believe so go right ahead. You do have a good rushing game but we have one of the best rushing D's in the league. Ya come out running early, we'll stretch ya... ya come out vertical again, well you're not gonna surprise anyone this week, Ben is gonna have to have a much better game than he has played so far to be successful with that gameplan (don't lie to yourself, the Colts were as rusty a team as I've seen since we lost in the first round in 96).

Bottom line is we are very evenly matched. Its going to be an awesome game and its really going to come down to execution. I'm looking forward to watching it.
            Last edited by Plastique; 01-18-2006, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X