Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news guys

we're hosed.

The Broncos no longer are flying under the radar. Quarterback Jake Plummer will be on the cover of the national version of this week's Sports Illustrated. There will be regional covers for the other conference finalists.
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3412112

Originally posted by CH3COOH

Wasn't John Elway on the cover before his last Superbowl?? I thought so..

Comment

Originally posted by broncoswin
      Wasn't John Elway on the cover before his last Superbowl?? I thought so..
      Do you think Plummer really has the same kind of mojo Elway had going to overcome it though?
      Yes I'm an insuffereable know-it-all, and thank you for noticing.

Comment

Originally posted by L4NkY_b
        Do you think Plummer really has the same kind of mojo Elway had going to overcome it though?

doesn't matter....... it is the curse of the cover and has been broken for the Broncos.

Comment

SI cover jinx? What, are we living in the dark ages? Your emotions are controlled by little men living in your head, too.

Comment

Its a regional thing......hasselback is on the cover here in the northwest....rothlesburger is on in pittsburgh and probably dellhome in carolina....its a regional cover so that means its not totally nationol
            sigpic
            DROY

Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

Comment

S I Jinx

Greetings fellow BroncoManiacs.

Yes, unfortunately the dreaded S I jinx is all too real.
              It's been dooming athletes and teams since it's very
              first issue back in 1954. Even superstars like Michael
              Jordan have fallen victim to it's chaos. I recall my alma
              mater, Kansas University Jayhawks, being primed and
              ready to win the NCAA title in hoops twice in the past
              15 years, only to totally choke after appearing on the cover.
              It's so real and feared that Rams QB Kurt Warner refused to
              be featured on it. Altitude and Mile High Magic are great comrades,
              but this thing is the sporting equivalent to an authentic VooDoo curse.

God Save the Broncos !!!

Comment

Originally posted by bronc_fan23
                Its a regional thing......hasselback is on the cover here in the northwest....rothlesburger is on in pittsburgh and probably dellhome in carolina....its a regional cover so that means its not totally nationol

I don't know about you guys, but that is proof enough for me! After seeing that ^^^quote, I am 99% positive that the losing QBs this week will have been on the cover of SI.....

Comment

On the newstand, here in Texas, last week's SI was still for sell. Pittsburgh was on the cover, touting their upcoming matchup against the Colts.

So much for the jinx.
                  sigpic
                  Terrell Davis belongs in the HOF!

Comment

Originally posted by TXBroncos7
                    On the newstand, here in Texas, last week's SI was still for sell. Pittsburgh was on the cover, touting their upcoming matchup against the Colts.

So much for the jinx.

Unfortunately, that's true ... and Bettis was on the cover. Look who fumbled the ball with 30 sec. left in the game..... Yep, the jinx struck Bettis, but fortunately didn't ruin the final outcome of the game.

Sorry for your luck .... the Jinx is alive and well for those who get the national cover.
                    "Deck the Bronco's they're just Yonko's" ~ M. Cope

Comment

Originally posted by bronc_fan23

Read the article first....

Says National for Plummer, Regional for other conference finalisit. So I am guessing NY will have the Plummer Version... Let us know...

"The cover shot comes after Las Vegas sports books established Denver on Sunday as the favorite to win the Super Bowl. Suddenly, Denver, which was given little chance to beat New England by the national media, has gone from not getting any attention to pondering the dreaded Sports Illustrated cover jinx."
                      Cutler 2008:
                      » He was No. 3 in the NFL in 3rd down efficiency. NFL avg teams converted 39.5 percent of its third downs; Cutler converted 47.5 percent.
                      »Threw for more yards than Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb, Philip Rivers, Tony Romo and Ben Roethlisberger.
                      » He had eight games of 300-plus passing yards (five of those at 350 or more), connecting for 15 TD's
                      » 4th quarter of games Cutler completed 100 of 167 passes for 1,212 yards and 11 TD's with just four int's

Comment

Originally posted by dtigg69
                        Greetings fellow BroncoManiacs.

Yes, unfortunately the dreaded S I jinx is all too real.
                        It's been dooming athletes and teams since it's very
                        first issue back in 1954. Even superstars like Michael
                        Jordan have fallen victim to it's chaos. I recall my alma
                        mater, Kansas University Jayhawks, being primed and
                        ready to win the NCAA title in hoops twice in the past
                        15 years, only to totally choke after appearing on the cover.
                        It's so real and feared that Rams QB Kurt Warner refused to
                        be featured on it. Altitude and Mile High Magic are great comrades,
                        but this thing is the sporting equivalent to an authentic VooDoo curse.

God Save the Broncos !!!
                        Yeah they said the same thing about the Curse of the Bambino!!! Bring it on Steelers may the best team win (and they will).

Denver 34-24
                        Cutler 2008:
                        » He was No. 3 in the NFL in 3rd down efficiency. NFL avg teams converted 39.5 percent of its third downs; Cutler converted 47.5 percent.
                        »Threw for more yards than Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb, Philip Rivers, Tony Romo and Ben Roethlisberger.
                        » He had eight games of 300-plus passing yards (five of those at 350 or more), connecting for 15 TD's
                        » 4th quarter of games Cutler completed 100 of 167 passes for 1,212 yards and 11 TD's with just four int's

Comment

As long as he's not on Madden 07' I'm cool with it hehe.
                          sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Originally posted by Crush77
                            Yeah they said the same thing about the Curse of the Bambino!!! Bring it on Steelers may the best team win (and they will).

Denver 34-24
                            How many years did that one last? It's only a jinx if you think it's a jinx. If anyone here has ever seen Bull Durham just remember, if someone thinks they're playing well because they're having sex or not having sex or wearing garters, than they are. If you haven't seen the movie...you may want to just ignore that though.
                            Yes I'm an insuffereable know-it-all, and thank you for noticing.

Comment

Indeed, Plummer is on the true national cover,
                              and the game is being played here, so I'm doggone
                              edgy. Last week we had the power of the Full Moon
                              on our side.... but now this troubling scenario. I know my
                              heart stopped last night when I heard about it on the
                              news. And it's so true about Bettis...he hadn't fumbled
                              in over two years. It had to be divine intervention that
                              saved the game.

GO BRONCOS!!! FIGHT BRONCOS!!! WIN BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X